EA Forums - Banner

What is the maximum amount of IGC you can have?

Prev1
Jonalinn
1751 posts Member
edited October 2018
I've got somewhere over $4B and rising. I remember reading that excess cash can cause problems, so I want to try and avoid that if I can. Also, for those that have lots of cash, how do you keep from going over the allowed limit? I'm not sure how to handle it :/ My IGC goes up just by collecting rents. I haven't sent anyone out on tasks in a long while. I appreciate your suggestions ;)
You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

• it goes red when maxed
    508-F3520-8730-4649-9700-43-E3430-BD5-CF.png
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • @fastshadow2 What is the limit.. before it goes red? And how can you keep from going over the limit? :/
  • what the limit is minus (guessing) $1
    you cant go over the limit, just continues to collect for bonuts. i occasionally buy a dozen RTT’s to lower total so i still collect cash back to max
  • I agree, jonalinn, it's hard to bleed off IGC once your number gets up there. (Ahh, to have that problem in real life.) Following a statement you made a while back, I too stopped sending characters on tasks unless event related. I only collect rent and earnings by accident, that is if they're in the way of something else I'm doing. I also buy the aspirationals, RTTs and keep expensive things like the Springfield Heights movie theater running constantly. Other than stuff like that I don't see much way to keep those integers from stacking up.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.
  • Nothing will happen Jonalinn. The iGC will stay maxed out at about 4.29B in red. In the past at about 2.1B your cash suddenly turns negative to -2.1B. If you continue to earn cash, the figure will eventually run to zero and you lost all the cash. It happened to me
  • I'm nowhere near 4 billion but I think Frink pops up and tells you that you have hit the cash cap.
  • I agree, jonalinn, it's hard to bleed off IGC once your number gets up there. (Ahh, to have that problem in real life.) Following a statement you made a while back, I too stopped sending characters on tasks unless event related. I only collect rent and earnings by accident, that is if they're in the way of something else I'm doing. I also buy the aspirationals, RTTs and keep expensive things like the Springfield Heights movie theater running constantly. Other than stuff like that I don't see much way to keep those integers from stacking up.

Thanks @Coldshot101 ;) I haven't had much luck getting rid of the cash :/ I keep buying the Popsicle Stick Skyscraper but it's not making a dent :/ I pay $2M for it then get back $500k for it. And you can only buy one at a time. I own all the aspirationals already. I'm just going to have to buy stuff only to sell it back. I wonder why they won't raise the IGC limit? :|
  • what the limit is minus (guessing) $1
    you cant go over the limit, just continues to collect for bonuts. i occasionally buy a dozen RTT’s to lower total so i still collect cash back to max

I thought you might know the actual dollar limit?
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Nothing will happen Jonalinn. The iGC will stay maxed out at about 4.29B in red. In the past at about 2.1B your cash suddenly turns negative to -2.1B. If you continue to earn cash, the figure will eventually run to zero and you lost all the cash. It happened to me

But @168sean168 I don't want it to turn to negative. I remember when you lost everything! I don't want that to happen to me :/
  • @Jonalinn they fixed that particular problem. Now when you get to 4.29 billion, it turns red and stops moving. You're safe :wink:
  • 4,294,967,295 is, max. I don't think they can increase it do to 32 bit formatting. I think i could be wrong.

The number 4,294,967,295, equivalent to the hexadecimal value FFFF,FFFF16, is the maximum value for a 32-bit unsigned integer in computing.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    what the limit is minus (guessing) $1

i’m sorry, thought i answered that question but guess i’m not catching what you are asking. here is a closeup of the total igc collectible (in red) possible at this time. you still get xp that adds to level ups but igc looks like it collects but doesn’t add to total igc and as pointed out above-the negative igc has been fixed! :)
    46-A6-B9-D4-DFF9-4-FAA-92-F2-D01-D69-A9-F8-C6.png
  • Is this what happens when you get too high of a multiplier?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Is this what happens when you get too high of a multiplier?
    not necessarily, depends how you get the igc, most of mine was grinding the steel mill (Roscoe) for many excruciating days and almost a week, kinda like Duff garden or the Heights :# . Roscoe is on an infinite loop of working out (24hr) :o
    multiplyer definitely helps but did igc with about 3K% and the mill and think i got carpal tunnel syndrome...i’m suing EA :D -just kidding, my attorneys laughed at me also EA :)
    Hi, @wadebear miss ya. hope you come back by B) and hope all is good. thinking of Roscoe got me thinking of your profile pic!

• How do you guys can get so much IGC? I am really struggling getting IGC tbh, any tips or guides to get quick IGC?
  • You can read this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-players/p1
    What level are you and how long have you been playing?
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    You can read this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-players/p1
    What level are you and how long have you been playing?
    thanks @Muhsterino!

• @Jonalinn they fixed that particular problem. Now when you get to 4.29 billion, it turns red and stops moving. You're safe :wink:

Thank you @frosted1414 :) I'm still working to avoid it going red though ;) I've been making some progress lol ;)
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    4,294,967,295 is, max. I don't think they can increase it do to 32 bit formatting. I think i could be wrong.

The number 4,294,967,295, equivalent to the hexadecimal value FFFF,FFFF16, is the maximum value for a 32-bit unsigned integer in computing.

Thank you @hatchet669 ! Appreciate the reply :)
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    what the limit is minus (guessing) $1

i’m sorry, thought i answered that question but guess i’m not catching what you are asking. here is a closeup of the total igc collectible (in red) possible at this time. you still get xp that adds to level ups but igc looks like it collects but doesn’t add to total igc and as pointed out above-the negative igc has been fixed! :)
    46-A6-B9-D4-DFF9-4-FAA-92-F2-D01-D69-A9-F8-C6.png

You did answer the question, perfectly! My apologies @fastshadow2 ~