EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• jlaborde001
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    For the second time in a month, I'm unable to access my Springfield. The first time it lasted over a week. Now it's been 3 days and counting. After "leveling up" to what should be level 27 for the third time, I logged out of the game and haven't been able to get back in due to the "harp of death" chiming on the loading screen. Please help if possible. My username is jlaborde001

Level 26^3 - With an awesome Springfield design.
  • johnny_w80868
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know what this chime of death is? I've been dealing with this for a while now. Anyone got an email address that I might have a chance of getting some response from?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know what this chime of death is? I've been dealing with this for a while now. Anyone got an email address that I might have a chance of getting some response from?

I assume you're referring to the harp bug. If you decide you want to contact EA for assistance, their help center site can be found at:

https://help.ea.com/

I doubt that many users here would recommend that approach, however. EA is presumably aware of the issue, but they have not issued a fix; nor have they helped any individual users that I'm aware of.

Check some of the threads on the forums here with "harp" or "harpies" as part of their subject line, including this one:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9349129.page

Several describe workarounds that may help you.
  • Angel Kalel
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I expect at least 100 donuts per each day I can't play, so far EA owns me 300
  • scouting853
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    My game has locked up for the first time level 26. It started last night. Wednesday march 13 2012. When I click on the app it starts to load. I tap on the sign I. Then when it starts loading again it is still on the opening screen with homer running and the finger thing. And it freezes and starts making this constant harp sound. How do i fix this? I got a lot going on. Need my Springfield. Going through withdrawals at the moment.
  • CPT_Vo
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    For the Android application, the game does not save when a user visits the donut sales page if the user decides to not accept the payment.

In my situation, I purchased three Golden Scratch R tickets. The first one I received six donuts. I played again and received another six. I played for a third time and received 50 donuts. I wanted to see if what I did was worth it so I proceeded to check out the cost of one of the donut packages.

I clicked on one of them and I thought, great, I spent $3 for about $5 worth of donuts and then exited the sales page to go back to the game so I could spend my new 62 donuts.

My last play disappeared, so I effectively only had 12 donuts now.

It would be great if the game was saved before entering the store and not just after. Also, I would love to request either a refund or 50 donut compensation--the amount I was originally supposed to have.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    CPT_Vo wrote:
    For the Android application, the game does not save when a user visits the donut sales page if the user decides to not accept the payment.

In my situation, I purchased three Golden Scratch R tickets. The first one I received six donuts. I played again and received another six. I played for a third time and received 50 donuts. I wanted to see if what I did was worth it so I proceeded to check out the cost of one of the donut packages.

I clicked on one of them and I thought, great, I spent $3 for about $5 worth of donuts and then exited the sales page to go back to the game so I could spend my new 62 donuts.

My last play disappeared, so I effectively only had 12 donuts now.

It would be great if the game was saved before entering the store and not just after. Also, I would love to request either a refund or 50 donut compensation--the amount I was originally supposed to have.

Sorry to be dense, but I'm not sure I'm following this, perhaps because I'm playing the iOS version of the game and purchase sequence may differ. So did you or did you not actually pay for the third ticket?
  • PhoenicianSn
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I purchased the new premium "comic book" character released today with the update. The game took away the 90 Donuts for the purchase, and the item was removed from the premium menu, but the character never appeared in my town. I also sent a notice of this to EA support. I am out the 90 Donuts, and the character is no longer available in the Premium menu, but no character present anywhere in my town. I tried restarting the game, twice; still, same problem.

Please add the character to my town!

Account Email: [email protected]
    Username: PhoenicianSn
    Level 26+

Thanks for your assistance in advance.
  • CPT_Vo
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to be dense, but I'm not sure I'm following this, perhaps because I'm playing the iOS version of the game and purchase sequence may differ. So did you or did you not actually pay for the third ticket?

I actually did pay for the third ticket. On the Android when you go to purchase donuts or the scratch tickets, it exits you out of the game and opens up the Google Play Store. From there you can choose to accept the payment or close it.

I accepted the payment three times for the Golden Scratch R tickets. The fourth visit to the Google Play Store was simply a price check to see if I got my money's worth. After confirming, I exited the payment system and it sent me back to the game.

The thing is, it appears that the game does not save before you enter the store and only after a successful purchase. Since I did not make a purchase, the last game session did not save.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I purchased the new premium "comic book" character released today with the update. The game took away the 90 Donuts for the purchase, and the item was removed from the premium menu, but the character never appeared in my town. I also sent a notice of this to EA support. I am out the 90 Donuts, and the character is no longer available in the Premium menu, but no character present anywhere in my town. I tried restarting the game, twice; still, same problem.

Please add the character to my town!

Account Email: [email protected]
    Username: PhoenicianSn
    Level 26+

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

The purchase is not really for a new character; rather, it's a skin for Monty Burns. When Burns is next free you should see the typical "!" ballon prompting you to begin the first of a series of tasks involving use of the skin. Hope this helps.
  • rachello420
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

So for the last two months I've been unable to gain any XP...I am level 26 with 5256/120,000 xp...before the January update I had reached the end of level 26 and was able to select the box w/the donuts. When the game was updated it reset my level 26 XP and let me pick a box of donuts(like I leveled up again)..since then it has been frozen! I used to play multiple times a day but now I barely even check it once a week since I can't gain any XP. Every time a new update comes out I *hope* the problem is fixed but it never is. Anyone experiencing similar problems? Bummed!
  • PhoenicianSn
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, thanks very much. It came up after he was done his current quest
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    CPT_Vo wrote:

I actually did pay for the third ticket. On the Android when you go to purchase donuts or the scratch tickets, it exits you out of the game and opens up the Google Play Store. From there you can choose to accept the payment or close it.

I accepted the payment three times for the Golden Scratch R tickets. The fourth visit to the Google Play Store was simply a price check to see if I got my money's worth. After confirming, I exited the payment system and it sent me back to the game.

The thing is, it appears that the game does not save before you enter the store and only after a successful purchase. Since I did not make a purchase, the last game session did not save.

Still not 100% clear on what you're saying, but -- what the heck -- that never stopped me before from dispensing advice. :wink:

If you actually paid for the donuts in question (by which I mean money from one of your accounts is now sitting in the Google Store's virtual vault), then you quite obviously need to approach them for a refund. If you didn't pay (i.e., you only tried to pay and it wasn't accepted), then you're probably out of luck. In other words, in either case, your chance of getting those 50 donuts from EA is probably slim. Yeah, it's unfair to punished for what seems to be a glitch, but EA tends to be resistant to responding in such cases. That's not to say they've *never* responded, however. You might try submitting a ticket outlining the problem to EA's help center:

https://help.ea.com

Good luck.
  • CPT_Vo
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    Still not 100% clear on what you're saying, but -- what the heck -- that never stopped me before from dispensing advice. :wink:

If you actually paid for the donuts in question (by which I mean money from one of your accounts is now sitting in the Google Store's virtual vault), then you quite obviously need to approach them for a refund. If you didn't pay (i.e., you only tried to pay and it wasn't accepted), then you're probably out of luck. In other words, in either case, your chance of getting those 50 donuts from EA is probably slim. Yeah, it's unfair to punished for what seems to be a glitch, but EA tends to be resistant to responding in such cases. That's not to say they've *never* responded, however. You might try submitting a ticket outlining the problem to EA's help center:

https://help.ea.com

Good luck.

Thanks so much. If you don't mind, where can I do that exactly? I'm pretty sure I checked the whole page and couldn't find anything like that, hence why I decided to post on this forum.

It bothers me when someone does not understand something I'm trying to explain, so I'll attempt again, if you don't mind reading :D I do a lot of teaching so, I guess it's in me.

Background Info: When you want to purchase anything with real money on the Android, it will always quit your game session and open up the Google Play Store (the App Store equivalent), where you can choose if you want to proceed with your payment or not.

Problem: In TSTO, the game does NOT save upon entering the Google Play Store when you want to purchase donuts. If you head to the purchase screen, it asks for confirmation. If you decide to go back and decline the payment, it will take you back to the game. Because the game did not save, it will revert back to the last time it did (and not the most recent play). In other words, it seems like it will only save if you hit the home button (to quit the game) or after a donut purchase. This means that there is one instance where the game will not save--when you are asked for payment and you decline it.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks again for your help!
  • Yoshi21345
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hello EA Gypsy,

I have not been able to log on for 6 days now. I was a level 12 with 20$ spent on donuts. I was pretty advanced. Everytime I try to log in it boots me out to my phone menu. Tried my account on 3 different phones all the same problem. But my friends who all started after me are able to log in to their accounts no problem.. Any help on what to do or how long to wait?
  • Kindlarry
    26 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hey. I have been unable to access game for about 36 hours now. Orgin Id kindLarry. Tried different device and reinstalled. Frustrating. The idea of restarting inconceivable because I've been playing since the game originally came out. Played through the many months of no updates and removed from App Store. Help
  • isushininja
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have been having issues with this game since around Feb 20. I played the game once and about an hour later i picked it up to play again, it had to update the heartcrusher thing (btw I never saw or got to use to get things for my extra hearts, I had around 130) because from that point on the game would no longer open. I will go till I get to where I hit continue to sign in with my user name and then it just crashes. I am highly disappointed because I had saved my money and had right under 100,000,000, in fact after playing and finishing jobs I would have had enough to get the escalator to nowhere, which i wanted badly. I also had all the premium things available and an additional 125 donuts. I had all the characters and the mayan and plow outfits for homer and the devil for flanders. I am anxious to get to play again and I hope that everything I worked for and spent my own money to buy will all be there if the game will actually become playable again. There is no problem playing the game if I play it anonymously, but then I don't have my rewards for the hours I spent on the game. I initially thought that it was my ipad because i had the first generation, but i just received a new ipad mini and does exactly the same thing on that device as it does on the first generation. Please fix this horrible problem. I am so upset and disappointed. I would like to think that if you can offer other games and you say you can offer this one then you should be able to, and that included keeping up with all fixes and updates in a timely manner. I have noticed I am not the only one with this complaint.
  • edited March 2013
    I have been unable to get into the game for about a week now. I thought it was because I was traveling but I have since got home and still can't get in. I keep getting sent to the "try reloading" screen.
  • Lovinger
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    When I logged in this morning, all my roads and concrete disappeared and were replaced with grass, and my rivers were replaced with roads. Will the landscaping return, or do I have to rebuild everything?

I have Tapped Out v. 4.1.3 on Android (Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android v. 4.1.1).
  • Mooba2
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone know a fix for loosing progress in the Android version? I was up to level 14 when it reset back to level one. I've tried force stopping the game but it still only loads level 1. I don't get the option to log in to origin when I load the game. I assume that's an Android thing cos my bf has the same load screen. Has any one been able to fix this on Android? Please HELP!

Nevermind. After posting this I did a bit more searching and found this thread; http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9362323.page

All I needed to do was;
    1. go to manage apps
    2. Select 'clear data'
    3. Uninstall and reinstall

I assume the data stored in my phone became corrupted. I'd be interested to see if I even needed to uninstall and reinstall. Clearing the data might have done it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on