EA Forums - Banner

Pickaxes

Prev13
Does anyone know if we’ll be using the pickaxes for the next two segments of the game? Now that I’ve earned my final prize, I’ve been saving my pickaxes to use on the next part... if we need them. I hope I’m not saving them for nothing.

Replies

• Does anyone know if we’ll be using the pickaxes for the next two segments of the game? Now that I’ve earned my final prize, I’ve been saving my pickaxes to use on the next part... if we need them. I hope I’m not saving them for nothing.

Yes
  • Thanks, Captain. 😂
  • Thanks, Captain. 😂

;)
  • I was going to ask about this too.

On one hand, I'd love to have a big stockpile of pickaxes for Act 2, but on the other, I don't want to stunt my progress toward the accumulation of fangs.

I'm at 162,000 with 9 days to go, so I'm probably just being overly cautious...
  • Im using pick axes to build my incantations. They are harder to get than the pick axes themselves.
  • Once you complete 90 successful digs and get Count Grampa in Act I, you can start stockpiling pickaxes for Act II.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Once you complete 90 successful digs and get Count Grampa in Act I, you can start stockpiling pickaxes for Act II.

I got grandpa 2 days ago, but still working on the storyline prizes. I still need the currency and final prize. SO about 3-4 days away.
  • Chris60119 wrote: »
    Once you complete 90 successful digs and get Count Grampa in Act I, you can start stockpiling pickaxes for Act II.

I got grandpa 2 days ago, but still working on the storyline prizes. I still need the currency and final prize. SO about 3-4 days away.

Digs can help you out in a pinch with the storyline prizes, after getting everything I have occasionally played a round or two of digging just cause.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.

It would take forever to finish the main prize track without digging. I'll get the prizes first then I'll stop digging.

It would take forever to finish the main prize track without digging. I'll get the prizes first then I'll stop digging.

You're probably right, but I figure I'll wait and see. If I save pickaxes and don't get the prizes without them, then I'll use them, but I won't assume I'll need them...
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Im using pick axes to build my incantations. They are harder to get than the pick axes themselves.

Right now, I have over 120 saved pickaxes. I imagine I will get the same amount of incantations during the next round, regardless of whether I use them now or later. 🤷‍♀️

• simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    simpsonare wrote: »
    Im using pick axes to build my incantations. They are harder to get than the pick axes themselves.

Right now, I have over 120 saved pickaxes. I imagine I will get the same amount of incantations during the next round, regardless of whether I use them now or later. 🤷‍♀️

True🌠
  • simpsonare wrote: »

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to amass incantations. Now that I have the Grampa skin, I just care about getting the main event prizes, and I suspect I'll get them without the use of pickaxes over the next week+.

If I need to dig to hit that mark, so be it - we'll see!
  • Loanet
    365 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Getting Incantations boosts the Flanders Tome ready for Act 2. And I still need fangs for Countess Dracula anyway, so I'm still digging, even though I have Count Grampa. Personally I'm saving up Incantations.
  • How many pickaxes would you recommend saving for Act 2? I now have 300 pickaxes but need to do 14 more digs to get grampa.
  • Jenniekat wrote: »
    How many pickaxes would you recommend saving for Act 2? I now have 300 pickaxes but need to do 14 more digs to get grampa.

At the very least, get grampa before you start saving. Obviously, if you've already got enough to earn him and still have a week before the next act, you'll have no problem earning enough next act without saving. Do what you need to feel comfortable that you'll finish this act in time, then start saving.
  • Another reason to save pickaxes is that your dig bonus will go up(as your Flander's Family Tome upgrades), so your pickaxes will earn more if you wait.
  • jamesj9371 wrote: »
    Another reason to save pickaxes is that your dig bonus will go up(as your Flander's Family Tome upgrades), so your pickaxes will earn more if you wait.

Good point! I didn't even think about that. B)

Just got Grandpa vampire so will save them from now on.

Thank you. :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Anyone noticed if there's a limit on how many you can save up? :|
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed if there's a limit on how many you can save up? :|
    i’ve had up to 150 so far, so i’m guessing there isn’t a limit
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish