EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Somos215
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I haven't been able to log on for 5 days now. After the login screen the donut spins for a second and then stops. The game refuses to load up. I tried my other account and that worked normally. I have also re-downloaded the app. Please help, I'm missing all the *.pattys day tasks!
  • nicolesump
    129 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Slightly odd but I'm not complaining, logged on today and got a free donut and xp for completing "I choose choo choose you" task back from vday .... Was a bit strange as I know I already completed that back then....
  • edited March 2013
    It appears I just fell victim to the loading screen/harp sound game crash issue. Game seems to load fine, until you click login using the Origin ID.

I was playing yesterday evening, then late last night the issue started. I had the Wiggum house for a like a day or so, so I can only assume from my perspective is its something to do with the El Chemistri building, as it started happening shortly after it was built, or probably an issue with loading the town data after trying to log in with the Origin ID.

Please get this is issue fixed, I am a daily player who buys donuts. Each day that passes where I can't play will make this player even more sad.

BringTheNoise99
  • subseeker
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    WHAT THE *?!?!?!?!?!??! Almost a week has passed and still this * problem's not solved???????? I * paid for this * game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And where the * are my donuts which I complained about, EA ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? HAVEN'T SEEN MY * DONUTS ON MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • subseeker
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    * YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    EA:

I am a lover of The Simpsons: Tapped Out since its first lunch last year, but yesterday when I finished building the Burns Manor my game stop workings, so I close the game. When I entered again it goes okay until I enter the game, the little donut that shows that is loading stop moving and stays like that and it never goes inside my Springfield. I want to play but I can't, I have tried to play it in different iPhones/iPads and it never loads. HELP! :cry: :?
  • ynotbgreen
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I've been locked out for two days. Level 26 and really bummed.
    Game froze and crashed. I can get to origin screen, and message that I am logged in. But when I try to continue,
    it thinks awhile, donut spins and crash.
    I have tried logging out, and continuing to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled fresh, and from backup.
    No luck. I have reset network settings on my iPod touch.

I noticed a very strange thing. After installing fresh - it still recognized me - my login was there.

Freeze happened when several characters had completed drinking at The Irish pub.
    Perhaps I sent too many at once. I only needed 4 more to complete the task, but sent 8.

Please advise, I wanted the elevator to nowhere for my town, not a real one.
  • PRADA_HeeLs
    16 posts
    edited March 2013
    EA:

I am a lover of The Simpsons: Tapped Out since its first lunch last year, but yesterday when I finished building the Burns Manor my game stop workings, so I close the game. When I entered again it goes okay until I enter the game, the little donut that shows that is loading stop moving and stays like that and it never goes inside my Springfield. I want to play but I can't, I have tried to play it in different iPhones/iPads and it never loads. HELP! :cry: :?

I'm having this exact same issue. At one point I was logged out and was given the option of starting a new Springfield... But I've put in too many hours and I don't even know how many times I've reached level 26. The issue is not with the Simpsons Game itself, because its clearly working... Unless I try to access my account. Please help!
  • mimi678339
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    Is anyone else having problems logging in. The last time i logged in i lost all my donuts for some reason corn is growing on the farm & my inventory was empty. Now I can't even play
  • eringrace5
    6 posts
    edited March 2013
    I can no longer log in to my game either. I am having what others are calling the "harp issue". I tried loading it on my iPhone and it crashes so I tried the iPad and same problem. I had just leveled up, just built the wiggum house and completed a * pats task. Very annoying as this is the second time I've had a problem in a very short space of time.
  • powergimp
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    my phone loses connection to the origin server wen i try to add people from facebook to my origin friends,

[/img]http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2200000/a-full-map-of-springfield-the-simpsons-2282738-2443-1594.jpg[img][/img]
  • VoodooGirl81
    85 posts
    edited March 2013
    Cannot open game on my iPhone5, the donut spins and spins forever and nothing happens, there was a number one next to app icon indicating new updates, I guess the *. Paddy's one, but it does not download updates or open, donut spins for minutes upon minutes, long after it would have usually gone to cannot connect to server screen. I am able to open app on my iPad3 and downloaded *. Paddy's update. What should I do? Why might this be happening? Was at level 16 and was prompted to build the church. Few days later this happened.
  • soulsrobz
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    I went in yesterday to find I only have 4 donuts left, I did have over 60 and I haven't used them. Where have they gone and can I have them back. So glad I don't waste my money on this game.
  • zosigma
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    Oh yeah, here we go again! :cry:
    It appears I fell victim AGAIN of the harp freeze bug

It is the second time in less than a month.
    The first time it recover its self with the latest *.Patricks' update.

I noticed in BOTH occasions it happened a few minutes after the bonus donuts (1 2 or 3 of them hidden in the present package).

After a few days of joy after the first recovery I was plating last night and, a few moments later a new "donuts package bonus"; IT GOT STUCK AGAIN.
    It looks like it is there where the bug comes from.
    I also finalized building of Wiggum house but I think it is not related to it.

Anyway ... the terrrrrrrible sound of the harp started... and it feels like fingernails on the chalkboard. Brrrrr

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game both on my ipad2 and on my iphone 4s but I think my devices are compromised.

It looks like it is server driven this issue... not much each one of us could do on the client side.
    Any suggestion or trick to share?

PLEASE EA get this is issue fixed, I am a daily player and boughts a few donuts, not much... but I feel like I have the right to use them. Each day that passes where each one of us (YOUR COSTUMERS) can't play will make us detached from this product and willing to try and get addicted to another one.
    Be fast. Be effective.

Best regards,
    Lorenzo
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mandamjp85
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    After I downloaded the *.pattys day upgrade it will not start after I login in to origin.
  • NDWest12
    6 posts
    edited March 2013
    I went to start my game today, a level 26 Town. It said there was a Level 1 town on my device and ask if it was mine. It sure isn't.

I click no, and realized a different account was somehow logged in on my device, an account I've never seen before.

I logged out of it.

I logged back in under my name, and same thing is happening! Where is my town? Is Origin screwed up.
  • azamzia
    7 posts
    edited March 2013
    hi,

there is some problem with saint patrick's day update. i got the update yesterday even though it was released on 8th march. then i build o flanagans pub and when i tried to play the game again, the game updates itself to an older version. the pub n o flangan is gone again the water is back blue. then i re installed and got pub and o flangan back. now aftr two hours the game has updated itself to an older version again. My o flanagan's pub n character have vanished again the water is blue.

May b there is some problem with one of the update servers that my game is connecting to or something. Please can someone help me on this. i just cant keep re installing the game every time i want to play it.

thanks
  • gambit444
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I couldn't log into the game when signed into origin. I signed & am am at level 11. if i try to sign in (from the friend screen) it will kick me back to the main screen & say
    1. welcome to origin, username - there is a level 11 springfield already on this device. is this your Springfield?
    Yes.
    2. Save to this Origin account - you are about to save this Sprinfield to your origin account. you will be able to play your springfield from any device by signing into origin. - save or cancel
    Save.
    Save leads back to 1 & goes in an infinite loop while cancel -
    3. you have been signed in as username - continue or logout
    continue.
    4. Tap to contine - Welcome, username
    Back to 1. I have to log out to play, I can't have any friends, & if my ipad goes, so does all my work.
    only option is to play anonimously. can anyone help?
  • Angel Kalel
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I've been having issues since 2 days ago. I want to start the game and I'm stuck at the splah screen and a shime keeps reproducing like its stuck trying to load a sound.
    This has been frustrating since I can get pass the welcome screen. I already tried to restart the app, kill the app, restart the phone, change my Origin password. NOTHING!
    Help!!
  • PRADA_HeeLs
    16 posts
    edited March 2013
    To who ever has been to work on my acct, thank you. I posted on here that I was experiencing difficulties with my game and by the following morning I was up again. So again, Thank you!