EA Forums - Banner

Anyone Else Stopped Chasing %age Increases?

Prev13
After lots of premium purchases in recent months, my %age is at 1240.

That got me to a goal: I wanted to have 1 Rat Trap Truck = 1 million XP (with the Collider activated).

Now I feel no urge to pursue a higher percentage. It'll still go up, as I'll buy new items that have a %age attached and I'll get some "free" items via the Eliminator and the Rocket.

But no more Burns Mystery Boxes for me, and no more purchases of Vault items solely to increase %age. Killing me a little right now, as the Jet Bike is in there - 2% for only 20 donuts! - but I just don't feel the need to increase the %age just to increase it.

I have 4000+ donuts right now and with $1.5 billion in the bank, I can generate essentially infinite donuts via RTT purchases when I feel like it.

Longwinded post, but I was curious to know if others were content with their %ages and not gonna bother to actively pursue increases. Am I the only freak out there who doesn't "need" a higher percentage?

Replies

• empathy77
    4139 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I am wondering why you call it "%age" and not just the percentage symbol by itself?
    giphy.gif
    edit: I'm at 917.05%, looking forward to getting to 1000% but I am not rushing it.
    Post edited by empathy77 on
  • I'm at 946.50% and happy. I can get whatever I want when it's available, and my town looks like a town instead of a jet bike storage facility. I'm at my goal. Whatever another player's goal is - good luck getting there and have fun!
  • @oatmeal832 I am around the same percentage as you and haven't had any compelling desire to raise it since I hit 1000%. I just buy stuff I want. It would be a lot higher if I put out all of my SH buildings but I don't care for them and don't have room anyway. My in game cash is at $1.3 billion and I rarely even bother to clear all the cash from my buildings. I mostly just collect from characters and somehow the IGC continues to grow. I maintain 5000 donuts and buy/sell RTTs whenever it drops. I think people who want higher percentages consider it more of a goal/achievement. Maybe someone from the 2000% club thread can chime in. :)
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    I am wondering why you call it "%age" and not just the percentage symbol by itself?

I dunno - because I'm a dope? :smiley:
  • mystery2mi wrote: »
    @oatmeal832 I am around the same percentage as you and haven't had any compelling desire to raise it since I hit 1000%. I just buy stuff I want. It would be a lot higher if I put out all of my SH buildings but I don't care for them and don't have room anyway. My in game cash is at $1.3 billion and I rarely even bother to clear all the cash from my buildings. I mostly just collect from characters and somehow the IGC continues to grow. I maintain 5000 donuts and buy/sell RTTs whenever it drops. I think people who want higher percentages consider it more of a goal/achievement. Maybe someone from the 2000% club thread can chime in. :)

Yeah, that's who I'm curious to hear from - the people who have high percentages but continue to stalk even more.

I get the relentless pursuit of donuts, as those go fast. 3 months ago, I'd gotten past 7000 donuts, but because I now buy everything the game throws at me, I'm now around 4000.

I know I can build that reserve up again whenever I like, but I hate the RTT grind and put it off as long as possible. I'll probably care again about generating RTT donuts when I get "low" around 2000 donuts.

I still feel semi-compelled to add to my percentage, but that's just muscle memory. I can spare the donuts for more bikes but just don't need 'em so I'll pass...
  • I just recently hit 2000% and feel like that's good enough. I'd had that as a goal for a long time and had the jet bikes for 20D this last week.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• ramrod130
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I stopped trying at 2500. I do keep going after donuts though, I get about 500 a day and am currently at 41,000. My goal is to get to 100,000
  • I'm at 1381% and my goal going to be 2000% and then I will stop chasing it.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)
  • 3000 in my second town, that was my comfortable goal for that town because my main was way over 10,000 and used up item count so actually several months ago i stored vans down to 6,500 and might go down to 5000 for room and reduce item count again soon-not that either is an issue but like to have extra space and count if needed
    now i play the same as above posters and not focus on %age :D sorry, had to joke about the second post and LMAO at @Oatmeal832 reply!
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I’m with ya. Got to 1300%, big house farm, 1000+ donuts. Basically, could buy wtfiw.

Couldn’t find zombie sandwich and, with Halloween coming, just nuked on a whim. Just to find meaning.

I now have a kick **** Halloween area with zombies everywhere. Meaning.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m with ya. Got to 1300%, big house farm, 1000+ donuts. Basically, could buy wtfiw.

Couldn’t find zombie sandwich and, with Halloween coming, just nuked on a whim. Just to find meaning.

I now have a kick **** Halloween area with zombies everywhere. Meaning.
    thanks for reminding me that i was looking for zombie sandwich in my main town, got off-track looking for that :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I’m working up to 1 RTT = 1 donut box. I still have tons of cash, so I’ll probably slow down at that point.
    Better than multiplier
    Better than multiplier

How about "multiplier %age"? :D
    giphy.gif
    edit: I'm at 917.05%, looking forward to getting to 1000% but I am not rushing it.

It’s not a percentage symbol it’s a percent symbol. Ok? Hope that helps.

To answer OPs question, yes I have stopped collecting percentage items unless I want the item. Too much %age becomes annoying with endless level up pop ups.

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Yeah, per cent is passe. My focus is on Carl moreso than the multiplier these days.
  • I stopped bothering at 1500%, when I was sure I could pick up whatever I wanted. I probably could've stopped earlier. I got to 1600% surprisingly quickly without buying a single Mystery Box.
  • Yeah, per cent is passe. My focus is on Carl moreso than the multiplier these days.

lWOKGob.jpg
  • I've never bothered pursuing %'s. I just play the game, providing, I don't get kicked out, which I frequently do, ever since the KL event.
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    I've never bothered pursuing %'s. I just play the game, providing, I don't get kicked out, which I frequently do, ever since the KL event.

I didn't chase % for a long time, as I wasn't sure I'd ever recoup all those donuts spent on premium items.

My "gateway drug" was when they had the glitch with the pagan fences - that allowed me to shoot up my % on the cheap, and I wanted more! :D