EA Forums - Banner

Getting fed up :(

Yep, it can be frustrating if you don't want to spend a load of donuts speeding it up.

I've just managed to cram everything onto my boardwalk and I've got 16 tiles, but when the quest starts to build the next building, I'm going to have to store my Malaria Zone or Just Rainsticks to make room. I'll keep the Dutchman out coz I like the Captain's 8 hour task.

Replies

• HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited June 2013
    What isn't helping is that there are no quests in the main town either. I've got 28hrs to wait for tile 17. If they let Squidport run as a side story alongside the rest of the game that would be fine but as its the main focus........it's like the anti-whacking day that was too manic. This is the other extreme.
  • ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited June 2013
    What isn't helping is that there are no quests in the main town either. I've got 28hrs to wait for tile 17. If they let Squidport run as a side story alongside the rest of the game that would be fine but as its the main focus........it's like the anti-whacking day that was too manic. This is the other extreme.
    It does run alongside it, Squidport starts at Level 15 so you'll get the new quests in addition to the regular quest progression. It only seems slow for people already at Level 30.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited June 2013
    It does run alongside it, Squidport starts at Level 15 so you'll get the new quests in addition to the regular quest progression. It only seems slow for people already at Level 30.

That's true but most people who have been playing for a while are now at level 30 and are left with the option of just redecorating (tedious after a while) OR buying donuts (EAs preferred choice). They need to consider those of us who are idling.
  • vixoovee
    380 posts
    edited June 2013
    Yep, it's super boring. My Squidport looks so ugly. I'm also waiting for the 17th tile.

Also hate the long one day and a half task for Homer and Comic Book Guy after The Frying Dutchman ...

Although I'm at level 30 I still don't have all land ... I like one hour tasks to generate more money, I hate having them stuck in this task for so long !
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'd much rather they cut the time, maybe 24 max for later tiles, and increase the cost. At least for me, I bought all the land expansion, and all the $$ boardwalk pieces and I'm still back up to $5 mil in the bank (yes, have all the $1mil+ items). Half temped to ramp up XP buying/selling weather stations... But that is kinda boring.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited June 2013
    As I said in another thread... If EA wants to make this basically a year long event, that's fine. But the buildings should be more in synch with the tile generation so that you're not cramming everything onto the boardwalk.
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'll keep the Dutchman out coz I like the Captain's 8 hour task.

currently on the pig one where you send homer and someone else on a 1d12hr task, none of my characters have the 8 hour task after sending 20 to dutchman, am i missing something or does it happen later...
  • azchristopher
    239 posts
    edited June 2013
    HsueEEE wrote:
    I'll keep the Dutchman out coz I like the Captain's 8 hour task.

currently on the pig one where you send homer and someone else on a 1d12hr task, none of my characters have the 8 hour task after sending 20 to dutchman, am i missing something or does it happen later...

The Captain is the only one that has an 8 hour task for the Frying Dutman in his task list. The others just have it as a one time event.

Really that is my only issue with Squidport. I don't mind the time to build the tiles but I wish there were more tasks at Squidport outside of the quest line.
  • Gam_B1t
    37 posts
    edited June 2013
    Borrrrrrring.
    If the game was based on squishport noone would play.
    EA is just trying to make this time consuming.
    And I thought whacking snakes for over a month was bad.... This is worse.
    24 hr tile is bad enough but 36 hr tile is ridiculous.
  • Shockwave522
    9 posts
    edited June 2013
    It sucks but I have work and ps4/Xbox 360 to keep me busy :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.