EA Forums - Banner

Purchase THOH characters or build multiplier?

Doughal
207 posts Member
edited November 2018
Hi all. Just wanted opinions on what I should do. I'm at the stage of the game where I have to grind for Bonuts so for the time being, they're quite precious to me.
I completed Act three of this event a few days ago so I'm just building up my Bonut supply but should I go for the last three event premium characters I need (Monster's Castle, Voodoo,Hexes & Curses and the Cursed Toom) or should I look to build on my multiplier, currently at 426.30%?

Replies

• I would get the monsters castle if you can afford it. It comes with 2 premium characters. the other 2, i'd wait and hope they come back in a mystery box. 2cents.
  • I think it’s more of a preference to you. Do you have a desire to have every character from every event or do you desire to get to a place where you can buy whatever you want with loads of donuts?

While getting the characters now will help towards the goal of donut financial independence (and gaurantee that you will have these characters), growing your XP % will get you there faster (but leaves your character lists incomplete as some characters don’t return).

I’m currently at 530% with 205 characters. My OCD makes me stop grinding to buy the characters, but I know that should I just ignore the desire and miss a few events, I’d probably be at 1000% and well off.
  • I think it’s more of a preference to you. Do you have a desire to have every character from every event or do you desire to get to a place where you can buy whatever you want with loads of donuts?

While getting the characters now will help towards the goal of donut financial independence (and gaurantee that you will have these characters), growing your XP % will get you there faster (but leaves your character lists incomplete as some characters don’t return).

I’m currently at 530% with 205 characters. My OCD makes me stop grinding to buy the characters, but I know that should I just ignore the desire and miss a few events, I’d probably be at 1000% and well off.

I guess there's no real hurry. I'll look at getting the Monsters Castle as @hatchet669 advises as it does come with two premium characters then get back to grinding in anticipation of Black Friday.

• In my opinion... you need both characters and bonus to a be successful freemium player. I estimate that around 700% bonus you can afford most or all of the new event stuff easily. So, characters are important (and fun) but don't neglect your bonus!
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • What i did at your % was i bought one character per event to help me along the event, the rest of the donuts i made went towards burns MB. It was slow but worth it. I"m at 1000%+ and make a few hundred donuts a day. Now i can afford almost anything that comes out.

This halloween event is the first one where i was able to afford to buy everything. All mystery boxes, all the new characters, whatever i wanted. And i'm already at 2500 donuts for black friday sale.
  • I'll get there. At the moment my cash reserves are a bit low too. Fluctuating between 0.5-1.5 million whilst Kemming but as I progress my grind should become less.
  • I think it was around 700% when I started doing both. I would KEM farm for donuts to spend on content and for every 10MM igc I earned I'd use it to buy rat trap trucks to turn into donuts I'd use to increase my multiplier (via mystery boxes). That way, I had a steady stream of income for content and multiplier so I didn't have to choose between the two.

For now, prioritize your multiplier and never pay full price for characters (and character combos) unless it's something you really, really want.
  • My two cents worth - the characters aren't available after the event, but multipliers are available in some form all the time. I'd get the characters now, and build your multiplier when you can. That's worked for me. I regret missing some characters.
  • The voodoo lady isnt that important. But to me personally the Frankenstein castle is iconic. The reason being is because of the date of the episode. Only get what you think you'd regret not having. Because it is always up in the air for when something may return again... like Duncan aka Furious D. And the Frankenstein is multiple so it could be broken up then a bundle not be available later because of code. Multiplier is important. But having something to multiply is also important. So find your balance my friend and do what you think is best.
  • https://i.imgur.com/ViortyY.png44p93antyt1f.png

Not sure if you have bought some items already but a few good premium purchases this Halloween for characters and multipliers

Beatrice and the woods 4%
    Wolf Man and Howl Hill 4%
    Nosferatu I think had bonus too

According to this very helpful table from Lpnintendo some of these will be back towards the end of the event.

I picked up a few of the donut rebate items and Beatrice.

Tented tree was really good at 1% for 10 donuts (after a 5d rebate).

Keep an eye on the vault as that will offer some of the best deals donuts vs bonus %.

Hope this helps
  • Personally, I have always gone for characters over multiplier. You may never see some characters return, but you can work on your % anytime
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Personally, I have always gone for characters over multiplier. You may never see some characters return, but you can work on your % anytime

Always thought you were a bit of a character, neighbour >:)
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    Personally, I have always gone for characters over multiplier. You may never see some characters return, but you can work on your % anytime

Always thought you were a bit of a character, neighbour >:)

My wife tells me the same thing!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Thanks for all the advice guys. I've bought up characters that came with a multiplier already and the only ones I haven't purchased are the three I stated previously. Will have enough for Monsters Castle today though.
  • OhHappyJays
    1628 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm at that point, with an XP percentage close to 1000, I can hold off on rapidly increasing my XP, and look to grabbing all the Premium characters, rushing through their questlines, because I can afford to do so. And while I won't get all those Donuts back all the way, I can at least gain a portion of those back.

If you're XP is really small (under 500%), look to increase that over buying Premium characters. However, if the character comes bundled with a Hidden XP, those should be your priority. You'd be killing two birds with one stone. You'd get a Premium character AND a boost to your XP.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.