EA Forums - Banner

Could we tell EA where we want new events to be positioned.

Reading some comments about space, land and where events are positioned, is it possible we could tell EA where we want them.

Granted, I know little about code, if I did I would be programming not playing.

It would mean everyone having a beacon that would all look the same, so might look out of place sometimes, e.g. radio mast, statue, tree, could be anything.

But you would position the beacon next to a join between plots where you wanted the corner of the event to be placed, and the beacon point would match up to the left hand corner of the 9 squares.

I am wanting the next event to be placed on land token plots, not igc, but that's 9 plots, would EA be that helpful?

No matter where EA places them, it will not please everyone, so why not let us choose.

I've just banged this text and picture out on the back of an envelope, so please excuse the scruffyness.

As you can see there are 3 places where an event could go as indicated in the example:

1/- On an external corner.
2/- Near an internal corner.
3/- On land token plots.
The last 4 plots at the top are land tokens the rest are $ for igc.

Just a thought!

Replies

• Just give us the tokens and more of them! :#
    I now have a weird bit of land that sticks out with no ability to get the land around it. :angry:
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • And open more land in Springfield Heights already its been forever since the last time you did.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)
  • spyder1952850
    831 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The events are centered on a special building, specific to the event. The default center is the Simpson’s house. The THoH was centered on the digging site. These are all movable. If you want the event somewhere other than where the game wants it, move it.
    In my secondary town I moved the dig site to the lowest point on the left side, where I had cleared out a spot for it. In this last mini event, as buildings came available. I put the as close to the Simpson’s house as I could.
  • @spyder1952850 Maybe I read it wrong, I think he means the plot of land they have been giving us, not the event itself.

Also I'm with @0Brooders0 just give us the tokens and let us sort it out. Thats a win win.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Oh I see what you are saying.
  • No, @daved7637397, you did indeed hit the nail right on the head.

I agree with @0Brooders0 as well, but I think it is wishful thinking that EA will do that.

I noticed on the I&SL and since the event has always been placed at the top of my land next to the mountains on igc tiles by default.
    But since THOH I bought all remaining tiles next to the mountains and some of LT tiles as well.

Where will they place Christmas in my Springfield?

Up into LT tiles, which I really need help with?
    Or,
    Down and across on igc, which I can buy, but it will take time?

Will EA place it up top and be effectively giving me 9 free LT tiles instead of igc ones?

Is the default the same for everyone and is it placed where everyone wants it?

Otherwise it could shape towns how players don't want it done.
  • Well, it encourages you to spend money on buying the land tokens around it to turn the city into a perfect square, doesn't it? So, ain't gonna happen.
  • V8URIcg.png
    If you have all the land next to the mountains you will get the spots marked E. Otherwise you will get spots next to the mountains that you still have unpurchased.
  • Thanks @frosted1414 ... yeah it's that weird E land I was trying to explain I have.
    Very annoying as it messes with my perfect square :#
    If they do it again I'm going to end up with a strip of land going no where...
  • wbxl5f.jpg

Very annoying :#
  • KLmaker
    396 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    V8URIcg.png
    If you have all the land next to the mountains you will get the spots marked E. Otherwise you will get spots next to the mountains that you still have unpurchased.

I saw the E land on Simpson Wiki, didn't post anything because it says not to post on forum, and because I bought 1 row of LT tiles hoping to open up E tiles.
    But I don't have them, I assumed they were being released at a later date.

SH looks like it's sulking in the corner.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    V8URIcg.png

I saw the E land on Simpson Wiki, didn't post anything because it says not to post on forum, and because I bought 1 row of LT tiles hoping to open up E tiles.

I got given the E land with the zoo update. Much to my dismay. :/
  • daved7637397
    7228 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    wbxl5f.jpg

OCD isn't any fun, is it? :D :D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    wbxl5f.jpg

It does look weird.
    wbxl5f.jpg

This drives me nuts! :# :# :#
    So I stuck Christmas up there :D
    wbxl5f.jpg

Ooh, that sounded bad :o :# :D
    wbxl5f.jpg

This is what I do to puns at Christmas:

KA-CHACK *BLAM*

(jk)
  • I would personally love more springfield heights space my north pole is there shared with my rio town and paris areas. Gonna hafta move rio further south for xmas and maybe place london there since its not as big however i love having london by the “ river “ ugh anyway i would be happy with more tokens as well. I used to be crazy about crafting multiple items during events but now im one and done since space is getting pretty scarce. Actually my haunted forest/ national park area is looking like it might get chopped for more space which i really dont want to do i wish we could buy land tomens with donuts but ah well ill just add it to my list for santa.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    V8URIcg.png

SH looks like it's sulking in the corner.

You can not buy the E land. It is given for free at the start of major events if you have already purchased all the land next to the mountains.