EA Forums - Banner

OT Happy Fathers Day!

My husband is grilling lamb today and having German chocolate cake, he's also enjoying his beer he home brews. The only thing that would top off the day would be going golfing with our boy. But they had to do that yesterday since it's supposed to rain today.

And on a sad note, our next door neighbor lost his battle with Leukemia yesterday. He was the father of 4 with the youngest being 3.

So Happy Father's Day to him as well, a man who was a great dad and left us far too soon.

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    It's not till later in the year here in aus

@ lisa- that is so sad may out thoughts and prays be with there family. When I was a little boy round 7 I think there was a girl next door to me bout the same age,always wore a beanie because she was balled from all the therapy, she died and I remember it like yesterday as I went round to see her and she wasn't home. When I got home that's when my mum said she passed away the night before, I was devastated. Sophie was her name and ill never forget.
  • Mmmmmmm_Donuts
    122 posts
    edited June 2013
    "I'd rather drink a beer than win father of the year."

post-21134-Homer-Simpson-Beer-Belly-gif-4oTk.gif
  • tobypine2
    292 posts
    edited June 2013
    Lissa that's a shame :(. Will send prayers for him and his family. Just had a local dad jump into a river here after his stepmom fell in and didn't come right back up. She came back up but he didn't. Left a wife and two kids trying to do the right thing.

Hope y'all enjoy the day. I'm gonna grill steaks after I get off work and my better halfs going to try a fudge cream pie recipe she found :)
    I still have to spend time in the garden tilling. Weeds know no days off and my tomaters n peppers are going good
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Happy Father's Day to present, to be and departed fathers. :D
  • HawleyBDB
    1047 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    "I'd rather drink a beer than win father of the year."

post-21134-Homer-Simpson-Beer-Belly-gif-4oTk.gif

LOL that's brilliant hahaha :)
    Username: KidHawley
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.