EA Forums - Banner

why can’t I chose where land becomes available

Prev1
With the previous update it was the first time I got land opened up. All the way to the top left. Now, with the Halloween update, they added some even higher than that. This makes no sense. Why not just give land tokens? Now my Springfield is a very odd shape and I’m not using the completely out of my way land which was made available. This really annoys me. Please, EA, stop enforcing me where you want me to put the items for the update.

Replies

• This seems to be the new direction EA has chosen with regards to free land. It has been brought up in the past with much support from users like you and I, but it appears that this request has fallen on deaf ears.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Yes very annoying as it’s placed directly next to the mountains and on top of the last set of land. I really wish we had more choice about land placement, it affects design and overall playability of the game. 😔
  • mine ended up being south a ways for some reason.
  • I really don't like that they've chosen the land for us, but at least they've given us *genuine* free land! I'm despairing for the amount of land I have yet to unlock purely because of "free" land tokens.
  • only a few more events until it becomes level again!
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    My land is right next to the plot they gave me last time. I'll live with it.
    Post edited by TheJuiceLoosener on
  • Hate this. :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • because the world created by EA is not a fair one.
  • My land is right next to the plot they have me last time. I'll live with it.

Mine too - at the very far right of my SF underneath the block of free land we got for the zoo event. The new THOH items would look great next to my existing spooky area, so I'll have to wait until I've got everything and then do a major shuffle around so I can place everything together.
  • Mine is at the far right, right of the area for the zoo. I can't even buy the land beneath it, so the area is not expandable.
  • I now have an empty 3 x 6 section going up the top of my map. Why?!!! I had any empty 3x3 section from the previous event. Just give me the tiles.
  • Mine is at the far right, right of the area for the zoo. I can't even buy the land beneath it, so the area is not expandable.

Yup same here, it stuck my zoo up there and I thought I would be able to buy more land but i cant because 3 rows of squares dont have the option to unlock with tokens or anything.

So when the Halloween event started it stuck the dig site up there, since I relocated my zoo to an area that had room for it to grow during that event. So now I'm stuck all the way in that corner again during an event instead of using it to kem farm....
  • I think they are doing it this way to eliminate an issue they had with previous I&S event. Where the gate was set to find open space to place the gate. Those that didn't have an open space got locked out of the game for over a week. By automatically giving you brand new untouched land, there is no way to be locked out by the auto locate feature.
  • I am just grateful to get some land that doesn't need tokens. I will have to shuffle some things around, but so be it.
  • frosted1414
    2846 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by frosted1414 on
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • SWfgA2S.png
    updated

My new land did not follow the chart. My new 9 tiles were placed underneath the 9 tiles given during the Zoo update. The new Halloween tiles were placed in rows 4, 5 and 6 in columns 30, 31 and 32.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    SWfgA2S.png
    updated

My new land did not follow the chart. My new 9 tiles were placed underneath the 9 tiles given during the Zoo update. The new Halloween tiles were placed in rows 4, 5 and 6 in columns 30, 31 and 32.

Mine was placed rows 7/8/9 and columns 30/31/32
  • joniferous wrote: »
    empathy77 wrote: »
    SWfgA2S.png
    updated

Mine was placed rows 7/8/9 and columns 30/31/32
    empathy77 wrote: »
    SWfgA2S.png
    updated

Me too!

All I can say about where the new land is put is this; this is EA’s game so they make the rules. If you don’t like the rules you have three options.
    1. Quit playing the game.
    2. Complain directly to EA.
    3. Just play the game, it is what it is.
  • mine was placed 4,5,6 on 30/31/32
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    SWfgA2S.png
    updated

@frosted1414 Can you check your map again? Most people seem to have the new land in the 3 columns UNDER the previous free land, not next to the mountains.