EA Forums - Banner

Constantly having to re-download updates several times a day

Hi everyone - I’ve looked for a similar post but didn’t see one.

I deleted TSTO to take a break for a few months after playing everyday since almost the first year of the game. I reinstalled it to see what was going on with THOH this year. I’ve been playing, but every time I leave and come back later, it starts “downloading updates” again of about 800 MB. Has anyone had this problem?

I’ve seen the app icon showing up as “cleaning” in between playing and needing to reload it which may have something to do with it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Replies

• This is usually a space issue. This game is huge and needs a lot of space. Like 4-5 gigs of space for some people.
    Clear off space
    Reboot device
    It will download one more time
    DO NOT PLAY while doing downloads even though it says you can
    That should fix it
  • I’ll try that out. Thanks!
  • I need minimum 5GB free or I have to go through the same thing.
  • DOHbeeWan wrote: »
    Hi everyone - I’ve looked for a similar post but didn’t see one.

I deleted TSTO to take a break for a few months after playing everyday since almost the first year of the game. I reinstalled it to see what was going on with THOH this year. I’ve been playing, but every time I leave and come back later, it starts “downloading updates” again of about 800 MB. Has anyone had this problem?

I’ve seen the app icon showing up as “cleaning” in between playing and needing to reload it which may have something to do with it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Welcome back @DOHbeeWan Its nice to see you back and really nice to see someone asking for help in a clear polite, no **** sentence and not a rant. That's become pretty rare around here.

On a side note I recently purged friends who were off for months. Still have your spot open, if you want it back send me a request.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Thank you all for the advice, as it did work. It just took me a while to make room LOL. I didn’t want to get rid of many apps so it wound up being a purge of pictures and videos to an external. So far so good and I can’t believe I went through that downloading process several times before asking.

Willy9292, I’ll send you a request. Anyone who cut me off, feel free to add me back on :)