EA Forums - Banner

Lard Lad Donut Factory 6 donuts a day for $50.00 actual cash worth it?

Replies

• not a bad deal
    9-ACBDFBE-75-B4-41-A7-9987-7-CA1926997-A5.png

Can't wait to get that factory. :D
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • 12 donuts per tolken, if you spend 5 tolkens then you get 5 dozen donuts
    but yes, i can confirm

Thank you! so that’s a lot of stuff you can get before you even touch your 900 donuts I think that’s a petty good deal and you will continually get donuts from the factory too which is a bonus, better than nothing right

@ewestbury90 Yup! I hate to spend the money but in the end I found it worth it. I got all the prizes on the track, the reward cash, plus 20+ tokens. I only needed three items in the gold box so I used the rest of the tokens to buy more donuts. Then I was able to use the donuts to buy items in other boxes. I want to save some for christmas and I'll go back to farming.

I want to tell as many people as I can @P-dont because I don't want people going through the Prize Track the way it's designed and end up spending more than $50 USD.

I was wrong.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    not a bad deal

Can't wait to get that factory. :D
    i didn’t have any gold boxes, guess i’ll have to settle for donuts, so mad that the offer didn’t tranfer to other towns though
    did you read the motto on monstromart? should be EA’s motto :D
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I still don't think the $50 is a great idea though , it sets a bad precedent / habit of giving your money to a free game.

Some people don't mind throwing some real dollars to a game that has given them 5+ years of enjoyment.

I get that, but for me, I dropped at least $200 on donuts before they became "free". I feel like that's more than enough "lifetime investment" that I don't feel bad if I fail to throw more money EA's way! :p
  • I don't like this Black Friday event. I guess I do understand the thing with the real money, but... aren't they asking too much?
    I am playing in Europe, the price of the Lard Lad factory is actually 25% of my monthly income.
    Those with lower income are exluded. Also, it's the end of the month. So thanks.

Keep your factory, EA.
  • Thanks everybody for your helpful comments. If anyone else wants to comment on is it worth it to spend real cash on Lard Lad Donut Factory and how to get free donuts without spending actual cash, please write! I'm still arguing with myself!
  • You would actually just be buying 900 donuts and getting the factory free.
    Do you need 900 donuts? Would you buy 900 donuts without the building?
    But. If you have a lot of items in the gold box, it is actually a great deal.
    You get 900 donuts, the items in the prize track, and many tokens to clean out the gold box.
    This deal is for new players not longtime players.
  • not a bad deal

I don’t suppose you know the footprint of these buildings? I’m thinking of spending out on the Factory and I want to make sure the empty squares I have is enough.

• Homer - Search for the Special Donut 8h permanent at the Factory
    Ned - Shop for a New Bible 4h permanent at monstromart
    pileup has no permanent job as its a deco
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Is it worth it? No. If EA tells you it’s a limited time deal for cash, they’ve now demonstrated they can’t be trusted (see Sven Golly for cash only deal followed by being offered for donuts in Black Friday). I’m betting EA will offer tne donut factory for donuts or IGC sooner rather than later.
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • 74hands wrote: »
    Is it worth it? No. If EA tells you it’s a limited time deal for cash, they’ve now demonstrated they can’t be trusted (see Sven Golly for cash only deal followed by being offered for donuts in Black Friday). I’m betting EA will offer tne donut factory for donuts or IGC sooner rather than later.

They offered up a 'limited' bonus character in a mystery box, sure, but it's unlikely that a donut-producing item would be offered up for anything other than real money.

The Sven Golly offer appealed to new and established players - though probably more the established players who have a large character inventory. The donut factory offer appeals more to new players looking for ways to build their donut production and benefit from gold mystery box tokens - established players tend to have a decent donut-generating capacity as well as a fair amount of gold mystery box content.
  • Sorry can someone post a pic of the lard lad factory before it is “won” or purchased? I got it but now that the event is complete I cannot see the original pic of how EA was asverstising it
    Thanks
  • i think this is what your looking for
    1-CEEF144-2-DD7-4-E95-9192-36-A92-E6-B4-BA2.png
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • @fastshadow2 if you click on the ? Mark. That one. Thanks for posting
  • Just wait till next year and it will be in a black friday box
  • arynz wrote: »
    Just wait till next year and it will be in a black friday box

Yeah, but; you'll lose 365 days of earning 6 Donuts. And, there is no certainty this item will be back again this time next year.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • You would actually just be buying 900 donuts and getting the factory free.
    Do you need 900 donuts? Would you buy 900 donuts without the building?
    But. If you have a lot of items in the gold box, it is actually a great deal.
    You get 900 donuts, the items in the prize track, and many tokens to clean out the gold box.
    This deal is for new players not longtime players.

Agreed, if I was a new player that had content in the gold mystery box and was in need of the donuts for the upcoming xmas event, this is actually a good deal. As a long time player, my gold mystery box is empty and I can generate donuts now.
  • @fastshadow2 if you click on the ? Mark. That one. Thanks for posting

5jIvxOU.png
  • I must say that I thought long and hard about the offer, but if has enabled me to gain about 40 plus new characters for my game and although I balked at the cost I've only been playing for about 6 months constantly and I'm not yet bored with it. It is so immersive for me. Add to this the fact that you gain 6 donuts a day and you could get a new character every fortnight if you work if right.
    I do admit for the long time player, it might not seem as good but I've enjoyed the Black Friday event so far.
    It's like being Homer in a Donut Shop 😃
  • I bought the factory, simply to have a safety net to fall back on, if for some reason, other methods of donut farming are made impossible.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.