EA Forums - Banner

What DON’T you like about Christmas 2018? Only complaining please....

Replies

• roman65 wrote: »
    Land tokens....the lack thereof.

Huh? How is 14 land tokens in one event "the lack thereof"?

My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • beastlymm wrote: »
    roman65 wrote: »

Bup bup bup... there’s no criticism of others posts in this thread, thank you.

No criticism. Just a question.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • roman65 wrote: »

I guess I missed something, where is it posted how many and when we get them?

• johncolombo
    11634 posts Senior Moderator

I guess I missed something, where is it posted how many and when we get them?

only on the forum not in the game oddly.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Ok I’ll complain. The download time was ridiculous. I miss the festive feel of earlier Christmas events, the music the interactions. The excitement of finding presents from neighbors. I’m perplexed by why they don’t do these things every year. But they did the Pegan awful, most heinous of all events, so I don’t really have any expectations anymore. But I love the prizes and I love that they did Christmas and the snow.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • johncolombo
    11634 posts Senior Moderator
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Ok I’ll complain. The download time was ridiculous. I miss the festive feel of earlier Christmas events, the music the interactions. The excitement of finding presents from neighbors. I’m perplexed by why they don’t do these things every year. But they did the Pegan awful, most heinous of all events, so I don’t really have any expectations anymore. But I love the prizes and I love that they did Christmas and the snow.

I liked Pegan. It's the roots of Christmas. I found it clever. This year I don't know.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Doppelgangers should be separate characters. An alternate version of a character is not and should not be a costume. With only a few exceptions, skins are costumes. Angel Lisa should've been a costume. I'm still perplexed as to why Tapped Out made Mrs. Glick's superhero alter ego a separate character instead of a skin. It should have been a character and a skin, especially for the price they charged.

Let’s hope that when they do add Mrs. Glick, the Hot Flash will become a skin for her and not separate characters
  • Sure, it's not hard (easter!) or a grind, but it's not FUN. If it weren't for the snow and all the crap I got in previous events, I wouldn't even know it was Christmas. It's just a mini-event with some Christmas dialog and vaguely Christmasy prizes thrown in.
  • Not all 'skins' are doppelgangers, not all doppelgangers are skins. It irritates me.

Also, it looks like I'll have to save the Nuke I was planning for sometime in spring. I really don't want to have to do more than one.
  • I feel so bad for everyone. This is really hard for you. Gosh.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I'm so mad I've flipped over all of the tables in my house. Now I'm going round to the neighbors to flip theirs over too!
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    I feel so bad for everyone. This is really hard for you. Gosh.

Oh Blunt, we all feel so bad for you. Unable to understand the simple rules of the thread, the lack of self control, and especially the deep need to insult people because they don’t express themselves the way you demand.
    It’s a hard world you live in. Gosh. 🥺
  • I'm going to go item by item to complain :)

3 chestnut stalls? One would have been more than enough (instantly stored)
    Carousel - enormous and bad animation framerate? Can't wait to store.
    Angel Lisa is a separate character because.....?
    4 stalls....four! Four festive stalls that will be stored instantly.
    The stage...... :/ We have so many outdoor 'arena' type stages aready. Store store store!
  • Premium item-by-item complaint!

Yarn Barn? Is that supposed to be Mrs Burns because she should be like 100 at least.
    Cirque du Puree isn't exactly the most festive thing I've [never] seen in the Simpsons. Cheap parody for 150 donuts? Pass.
    Circus of values? Oh this is actually a great item can't wait to purch-....why is it enormous? Pass.
    The screens? The whats?
    The Peak Inn "as featured in Season 25..." HARD PASS.
    Could the stable be any more boring? We have farm houses a plenty.
    Hot Roasted Chestnuts Cart - just in case the three you had to have from the first task weren't enough...
    The bundles....I can'r even be bothered. Who cares
    Winter Mystery Box: Want to spend 60 donuts for a 1 in 14 chance of a good item? NOPE.
  • I dont like being told where to complain. That's my complaint.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • sjsebayacc131
    2074 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    beastlymm wrote: »
    You are now entering a complaining zone. Please keep all criticism and insults of other players in the car at all times. Feel free to share things you DONT like about this event. We appreciate your cooperation and have a nice day...
    -Editors Note-
    While I do have positive things to say about the event I noticed a disparity in treatment between those who did, and didn’t, like the event. The people who pointed out things they didn’t like were frequently criticized, and for what? Having a different point of view? So, my gentle friend, relax, kick off your shoes and be at ease to to say politely what you don’t like about this event.

I really miss the Christmas-type music, the cheery jingle of sleigh bells, etc., that makes entering the game more welcoming and immersive.

th?id=OIP.U6_fji76AAeF1tkBmZfUvQHaEh&pid=Api&w=648&h=396&rs=1&p=0
    :D

The worst thing about the update is the incessant whining about a free game. For me, it's not someone venting, it's the marathon rants about something that is FREE. Free. free....

"This free bag of diamonds is too heavy. I'm too attractive. Stop holding me down, I can't breathe under water...."
  • I like that it’s different that the other events, but it feels like there’s not a whole lot to do. I wish there was more to the narrative or more interaction.
  • The lack of 'bonus zone' means that side of my town is still lopsided. I want to move things across so they line up.

That's all i've got. It's fine. I'm busy most of this month. Timing worked out well.
  • I would have liked more Christmas/Winter fencing so I can add the items to my Christmas Scene and match the fencing. The gap between the event prize isn't even, so I can't put a path evenly between them.
  • A nice prize for those of us who already have (nearly) everything and therefore don’t benefit from event prize boxes would be very nice...so perhaps a way to complete character & npc sets and skins. I want the turkey (from 2013...I began playing in 2014) and the cooling towers candy cane facade.