EA Forums - Banner

What have you done to free up space?

Earlier this year I re-designed my town and carved out huge blocks of land in my Halloween and Christmas areas. I wanted to be prepared for these two events. I ended up using the land they gave us with the free tokens as my SFH area (for the extra bonus). However, after this Xmas event, I'm def going to feel the effect that other players have come across. What are some of the things you've done to free up space? What kinds of items ended up going into storage :/

Replies

• I scaled back heavily on items that don't easily 'fit' the style of a regular town: Sci-Fi, Pagan, Outlands, Time Travel.

I've still got a few cash tiles available, but when space gets more scarce I'll scale back on this year's Halloween items too.
  • I eliminated as much roadway as I could. Now I can place buildings wherever I want, not where the roads make me. I have eliminated as many non-productive items as possible.
  • I scaled back heavily on items that don't easily 'fit' the style of a regular town: Sci-Fi, Pagan, Outlands, Time Travel.

I've still got a few cash tiles available, but when space gets more scarce I'll scale back on this year's Halloween items too.

I had some random dinosaur stuff that didnt fit anywhere. I ended up putting it in my KL area. i'm thinking of scaling that way back now :/ KL tickets don't do much, unless i convert a bunch to exchange it for cash.
  • Once I finally decided to quit caring about bonus % or cash generation and only focus on the things that I truly enjoy having in my town this game became a lot more fun for me – and I have a tons of free space to keep growing at my own pace. I know this is easier to do for us longer players than newer ones but it’s something to think about.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I keep my % at 3000%. I try to buy items with a bigger % (ex whale @ 7%) and replace multiple smaller % items with it (ex flags @ 0.25%) 1 whale = 28 flags so it will save 27 items overall
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.