EA Forums - Banner

Land Token Ahoy

Replies

• Chuck E Cheese used to make you use Tokens to play the video games. Now we have token hires, and land tokens, and this building that takes care of that land problem with only a token effort. It feels like a mafia thing. Q-bert was perhaps the last pure video game character.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    So for those that have sped through it and kept one land un bought. Does it keep producing land tokens? Or did it stop and only produce the amount you needed (i.e. i have 150 land parcels to buy, it will only produce 150 land tokens)?

Yes it does. I have 1 plot which I haven't purchased with a token and my goose gave me a token this morning and another on the way.

I recommend no one buys all the land and leaves 1 plot left to purchase. Otherwise the goose changes to in game cash and who needs that!

might as well leave the last piece of water unpurchased.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    So for those that have sped through it and kept one land un bought. Does it keep producing land tokens? Or did it stop and only produce the amount you needed (i.e. i have 150 land parcels to buy, it will only produce 150 land tokens)?

Yes it does. I have 1 plot which I haven't purchased with a token and my goose gave me a token this morning and another on the way.

I recommend no one buys all the land and leaves 1 plot left to purchase. Otherwise the goose changes to in game cash and who needs that!

Then where would all my whales swim? ;)
    www.tapped-out.co.uk
  • Not sure how anyone could get the max benefit from this:

If you need to leave 1 land square not purchased, then you just keep accumulating land tokens.

So when do you decide enough is enough and buy the last land square, so you can trade in for donuts? You could do it in a year, 2 years, months, 2020....and once you do it that is it. So when do you buy the last land piece for best results?

Best results would be at the end of the life of the game, which no one knows.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    empathy77 wrote: »

Nuke em. :joy:
  • hatchet669
    724 posts Member
    edited January 10
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone could get the max benefit from this:

If you need to leave 1 land square not purchased, then you just keep accumulating land tokens.

So when do you decide enough is enough and buy the last land square, so you can trade in for donuts? You could do it in a year, 2 years, months, 2020....and once you do it that is it. So when do you buy the last land piece for best results?

I would just always leave the last one there never to be bought. That way when/if EA releases more land i will already have enough land tokens to buy all the new land.

ETA: by the time you buy every single piece of land, chances are the donuts arn't gunna matter to you as much anymore as you will likely have plenty.
  • I was a little annoyed that they were trying to make us use land tokens on water. What about water or sea tokens? Now I have a very good reason for not spending land tokens on water. :)
  • Waiting for someone to cry, "hey there's a smart counter on this thing that knows when to stop giving you tokens even if you have unpurchased land!"
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone could get the max benefit from this:

I would just always leave the last one there never to be bought. That way when/if EA releases more land i will already have enough land tokens to buy all the new land.

ETA: by the time you buy every single piece of land, chances are the donuts arn't gunna matter to you as much anymore as you will likely have plenty.

Yes this is my thinking too. Save up plenty of land tokens and then use them to instabuy any new strips of land that EA release.

I wonder if that plot of unreleased land in the corner that we can't yet buy is for the next event and EA will open it up as they have for some of the previous events.
  • Waiting for someone to cry, "hey there's a smart counter on this thing that knows when to stop giving you tokens even if you have unpurchased land!"

I already asked that and someone posted that they have one land left yo buy and its still producing tokens. :)
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    empathy77 wrote: »

Nuke em. :joy:

Gotta nuke something.
  • Just to clarify- a water square counts?

I have 4 water squares still unlocked (and plenty of land) but would like to use all my land if possible
  • empathy77 wrote: »

Well that's my plan. I have a half dozen unpurchased water squares because i can't produce anymore boardwalk tiles. They'll be for sale forever now!
  • fastshadow2
    5183 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Just to clarify- a water square counts?

I have 4 water squares still unlocked (and plenty of land) but would like to use all my land if possible
    yes, as 1 land token per plot of ocean
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Theoretically, if I need 100 tokens to unlock the land I have left and I don’t unlock them until I’ve accumulated say 140, will those extra 40 remain available to purchase land that’s opened up in the future if I choose not to exchange them for donuts? Hopefully that makes sense lol
  • Theoretically, if I need 100 tokens to unlock the land I have left and I don’t unlock them until I’ve accumulated say 140, will those extra 40 remain available to purchase land that’s opened up in the future if I choose not to exchange them for donuts? Hopefully that makes sense lol

that's the idea, especially for those of us that don't need the donut exchange feature. gonna hoard hundreds of the tokens... because with ea, you never know.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Watch they eliminate land tokens and change the next land expansion to golden donuts or something.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    Watch they eliminate land tokens and change the next land expansion to golden donuts or something.

OMG don't give them ideas!!!
  • fastshadow2
    5183 posts Member
    edited January 11
    good with tokens as long as we have some land to work with
    i’m nervous using land, was happy with the kl land expansion but that filled up quickly didn’t it?
    ha! took me 2 events 😂
  • maybe 3