EA Forums - Banner

My Springfield Needs a Drug Store (pharmacy/chemist's) -- What Type of Building Does Yours Need?

Prev13
We've been given a zillion diners/coffee shops, hotels, theaters/stages, and even castles, but I can't believe we haven't been given any kind of retail drug store yet (like Springfield's version of CVS or Rite Aid, for those of you in the U.S.)! (The Springfield Heights pharmaceutical building doesn't count....that's not retail.) Where are folks supposed to buy aspirin for their hangovers after going to all of those bars we have, or antacids, after going to all of those different Lard Lads and diners?

What kind of building (not necessarily a specific building from the show) does your Springfield need in order to better serve its residents?

Replies

• More houses that are different colours.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • We have Oedipus RX pharmacy.
  • We do have one drug store — Oedipus RX, a mom and son pharmacy.

I’d like a nursery school/preschool. There must not be any working moms in Springfield! Closest thing is the baby sitting service.
  • shawn59736 wrote: »
    We have Oedipus RX pharmacy.
    I was just about to post the same thing.
    xl0kt70sw7xv.png

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • We've been given a zillion diners/coffee shops, hotels, theaters/stages, and even castles, but I can't believe we haven't been given any kind of retail drug store yet (like Springfield's version of CVS or Rite Aid, for those of you in the U.S.)! (The Springfield Heights pharmaceutical building doesn't count....that's not retail.) Where are folks supposed to buy aspirin for their hangovers after going to all of those bars we have, or antacids, after going to all of those different Lard Lads and diners?

What kind of building (not necessarily a specific building from the show) does your Springfield need in order to better serve its residents?

i thought for sure you'd mention the need for dispensaries.... :grin:
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Muhsterino
    3860 posts Member
    edited January 5
    We do have one drug store — Oedipus RX, a mom and son pharmacy.

I’d like a nursery school/preschool. There must not be any working moms in Springfield! Closest thing is the baby sitting service.
    Ayn Rand school for tots?
    sqpaadxxqasq.png

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    We do have one drug store — Oedipus RX, a mom and son pharmacy.

Ayn Rand school for tots?
    sqpaadxxqasq.png

True true. And I’ve got that out. But I guess I’m wishing for something that screams daycare. I don’t know why. Maybe cuz there’s one on every block in my area! This is just a wishlist, right?!
  • daved7637397
    7114 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Since we have a bordello, I'd say a crackhouse would round out the town nicely.

I wouldn't mind another pharmacy or two. Another pet store wouldnt be bad either.

Also, @bluestem2722 dont forget rubber buggy bumper baby sitting service (hope I got all that, and in the correct order :D )
    Post edited by daved7637397 on
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • frosted1414
    1874 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Nevermind
  • Rubber Baby Bugger Bumpers Babysitting Service...……….
  • shabu922 wrote: »
    Rubber Baby Bugger Bumpers Babysitting Service...……….

Only forgot 1 baby. Not too bad. Just dont rell my wife. She has an odd attachment to our kids ;) :o :D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6037 posts Moderator
    edited January 5
    My Springfield needs the Springfield Swap Meet & Navy Reserve Center so it can bring Just Stamp the Ticket Guy with them.

latest?cb=20130528153540
    800px-Springfield_Swap_Meet.png
    latest?cb=20101016133130
  • (quote)But I guess I’m wishing for something that screams daycare. I don’t know why. [/quote]
    Stonecutters daycare center?

• shawn59736 wrote: »
    We have Oedipus RX pharmacy.

D'oh! Totally forgot about that, and I do have it. I feel better now. :)

• tapebelt wrote: »

i thought for sure you'd mention the need for dispensaries.... :grin:

Lol! I've been using Stoner's Pot Palace for that....they're even growing some "product" out back. (Yes, I know the joke is supposed to be that they really sell pottery, but you have to look at it really zoomed in to notice that.)

• We finally got the toy store I requested but there are still things Springfield doesn't have yet:
    - A military base
    - A college/university
    - (for many, but not all) A fire station
    - A real golf course (not put-put or a single hole pretending to be a course)
    - A funeral home
    - An auto dealership
  • I created a Springfield College campus (kind of a small community college) in my town.....I thought there would be some kind of university-themed event, but when we got Gary, et. al. from the episode in which Homer goes to college, it started to seem less likely that we'd get that event.

f4ymge7y35bv.jpeg
  • Oh, and we did get one auto dealership...

6etk1gkscbfq.png
  • Oh, and we did get one auto dealership...

6etk1gkscbfq.png

Powell Motors isn't an auto lot. It's a corporate HQ.
  • We finally got the toy store I requested but there are still things Springfield doesn't have yet:
    (snip)
    - A real golf course (not put-put or a single hole pretending to be a course)
    - A funeral home

I do like those ideas, though!
    (Although I worry that a "real" golf course could eat up a lot of land...)