EA Forums - Banner

I'm really enjoying the Squidport update despite what others say

Prev1
I'm enjoying the creativity despite what other people say. :)

Replies

• Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm enjoying it do despit ballsing it up buy get all the tiles first lol. Besides that (which is my fault) I thing it's a great installment. It's expsensive but I think it's meant to be soo ppl like me don't rush threw it to fast lol :lol:
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    I'm enjoying it do despit ballsing it up buy get all the tiles first lol. Besides that (which is my fault) I thing it's a great installment. It's expsensive but I think it's meant to be soo ppl like me don't rush threw it to fast lol :lol:

I noticed your signature mentioned no invites. Can I? :D
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    Finally a positive thread about SP. I'm loving it :mrgreen:
    (Although mine is really crammed as I don't have enough boards)
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    aka_kahn wrote:
    beach_zpsa7e0ede9.jpg

Love your mount Carlmore, it looks like a place near where I live :D
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm with you. I thought I was the only one who was happy that I wont be able to finish it all in a day or two.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    Love your mount Carlmore :D

+1 :thumbup:

Does look good done by the coast :) Think it needs to be turned so it faces the sea tho ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I'm enjoying it as well
  • aka_kahn
    54 posts
    edited June 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:

Does look good done by the coast :) Think it needs to be turned so it faces the sea tho ;)

Done ;)

Glad to see others enjoying the update too!
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    aka_kahn wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:

Done ;)

Glad to see others enjoying the update too!

Nice :) Does look good the fact it slighty on the beach too :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I had to temporarily put my hot dog, popcorn and lemonade stands in to storage because I wanted the main buildings first.

Its OK though it will keep Homer off the junk food. :):mrgreen:

This is the best update so far :) There is so much to do with it!! :)
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm enjoying it too. Gives me something to look forward to. I like working on the beach. (Still hoping to get there in real life this summer.) But for now I can make do with the Springfield beach. The Frying Dutchman is almost finished and I'm waiting to send everyone to the boardwalk. :lol:
  • aka_kahn
    54 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure now that they have this update out, we will start to see more updates with beach/port related items that will help up so much more.

Even though many people dont think they do, I do believe the creaters do listen to the fans, there are a bunch of things that they have changed, 360 deg fences, better odd at track, more expantion in this update. I can see them changing building times on the boardwalk down the road (Even though this will get people mad for wasting donutes and than make the complain about that, lol, they cant win).
  • snugglesNY
    22 posts
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. I am actually really digging designing my seashore set up more than the boardwalk.

BTW, has anyone noticed this bug, when Ken Brockman goes to relax on one of the beach chairs, located on the shore?
    He's actually laying on the serving tray not the chair.

image_zps598e02f3.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited June 2013
    Same here. i dont have enough tile for the buildings but eventually my Squidport will be good looking and ill be damm proud of it :D
  • robertnbrand
    654 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm also enjoying it :mrgreen:
    And +1 for a positive thread
  • Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited June 2013
    + 1. I like the pace. It ensures we won't be done in a week. The boardwalk tiles are unessesarily slow though.
    aka_kahn wrote:
    I'm really enjoying this update dispite the major complaints here, and not really even for the squidport part of it, but more of the beach front land. That 1 extra square of land has really added a very nice depth to my town. Picture at the bottom.

I've created a nice beach area for my residential area at the top, turns into an ungroomed beach/trash area by my poor houses, then the squidport and nice scenic path by my business/town hall area. I got my limited free parking, then a bigger paid parking section, fountians and added some whacking day tents for items on the land. Sure, I wish I could buy more boardwalk sections faster, but this way it gives me something to look forward to and not bored till the next update. I really like it! Now here's the pic;

beach_zpsa7e0ede9.jpg
  • phoenixbebe
    85 posts
    edited June 2013
    aww, all these are really nice developments! I don't have anything on there right now, but i have put pavement on the area by the beach :) totally thinking about things to do with it. I COULD put some stores by the beachfront like Ive seen in vacation spots that ive been to (like Hawaii). we'll see what happens. Maybe ill even move the PuttPutt over there :)

hmm regarding the Boardwalk, I wonder if there will be other amusement rides etc (a la Jersey Shore or California beachfront amusement parks). the Ferris Wheel seems so lonely by itself. Id love to have a Rollercoaster on the boardwalk as well as other rides, hehe. but oh well!
  • kcotton74
    52 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm with ya...great update. They fixed some bugs and tweaked little things, too. Anyone notice you can access your inventory from the drag n drop screen? Or has that been there forever?

The impantient kid in me says that the boardwalk tiles take wayyyyy too long. (But I want it now!) The adult in me is reluctantly taking a lesson in delayed gratification.

So beyond addicted to this game.
  • chindogger
    179 posts
    edited June 2013
    I agree I also like this update..it has added depth to the towns..I'm not mad its gonna take so long.It will keep me busy instead of sitting and waiting for the next update...
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited June 2013
    I absolutely love this update. It's really got me firing up my creative juices and allows me to do something new

For example here's some of the stuff I've been doing because of the update

Duff beach party
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9560910.page

Jogging/cycling path by the ocean
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9560609.page

Giant theme park + squidport
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9557492.page

Ocean fort
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9563599.page

Edit: complete coastline here
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9565166.page

Certainly others have been creative too since the update, building awesome lifeguard stands etc

So thanks EA for the great update
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.