EA Forums - Banner

Premium items getting out of control??

Prev1
I think it's absurd how many donuts Planet Hype and the Ferris wheel cost! They don't come with characters or are that special. :shock:

Replies

• SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited June 2013
    snyder712 wrote:
    OK so i just want to put it out there for discussion. Does it seem like to anyone else that premium items are getting out of control? As i count premium buildings, it seems like there are about as many premium buildings in the last 2 updates as in the whole last year put together.

This Squidport update is the most out of control to me. There are literally MORE premium items than regular ones.

I'm not a big spender. I'll get a golden scratcher or two from time to time or spend $5 on donuts... And I understand that you can play the game for free and get hours of free enjoyment - so beggars can't be choosers - but it seems that now you have to spend $100s of real dollars to get even a fraction of the items coming out. So i'm just saying... seems like it is getting crazy.

I don't know where you're getting your numbers from, but there are more cash items than donut items. Here is the complete list of Squidport items:

Buildings:
    Ferris Wheel: 120 donuts
    Planet Hype: 150 donuts

Decorations:
    Hotdog Stand: 20 donuts
    Popcorn Stand: 10 donuts
    Basketball Game: 40 donuts
    Mime: 40 donuts
    Fiddler: 50 donuts
    Juggler: 60 donuts
    Fire Eater: 70 donuts
    Handsome Pete: 80 donuts
    Boardwalk Fountain: 75 donuts (this one's cool- an inground one- apparently you can only have one though, as it's disappeared from my store)

Cash items (buildings not in quest order-I got this list from a different thread):

The Itchy And Scratchy Store: $35,000
    Crypto Barn cost: $81,000
    The Frying Dutchman: $43,000
    Just Rainsticks: $29,000
    Much Ado About Muffins: $48,500
    My First Tattoo: $54,500
    Turban Outfitters: $61,500
    Malaria Zone:: $32,000

(deco items- everything but the Fried Dough stand unlocks after build of Itchy & Scratchy- looks like the Fried Dough Stand is part of the quest line)
    Human Statue: I forget- already grabbed him but definitely cash, not donuts
    Squidport Entrance cost: $4500
    Boardwalk Lamp Post cost: $450
    Boardwalk Fence cost: $270
    Boardwalk Tree cost: $385
    Boardwalk Bench cost: $325
    Fried Dough Stand cost: $945
    Lemonade Stand cost: $760
    Coffee Kart cost: $850
    House Boat cost: $15,000

There are 11 premium donut items, and 18 regular cash items. Even if you don't count the lamp,fence,tree, or bench or the Squidport entrance and the House Boat, there are 12 other cash items. 8 questline cash buildings alone, and one perfomer is a regular cash item.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Well lets see how the Squidport items pan out

Free characters
    Captain McCallister
    Human Statue

Free Buildings
    The Frying Dutchman
    Houseboat
    Itchy & Scratchy Store
    Malaria Zone
    Just Rainsticks
    Turban Outfitters
    My First Tattoo
    Much Ado About Muffins
    Crypto Barn

Free Decorations
    Squidport Entrance
    Squidport Fence
    Squidport Tree
    Squidport Bench
    Squidport Lamp Post
    Fried Dough Stand
    Lemonade Stand
    Coffee Kart

Premium Characters
    Handsome Pete
    Fiddler
    Fire Eater
    Juggler
    Mime

Premium Buildings
    Planet Hype
    Ferris Wheel

Premium Decorations
    Hot Dog Stand
    Popcorn Stand
    Basketball Game
    Boardwalk Fountain

• Gam_B1t
    37 posts
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. This game either makes you cheat/hack or spend 100's of dollars.
    I have spent less than $20 on this game. I really don't understand how people can say using gamezino.com is cheating when EA is the one raking in the cash from freakin donuts. I have no sympathy for EA when the price of a Ferris wheel is 120 donuts.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty safe to say that the free stuff keeps outweighing the premium stuff. Just like it always has
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited June 2013
    You know, you don't have to buy donut items or speed things up if you don't want to. Haven't you ever played Freemium games before?
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    snyder712 wrote:
    OK so i just want to put it out there for discussion. Does it seem like to anyone else that premium items are getting out of control? As i count premium buildings, it seems like there are about as many premium buildings in the last 2 updates as in the whole last year put together.

This Squidport update is the most out of control to me. There are literally MORE premium items than regular ones.

I'm not a big spender. I'll get a golden scratcher or two from time to time or spend $5 on donuts... And I understand that you can play the game for free and get hours of free enjoyment - so beggars can't be choosers - but it seems that now you have to spend $100s of real dollars to get even a fraction of the items coming out. So i'm just saying... seems like it is getting crazy.

There are 11 premium donut items, and 18 regular cash items. Even if you don't count the lamp,fence,tree, or bench or the Squidport entrance and the House Boat, there are 12 other cash items. 8 questline cash buildings alone, and one perfomer is a regular cash item.

I was going to post that too...

In terms of "characters" there are more premium. But in terms of characters with jobs, there's 0 premium ones. All the "premium" ones that came with Squidport don't do anything but walk around. Just like the Pet Snake, Burns Monster, etc.

What I think is out of control is the pricing. You can get Moleman (a good character with tasks) for less than some of the performers.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • snyder712
    39 posts
    edited June 2013
    yeah, i agree. As someone frugal w/ donuts, with a few exceptions, i don't usually go for something unless it gives a ROI, so to speak, with a character or unlocking quests, etc.

to put some of these new items in perspective - Bumblebee man was a great value to me at 60 donuts. Character w/ quests and unlocks a news station broadcast that nets over $5000. Comparatively, you buy a juggler for 60 donuts or Fire Eater or Handsome Pete for 70 or 80 and what do you get for that?

Altogether it is over 700 donuts to get all the new premium Squidport items and they don't do anything but look cool. That's a lot to drop nearly $50 of real money on (boardwalk speedups notwithstanding because it will take you months to get enough pieces for a respectable boardwalk)
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    what i don't get is the price of the performers.

I mean come on really. They don't have tasks and are basically just a decoration. How can they cost more than a premium character like Squeaky Voice Teen.

The performers should be from 20-30 donuts.

Why would i spend 80 donuts on a character as useless as the funzos when i can get a good character like moleman or bumblebee man for 60.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    The more EA makes premium items expensive and have more of them, with not many cash items the more and more people will get tempted to buy donuts to use. I kno I damn sure would buy more if I could.
  • snyder712
    39 posts
    edited June 2013
    The more EA makes premium items expensive and have more of them, with not many cash items the more and more people will get tempted to buy donuts to use. I kno I damn sure would buy more if I could.

yeah i almost fell for it. i was about to buy a couple scratchers to get some of the new stuff and then thought better than to reward them for their increasing premium craziness.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    edited June 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I mean come on really. They don't have tasks and are basically just a decoration. How can they cost more than a premium character like Squeaky Voice Teen.

Why would i spend 80 donuts on a character as useless as the funzos when i can get a good character like moleman or bumblebee man for 60.

Times a changing

Old premium characters cost 60 donuts. New premium characters cost 90 donuts.

Lots of things should be looked into and re-priced. But unfortunately, this is how it is now.
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited June 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I agree. I saved my donuts for the Squidport but have been spending on other premium items I didn't have.

This is a recurring complaint here, I'm not against charging for items but I believe EA would have more profit with lower prices (more people would feel inclined to spend money on the game).

Not all players are in US, not all players can use itune cards and have special discounts, etc.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Honestly single premium characters should be 60-90 donuts depending on if they come with a decoration or not.

Premium characters with buildings should be anywhere from 120-200 depending on which building it is and the size. Obviously bigger buildings will be more expensive.

Premium buildings should be 90-100 tops

Premium task less characters should be no more than 20-40 donuts depending on the character.

Premium skins should be no more than 30-40 donuts

Premium decorations should be between 10-100 depending on the size.

This is how I think things should be. They seem fair and should not be raised. But unfortunately it's not like this.

If you guys want things to change then vote with your wallet.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited June 2013
    Except at least two or three people have already posted concrete proof that the OP was wrong and there are not more Premium items than standard items in Squidport.

On a side note: Is the Fried Dough Stand available at the same time as the Lemonade stand? I haven't seen that in my shop yet so maybe it's greyed out and I'm looking past it.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited June 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    Except at least two or three people have already posted concrete proof that the OP was wrong and there are not more Premium items than standard items in Squidport.

On a side note: Is the Fried Dough Stand available at the same time as the Lemonade stand? I haven't seen that in my shop yet so maybe it's greyed out and I'm looking past it.

The Fried Dough Stand unlocks as part of a quest, I think it's available after part 12 of the main Squidport quest (can't remember the exact quest #).
  • Trinity_E86
    323 posts
    edited June 2013
    I think WD was far more expensive :( as it was a limited time event where as this event is permanent so the cost can be spread out :)

I do agree that a lot of prem items are expensive, I see Neo's iTunes bill :shock:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited June 2013
    I think WD was far more expensive :( as it was a limited time event where as this event is permanent so the cost can be spread out :)

I do agree that a lot of prem items are expensive, I see Neo's iTunes bill :shock:
    Lol has anyone noticed barneys blimp bump sound works on ios? I only noticed it work yesterday hehe
  • Trinity_E86
    323 posts
    edited June 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

Lol has anyone noticed barneys blimp bump sound works on ios? I only noticed it work yesterday hehe

Yeah I noticed it now making sounds :) our little boy thinks its so funny lol
  • henn3001
    160 posts
    edited June 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Because you got moleman and bumblebee man already. :twisted:
  • diggz82
    198 posts
    edited June 2013
    The boardwalk performers are too pricey without any quests / jobs to give them.

I would entertain buying them if they at least came with an increase to XP / bonus multiplier
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.