EA Forums - Banner

🤔❄️INSTANT⚠️THAW❄️🤔

ZennGlenn
1642 posts Member
edited January 9
😵❄️!?!?!?INSTANT THAW!?!?!?❄️😵
dmToDSH.jpg

😤IT'S NOT EVEN FRIGGIN MID❄️WINTER❄️WHICH BEGAN 12/21...
(aside from Oz)🌏

IpxcSOG.jpg
See the 'end' of the lovely long Winter path? ...It's actually a nice marathon stroll along the 'unrushed' 10 weeks remaining☝️✨

SO, I SHARE MY ANNUAL😏DISAPPROVAL😏RANT (as expressed in other recent & old threads), NOTING DESIRE FOR SNOW THRU ACTUAL WINTER... Taking full creative advantage of many OPPORTUNITIES of mini events thru Valentines & Saint Pats for sleet & rain, culminating w/ a glorious canon
🌀'HURRICANE EVENT'🌀, for PROPER SEASONAL TRANSITION!!!😉

wW9Dwvy.jpg

... As I've noted for 6 years both here & directly to EA... EA... EA.... (Echo- Echo- Echo)🔊📢🔊

....The most ideal scenario, riding a nice TRANSITION b/w SEASONS is:
▪️3-6 week mini event/s retaining Winter, as done last year thru at least end of Jan, or better yet Valentines...
▪️Next event St Pat's, still w/in Winter phase for ideal opportunity w/ a canon super event:

🎼'The🌀Huuurricaaane'🎼🙃
fwnBwLy.jpg
...opportunity for new f/x w/ ❄️snow, 🌨️sleet, & then ⛈️rain for realistic 🌫️🌈seasonal transitions! 🌈🌫️
ydhfPoa.jpg
Magnificent🤪mayhem ensues
VeL38Fj.jpg
...w/Hurricane & flood festivities for town clean-up / rebuild tasks, incl visiting neiboreenos for help not utilized in quite a while😉
1NWAteH.jpg

...Sooo, try to explain logic of the 'Instant Thaw' to these fine folks...
RGptab2.jpg
Anyhow, I optimistically assume ITEM LIMIT limit upgrades will also continue for actual utilization of additional gracious space😏

vQjoRj5.jpg
Post edited by ZennGlenn on

Replies

• I’m peed off cos I wanted the snow to stay a bit longer.
  • Global warming is REAL!
  • Global warming is REAL!

Yep. Blame climate change.
  • ZennGlenn
    1642 posts Member
    edited January 9
    😏Thank you for sharing my pain...
    CrFrP59.jpg
    Frankly putting my mood mildly...eadl3fu.jpg
    ...Going on friggin 6 years now, having sincerely enjoyed this funky game & expressed many creative concerns, essentially all of which have indeed actually been addressed, from minor technical fixes, to event & character suggestions...👌
    Most appreciated was 2 years ago w/ implementation of Fall season transition during Clash of Clones event, getting colored trees w/ windy falling leaves... was really quite cool
    😎

After multiple annual phone conversations w/several reps & End Game Support, esp during tech glitch resolutions, all were receptive & impressed to kindly pass along the same creative input shared here👍

Finally last Jan'18 it appeared there was progress w/extending Winter thru the end of the month, up to Valentines if I recall...😏
    Only nooow, to have everything seemingly completely ignored & backtracked to this ridiculous early Winter removal just seems like a friggin insult to one's intellect, & appreciation of solid satire in logic, science / meterology, & politics...
    fGhSWnX.jpg

😡Almost quite terribly Trumpy!!!😡😏
    2lIblgX.jpg
    It's really just silly, esp w/all the fine creative implementation of tech in animations, audio, & video, etc... & Esp after solid immediate progress w/ the Land Token issue, & having several Spring & Summer advance worthwhile conversations on Seasonal Transitions, I was sincerely expecting to see Winter at least extended to St Pat's, w/ maybe some rain & storm audio🤔

😤EA!!! WINTER DOES NOT END UNTIL EARLY APRIL, & OFFICIALLY 3/21!!!🙄
    It really could at the very least be continued thru Valentines...
    I really feel like I'm channeling Lisa Simpson here in the insane asylum where logic is flying thru deaf, mute, drunk or radiated ears...
    iUfxok1.jpg

🚨Paging Prof. Frink or Farnsworth🚨
    vhqyZuZ.jpg

Alllllllrightythen!

😅...Enough venting & onward to at least enjoy the 'lovely green' Land Token bonanza 😏☯️😎
    Post edited by ZennGlenn on
  • "WINTER DOES NOT END UNTIL EARLY APRIL"

... in what part of the planet, Siberia? I live in California. Winter weather used to typically start around mid-October in my neighborhood and cease around the end of February. I've never understood why the solstice is considered the start of winter anyways ... it's clearly the MIDDLE of winter. Based on evidence and direct observation, In the temperate zones every solstice and equinox are obviously the mid-points of the applicable seasons, not the start of the seasons.
  • ZennGlenn
    1642 posts Member
    edited January 9
    BP: Sounds like you are Northern CA...

My perspective is from Coastal 😎SOCAL / funky Hollyweird, where it remains pleasant, w/summer temps literally right up til Dec 1st, which typically right on cue becomes quite cool 55-65 days / 40-45 nights, & either bone dry desert style, w/chilling winds as we've had this year, or w/combo of heavier rain...
    So, 12/21 Solstice is 3 weeks into our 'season', while the majority of the central & northern US & Euro-Asian regions Winter weather may begin mid Oct as you noted😏

Anyhow, we had a couple small rain & very dry wind storms, & then more regular rainy season began this month, w/much nicer humidity, which goes thru til April, w/average 60-65, some warming trends & a few mini heat waves...
    'Real Winter' w/full on snow exists just 40 miles N / NE of LA in the mountains & canyon country, as w/ central & N Calif, along w/ the entire mid to NE regions of the US, as can easily be seen viewing The Weather Channel & their website, or any Int'l newsite that shares world weather forecasts👌

So, that all said, actually nitpicking about this groovy game, my worthwhile dilemma stems from desire for more accurate enjoyment of weather graphics, w/tech f/x likely available, that I find uniquely enhances things & should indeed cont at very least til end of Feb, w/rain arriving for StPats😉

... in what part of the planet, Siberia? I live in California. Winter weather used to typically start around mid-October in my neighborhood and cease around the end of February. I've never understood why the solstice is considered the start of winter anyways ... it's clearly the MIDDLE of winter. Based on evidence and direct observation, In the temperate zones every solstice and equinox are obviously the mid-points of the applicable seasons, not the start of the seasons.

Yes, traditionally solstices were comsidered the middle of the seasons, hence the song “In the Deep Midwinter” and the play “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

I’ve often wondered why spring and fall were considered seasons equal in length to summer and winter, when they are clearly shorter transitional seasons.

Yes, traditionally solstices were comsidered the middle of the seasons, hence the song “In the Deep Midwinter” and the play “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

I’ve often wondered why spring and fall were considered seasons equal in length to summer and winter, when they are clearly shorter transitional seasons.

I recently visited Australia which of course is experiencing the heat of summer right now. In my part of SoCal “spring” occurs whenever we get enough rain to let seeds germinate, typically (but not reliably) in January to February.
  • Felt like i just had all 4 seasons happen this past weekend in Chicago.
  • ZennGlenn
    1642 posts Member
    edited January 10
    All interesting insights, & yeah, it's more of a balmy Winter here in SoCal & we'll see some new buds on trees in a week or two...

But the validity clearly remains, the enjoyment of Winter f/x really was definitely cut far too short... & w/no transition of any sort, it's just sincerely lame that it hasn't been implemented by now😤

It's Winter & basically it goes thru March... 🤬SMH🤬

vAdj6ye.jpg
  • I wish the snow stayed on the ground longer too. We still have 3 months of winter!

A hurricane event would be awesome.
  • The green looks sooo nice, being as how we're in the midst of $#&'"5 blizzard.
  • 200% agree OP. And as I said in the past a actual "weather switch" or second 'plunger" to enable snow on and off year round would save it for us. We'd be able to keep the snow for those of us that love it. And you're right its WINTER STILL last I checked but for some reason they always take it away, never made sense to me either. And I will probably never get over it. Rain effect would be great, if they are going to continue to get rid of snow during winter they may as well add rainthen. Which is a weather effect they haven't added yet, we've had "wind" or the sound effect of wind with the blowing leaves. Rain would be great.

Like perhaps a rain storn?
    5c1d5ae471f42.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C789
    ~Always be Designing~
  • ☯️😎Thank goodness for additional logical minds chiming in... EA feel free to take immediate action & correct your obvious error😎☯️
    icfxLPc.jpg
  • Enjoying funky Friday game play, yet bumping while still highly relevant👌
    K2RjJVd.jpg