EA Forums - Banner

Too much frustration to keep playing?

Prev1
First of all, thank you to everyone who commiserated with me regarding the continuous game crashing in my visiting neighbors thread. But for the last several days, I'm getting Barted more than I can handle. I can't design my town, I can't visit neighbors, I can't collect rents and I can't switch screens easily (from town to inventory and back) without crashing. This is a game I've been playing every day for years, but I think the writing might be on the wall.

Has anyone else been so frustrated by poor performance that they've put the game aside?

2eiPMa4.jpg
You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

• If you leave, you will be sorely missed. The Bart screen problem will, at least temporarily, be fixed. I’ve been experimenting with removing the always animated items, to see if too much animation was the problem. I can’t tell for sure yet, but somethings help. As for visiting neighbors, it seems to vary, the smaller the town, the less problems.
    If you do leave, then “thanks for all the fish!”
  • I, like some others, have been playing with the dreaded "roll back glitch" (as named by players here) AKA the "idle character button issue" (as named by EA support).

There are so many things I'll never be able to do in game ever again (monorail building, character finder, golden tower, etc. etc.). EA has no plans to fix, and they won't even attempt. Only a rollback (in my case over 9 months of work) or a "template town" which won't have my stuff.

My point is that if I am still playing even when suffering through all of that, a little disconnecting bug won't deter me.

By the way, I'm on Android, and after force killing the game, and clearing the cache, I haven't had a disconnect or "Bart Screen" yet again. Give it a shot.

• If you leave, you will be sorely missed. The Bart screen problem will, at least temporarily, be fixed. I’ve been experimenting with removing the always animated items, to see if too much animation was the problem. I can’t tell for sure yet, but somethings help. As for visiting neighbors, it seems to vary, the smaller the town, the less problems.
    If you do leave, then “thanks for all the fish!”

@spyder1952850 You're sweet, thanks for making me feel better ;)
  • @Lobes06 You have far more dedication than I, kudos to you :) It's a great attitude to have ;)
  • The Bart screen problem will likely be fixed. I'm guessing it's a hardware problem and will eventually be addressed.

During this time, I'm holding off on farming. But i expect to return to my routine soon enough.

But hey, it's just a game to waste time. Use it for that when it's fun. Step away when it's not. Don't place too much weight on it. I know it's easy to forget this isn't a required daily task.

I play sudoku or Yahtzee, or another very basic game like that, when I'm frustrated with this one. The simplicity is nice change of pace. Maybe try that.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I didn't bother checking in yesterday because of this. I also haven't been on today, not sure if I will. This really takes the fun out of playing.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    The Bart screen problem will likely be fixed. I'm guessing it's a hardware problem and will eventually be addressed.

During this time, I'm holding off on farming. But i expect to return to my routine soon enough.

But hey, it's just a game to waste time. Use it for that when it's fun. Step away when it's not. Don't place too much weight on it. I know it's easy to forget this isn't a required daily task.

I play sudoku or Yahtzee, or another very basic game like that, when I'm frustrated with this one. The simplicity is nice change of pace. Maybe try that.

Great perspective @4junk3000 .. thanks for sharing it ;) I will probably need to walk away from it for a period of time because with so many Bart screens, it's losing it's fun value for me.
  • ramrod130 wrote: »
    I didn't bother checking in yesterday because of this. I also haven't been on today, not sure if I will. This really takes the fun out of playing.

Yes.. I agree. It's not any fun like this :(
  • It was pretty bad yesterday but I've only had one Bart screen today and that was hours ago.
  • Having played since the beginning........... There are points when it used to be that screen for days- weeks.... I lived through that uncertain time..... these little interruptions are Nothing... lol
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Today I did around 10 rounds of 20rtts and didn't get the bart screen once! I think they fixed it.
  • Not totally fixed yet. Its better by far, but still bart screening after a uncertain period of rtt.
  • It will soon be fixed. Hang in there.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Just finished a round of visits without interruptions, let's hope the issue is taken care of
  • My biggest annoyance about it is that even when I only do 10 blood mobiles it was still bouncing me out and I would lose a couple of rounds of bonuts.
    Although I am cheered by he fact that I'm not the only one suffering and it will be hopefully rectified soon.
  • Yes the Rat trap trucks are not working for me too. Can only play a few rounds of bonus level ups and then Bart screen appears.
  • I cleared the cache on my phone and i havent gotten a bart screen since. claimed 162 KEM's this morning with out a hiccup.
  • Doughal
    202 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    I play Yahtzee when I'm frustrated with this one. The simplicity is nice change of pace. Maybe try that.

1984 called. They want their game reference back. :lol:

• If it's any consolation, in Malaysia yesterday and the weekend were very frustrating; things have been ok since lunch today here, so maybe those 12 hours behind will see an improvement soon!
  • I haven't had a Bart screen in over 24hrs now.