EA Forums - Banner

How many land tiles do you still need?

I still need 71 tiles before I acquire all land available. With the help of Golden Goose Realty I’ve been able to fill some annoying holes in my landscape. That is a great feeling! Thanks EA! I’m sure many have already completed all land available, but how many of you are still working on this? My priority was to try and get rid of irregularities in the shape of my landscape. What annoyances has everyone else been able fix?
"We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.

Replies

• None, besides the 1 I didn't buy, and I have 2 land tokens currently
  • Khozplay
    18 posts Member
    edited January 13
    76. I usually collect 1-2 from golden goose and buy 5 more per day since that's about where my donut income is. Shouldn't take too long and it's a nice daily reward for myself.

• There should be as much Land Tiles, that the Heights finally go to the same length size as the rest of Springfield.
  • sealley123 wrote: »
    I still need 71 tiles before I acquire all land available. With the help of Golden Goose Realty I’ve been able to fill some annoying holes in my landscape. That is a great feeling! Thanks EA! I’m sure many have already completed all land available, but how many of you are still working on this? My priority was to try and get rid of irregularities in the shape of my landscape. What annoyances has everyone else been able fix?

I agree, I'm so happy they were able to address the land token issue. In their own way :) I'm going the same thing. I'm trying to square off the uneven areas and then will continue to farm land tokens so I can keep things relatively square! I'm just relieved that they released his before the next major event. I would've been screwed otherwise.
  • jaythecanadian
    599 posts Member
    edited January 14
    For the mainland....

I only need to get 266 land tokens, although, I don't need to open up the land in my halloween and Christmas area as I would open some of them when those events comes.

For the ocean, only need 6 but don't need to unlock those ones as I got a lot of ocean opened up and lots of space to place anything that can go on the ocean or only goes on the ocean...will leave those ones untouched.

Post edited by jaythecanadian on
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • I haven't bothered to count, but it's a lot.
  • I also haven't counted but I think it's like 80 or so. I'm glad they gave us this. The name is almost sinister. We know how that story goes so let's not make the same mistake.

I was hoping for another strip of land perpendicular to the shoreline though. I want my KL in the lower right as drawn in one map I saw by MG. One more strip would help w that
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    The name is almost sinister. We know how that story goes so let's not make the same mistake

I’m like you. I wondered if the name of the Realty building carried some sort of warning not to be greedy. I think I will save at least an extra unfinished land tile as some are doing.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • I don't have all the land and I don't need it at the moment. Does the building then generate infinite land tokens?
  • jaythecanadian
    599 posts Member
    edited January 14
    You don't have to unlock all the land right away....you can build them up and hold on to them until you need to unlock some when you start to run out of room in your town.

The building would still generate a land token when you unlocked most of land eventually but don't forget to save a few squares (when you almost at the end of unlocking lands) so that the building would still generate. The building is a must have.

Just so you know, your not being forced to unlock all land....just when you need to.

Don't forget that once you purchased all land by cash, you can only rely on land tokens after that.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Just got it..Thanks for the info.
    One tile every 12 hours.
  • I just counted... 258, not including ocean or beach tiles. In addition to the couple dozen purchased tiles that don't have anything placed on them yet, that's a load of space to play with.

It definitely changes the approach to town design now... it's tempting to move some areas to the outer tiles (Springfield Gorge, Wild West, Outlands etc.)