EA Forums - Banner

Lard Lad Donut Factory coming soon, and it gives out donuts (12 per day)

Prev13
It's 900 donuts! Would you buy it?

Replies

• if only it were....

sadly, you are mistaken. you must buy the store full of 900 donuts for $50 to acquire it.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • D'oh nuts!
  • That's like, how many days until you get your money? 900 divided by 12...
  • P-dont wrote: »

If it was 900 donuts without having to pay £50 i'd of bought it.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    P-dont wrote: »

If it was 900 donuts without having to pay £50 i'd of bought it.

I agree.

That said, I can understand why they have chosen this approach. Someone relatively new to the game might be keen on this; or someone who occasionally pays for donuts might go for one bulk purchase for a change plus a bonus; I get more than 12 a day anyway, so it is only the completionist in me which is even considering it. I think the skinflint will win though.
  • gypsymacgyver
    180 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    That's like, how many days until you get your money? 900 divided by 12...

I think I worked out 75 earlier, though that would be logging on at the right minute every day. Maybe up to 90 if you are more casual!

ETA - in which case if you normally spend £20 a month then it's probably worth splashing out and then not spending in Dec and Jan.
  • 12 donuts a day would be 84 per week, 360 per month, 4380 per year
  • This is one of the most tempting offers because it's the closest we will ever get to printing our own money. Sure it's 50 dollars, but if you play every day, it will pay for itself beyond day 76.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • This is one of the most tempting offers because it's the closest we will ever get to printing our own money. Sure it's 50 dollars, but if you play every day, it will pay for itself beyond day 76.

I'm not sure your logic is sound. If it cost 900 donuts that would make sense. Yes, every 75 day you would get 900 donuts... but still that would be 1800 donuts for $£50 :)

I'm not sure your logic is sound. If it cost 900 donuts that would make sense. Yes, every 75 day you would get 900 donuts... but still that would be 1800 donuts for $£50 :)

I see where you're coming from. If it cost 900 donuts to spend to get the building; I'd do that in a heartbeat. And, I know almost everyone who has enough would do so as well.

But, having to buy 900 donuts, is what is really dampening this deal. It's the too good to be true part of the deal.

Now, we still have a few days to stew over this decision, but it's not going to be an easy decision. But, then again, not every decision in this game is.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • How long will the factory be available for purchase? If it doesnt atleast go into Dec. I for sure wouldnt be able to get it.
  • simpsonare
    2132 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    But Id definitely consider it. Incase farming was ever strong armed youd have a little something to fall back on
  • This might be the only item in the game I won’t own.

I’ve spent the 20 bucks on the characters released in the last year or so, that you couldn’t get for donuts. But 50 bucks for a building that generates donuts? If you KEM or RatTrap Truck, why get this? Anyone can do the methods listed above to get donuts at no real money cost.
  • I'm already pondering a design lol. Same with the inbred statue... bragging rights lol. No... but seriously... Thinking of doing something with the donut store, truck, boat, and factory. Add some money trees in the mix. Im thinking of boardwalk tiles further down the map. With the boat next to the tiles. Then have the truck on pavement by the tiles. Still need to think of what Im going to do with the store and factory. The factory is creating donuts so a store beside it would be the freshest donuts in town.
  • But I haven't spent hardly anything this year which justifies the purchase. Along with the extra donuts just for logging in. Its more cosmetic for me. I certainly don't need the 12 donuts. But I want it for design purposes. And considering my last purchase was Sven Golly. I would do it to support the game also.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    How long will the factory be available for purchase? If it doesnt atleast go into Dec. I for sure wouldnt be able to get it.

Black Friday stuff is Nov 20 to Nov 28. It's a good looking building...
  • $50 for one building? That's a real hard sell. I have no problem shelling out $9.99 every once in a while for a taskable character, plus in ensures the longevity of the game by donating to it. But $50...............
  • No ty. I make enough donuts without having to pay real money to do so.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • This does sound like a good deal for new players who would be buying donuts anyway. It takes a long time to get to the point where you can generate a steady supply of donuts.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Do you have any idea just how drunk I can get for £50 and have change left over for a dodgy takeaway meal I can throw up later? Sorry, not for me, but I can see the attraction for players who struggle to generate donuts.
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!