EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• tripper71
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Have been playing since this game was released and just yesterday i have lost all my progress and money i have spent on the game as now when i logon i am level 1! **** ea i have spent over $50 on donuts on this game and now its all gone!
  • amaticka
    13 posts
    edited March 2013
    Please, please someone from EA respond to me and all the other people who are now unable to load their game! I have spent WAY to much REAL money on this for it to not work at all, and possibly lose all of my progress. Ummmm, you would owe me way more than 60 doughnuts! I am having the same issue as others, it lets me log in, then tries to load, then just stops and completely freezes up! HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

And it is obviously linked to my profile, I just installed it on my other phone, logged in, and got the same result. I am level 26, and only had 1 more building to complete the game!!!!! I am very upset, and think I deserve at least a response. If I hadn't spent any real $$$$, wouldn't be an issue. But, either a complete refund is due, or a complete fix!!!!!

And why am I getting an email saying an answer was posted??? I see NOTHING!!! And there are way to many people with the same issue!!! Wouldn't be so bad if we knew what was going on...

I HAVE the way to fix everyone's problem. See my post on page 112, I finally got a response from EA!!!!!

I am now playing my game again!!!!! Yay!!!!!

And another email saying an answer was posted, and NOTHING!!!!! And put in a help request, and nothing!!!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • moondogpro
    11 posts
    edited March 2013
    It is Sunday night march 17th 2013. I have played this game from the day it came out, through the original server problems, the reboot era, and I would hate to hint what I have pent in this game. I have not been able to play since Tuesday 12th of march I posted and I got the general do not reply Response but no word from you idiots on even if you consider this extreme glitch a problem or even know what is wrong with this game. I play this game everyday( yes I am a loser) and would expect that you would respect your fans (even the losers) enough to say: we are aware, this is the problem,we are working on it, or anything along these lines. Since you don't all I really want to say is fix this turd you aholes
  • Linz1984
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    I haven't been able to load this app in a few months now. I'm utterly bummed! I got up to level 26, was doing quite well at the beginning of February with the Valentine's day stuff, then suddenly the game wouldn't load past the black 'shush lady' screen. Not even to the HOD... :( I've updated numerous times but still to no avail. It's happening on my iPad, and iPhone, and even the hubby's android phone. What on earth is going on? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm super sad I'm missing the * Patrick's Day stuff! I'm Irish and wanna play!!
  • theessdot
    15 posts
    edited March 2013
    I haven't been able to get past the "Harp Of Death" for about a week now. I had just finished building El Chemistri, had all the * Patrick's Day stuff for at least a few days before it crapped out on me. I'm on level 26 and have spent at least $30 on this game. I've tried letting the harp play out on my iPhone 4 and iPad Mini, tried it once on an iPhone 5. No luck! I've spent over an hour with both devices trying to get in.

• moondogpro
    11 posts
    edited March 2013
    Ea gypsy

Tell us what is going on, at the very least, in 8 hrs I will be crashed out of the game for a week, and I am getting upset with the ignoring: who cares... Response that we all get from support. This is not a free game this game has probably made more scratch then any of the road rage games give us some support EA!!
  • ehutch2000
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    I just purchased more donuts to get the Batfruit dude and he's nowhere to be found! Help me find him or get my donuts back! :roll: Suggestions?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    ehutch2000 wrote:
    I just purchased more donuts to get the Batfruit dude and he's nowhere to be found! Help me find him or get my donuts back! :roll: Suggestions?

This is not a separate character, but is instead a "skin" for Monty Burns. Check Burns once he is free from performing other tasks.
  • Welly1978
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Harp of death again, 2nd time this week so far. Last time it ran itself out, been going 4-hours this time and nothing :evil:
  • cschultz425
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I made it past level 25 last week, since then, my XP points have been stuck at 4 - I've been playing daily and it should be up past 3,000 at this point. Please help!

cschultz425
  • amaticka
    13 posts
    edited March 2013
    I finally got an answer from EA about the harp of death, or being locked out where your game won't load. Since they won't put an answer on here, I will.

1. Log out of origin on the start page.
    2. Uninstall game
    3. Reset your phone.
    4. Reinstall the game. (DO NOT OPEN IT!!!)
    5. Reset phone
    6. Open game just to let updates load. (DO NOT LOG IN)
    7. Reset phone
    8. Finally go into game, sign in and play!!!!
  • aapj3h
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    @amaticka

Tried it on two devices (ipad and iphone) but the harp of death still goes.... Hope that ea fixes this or refund my bought donuts e.t.c.
  • edited March 2013
    Harp of Death — at least I know what to call it now! I'll try your passed-on solution, amaticks, when I feel up to it. In the meantime, I'm going back to Civ Revolutions and Starbase Orion for a bit. I'm a bit disillusioned, what with continual crashes and the ridiculous price of donuts.
  • aapj3h
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    aapj3h wrote:
    @amaticka

Tried it on two devices (ipad and iphone) but the harp of death still goes.... Hope that ea fixes this or refund my bought donuts e.t.c.

I broke the harp! I left the iphone if mine (v4) trying to keep login on the game, after about 30min it gave some errors saying it could not connect. After that errors my game could connct on a second attempt.
  • g0dfathermezz
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I've lost Homer. I can't progress any further in the game. Is there a fix? I spent $50 on donuts!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I've lost Homer. I can't progress any further in the game. Is there a fix? I spent $50 on donuts!

Do you recall the last task on which he was sent?
  • wgrobison
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I noticed that after an update that ran on STO last night, the game no longer records experience points. My experience point total seems to be stuck. I am currently at level 27 and have 114,200 xp. What gives? By the way, thanks for finally bringing Lenny and Carl to the game.
  • 111111simpsons
    118 posts
    edited March 2013
    Just today I noticed that things that I completed (jobs, money collection) were not completed when I went back in the game. I have to tap Bart & Milhouse to see my friends' Springfields, then tap the Simpsons house to go back to my Springfield (at which time it says "Sychronizing") to have it remember what I did last on my iPad. Is anyone else seeing this?
  • tictacmoe
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    My tapped out has stopped working on my iPhone 5, I can log out and run anonymously no problem and the account works fine on my iPad but it just closes itself after I click to continue on my phone.

Tried reinstalling to no avail :(
  • ynotbgreen
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure why, but I am back in now at Level 27. Thank you EA.

I was in a continual crash loop in Level 26++ (other devices that could log in fine to their own accounts, crashed when they tried mine). I waited a couple of weeks and put in a trouble ticket. It took a bit for EA to get back to me. EA told me to update iTunes, I routinely keep my programs updated, so am not sure if that was it, or if it was the latest TO update that allowed me to get to Level 27. But I am back in.