EA Forums - Banner

Event glitch thread THOH

Prev13456713
nmd6
148 posts Member
As with every new event there always seems to be wee minor glitches and niggles.
Instead of every one starting a new one for each glitch perhaps we could list them all here so if EA do check the forum at least they will be grouped together.

I'll kick it off by saying that the town square doesn't seem to line up with the rest of the cobble stones. The North and South entrance to the square line up but the east and west are off. Although this maybe more down to me doing something wrong rather than it being a glitch.

Replies

• johncolombo
    11280 posts Senior Moderator
    nmd6 wrote: »
    As with every new event there always seems to be wee minor glitches and niggles.
    Instead of every one starting a new one for each glitch perhaps we could list them all here so if EA do check the forum at least they will be grouped together.

I'll kick it off by saying that the town square doesn't seem to line up with the rest of the cobble stones. The North and South entrance to the square line up but the east and west are off. Although this maybe more down to me doing something wrong rather than it being a glitch.

pretty sure that was discussed last year? It is a returning item.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • nmd6
    148 posts Member

I'm guilty of the very thing I'm trying to stop! Sorry about that. I take it then its just something we will have to bear.
  • I noticed that as I sent characters on 4 hour tasks via the UO. Don Vittorio and Shelbyville Manhattan were possessed by the vampires and could not be tapped. When I tapped Alaska Nebraska, the screen froze around her. I could go back to tap Vittorio and Shelbyville, but could not move the screen.

Seems like these guys like to screw with your UO if your not quick enough to snuff them all out...
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Nothing happens when I tap on my Minioned Springfielders, and it locks the screen. This happens when I click on their character and go to them, not when I find them.
  • johncolombo
    11280 posts Senior Moderator

I'm guilty of the very thing I'm trying to stop! Sorry about that. I take it then its just something we will have to bear.

I could be wrong but it sounded familiar.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Not sure if it's a glitch, but Evil Homer is in the idle character finder, and when you click on him, event currency is given. Then he disappears from the idle character finder.
  • Nothing happens when I tap on my Minioned Springfielders, and it locks the screen. This happens when I click on their character and go to them, not when I find them.

When you use the character finder in the corner it does appear to freeze. Any other way of finding them, via daily challenge, its fine. Same if you come about them.

This is what I'm getting as well. Force closing helps but it soon goes back to being frozen
  • joniferous wrote: »
    Nothing happens when I tap on my Minioned Springfielders, and it locks the screen. This happens when I click on their character and go to them, not when I find them.

This is what I'm getting as well. Force closing helps but it soon goes back to being frozen

Force closing seemed to clear up the issue for me, as it’s been reacting fine ever since.
  • hobbesisreal
    573 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    MAJOR LAG..... This update offered major lag. For me it is 2-3 times more than the original Krustyland ride lag (which was eventually fixed).

When sending townfolks to the 6 sec task to be scared of vampires, it would take 30 sec to tap just one townfolk on the list. With over 260 characters it would have taken me 2 hours and 15 min to assign all my townfolk for that initial 6 second task. I only got 10 folks assigned and stopped. Would have been nice easy quick XP and cash if I could have assigned everyone.

I am hoping that once I complete the first 4 hour task it will go back to normal.
  • nmd6 wrote: »

To get it to line up, put it on top of two roads that cross like a plus sign. In other words, don't try to attach roads on all ends, but create roads and then plunk it down to cover the roads.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a glitch, but Evil Homer is in the idle character finder, and when you click on him, event currency is given. Then he disappears from the idle character finder.
    Ssshhhh! Don't list anything that gives you free event currency in the "Glitch thread", they might take it away...

Seriously though, I had noticed he was doing this & seems to refill pretty much every 10 min so make the most of this while it lasts (assuming it's not intentional).

One weird glitch I'm seeing now is no real increase in lag time but whenever I tap a building or character to collect cash/XP it won't let me scroll my screen until all the cash/XP has been collected. Could be fun when all my characters finish their 8hr tasks at the same time. We'll see...
  • One weird glitch I'm seeing now is no real increase in lag time but whenever I tap a building or character to collect cash/XP it won't let me scroll my screen until all the cash/XP has been collected. Could be fun when all my characters finish their 8hr tasks at the same time. We'll see...

I can confirm this is happening to me too. When I cleared like 30 houses plus a bunch of tasks, it took several minutes until all the cash and XP cleared before I could move anywhere.....plus during this game '"halt", no buttons or jump to completed character task buttons work either.

• Same here for clearing lard lad farm. Id tap to clear the first 9 and then when i tap on the next 9 only the center on clears, then when the previous 9 finish clearing, the other 8 go off in the previous tapped radius. Really weird.
  • My issues
    Brendan (Ed Sheeran) & Legs unable to be sent on jobs, was just Brendan originally. Have gone back into TSTO and been able to select jobs
    Unable to exit unless I force close, although I can exit normally if I force close and reopen.

Only issues so far but it's only day 1.
  • One weird glitch I'm seeing now is no real increase in lag time but whenever I tap a building or character to collect cash/XP it won't let me scroll my screen until all the cash/XP has been collected. Could be fun when all my characters finish their 8hr tasks at the same time. We'll see...

I can confirm this is happening to me too. When I cleared like 30 houses plus a bunch of tasks, it took several minutes until all the cash and XP cleared before I could move anywhere.....plus during this game '"halt", no buttons or jump to completed character task buttons work either.

yup, i can also confirm this glitch is real.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Uhhhhhh, do other people have halloween daily challenges ? (I don't.)
  • Man, I've got so many bugs from this update...
    - When I sent people to do tasks from the task building, some of them don't get any task bc they were transformed into ghosts or whatever that thing is. The problem is that if that happens, the game gets bugged and I can't tap on anything. Only solution was to close the game.
    - Mrs. Dracula does nothing when I tap on her.
    - Visiting neighbors crashes the games over and over. Can't visit more than two in a row before crashing. And there's no lag or anything, it just crashes.
    - After checking the ! icon when in a neighbors town to see how many npcs I had left that would drop event currency, it showed a weird message instead and after that I couldn't tap on anything. Again, only solution was to close the game.
    - At the begining of the event, game was lagging like crazy (really, even worst than the KL update), but it got better after and now seems to be fine. Hope it stays that way.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Bought pick axes. Dug up using them all. Once at 0 left. Game got stuck. I couldn't back out or anything. Had to force close and restart.
  • li5jsre9cc3j.gif
    Is this normal?