EA Forums - Banner

3 mini events in a row...

Is anyone else getting really, really, REALLY bored with the game? I've barely logged in and have already finished this event. There is nothing to do in these mini events. And yes, there has been more dialogue which is fun, but still not enough. Other than sending my people to recycle for donuts (not a farmer and freemium, so I recycle) I don't even bother to task my townsfolk or collect money from the buildings unless I have a daily challenge for donuts requiring me to.

I really hope the next event will be more fun to play.
"Not my Shmoo!"

Replies

• I miss crafting and at least that gave me something to do other than logging in every 4 hours.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I've been enjoying the recent content as of late especially the Christmas event. I was never a fan of crafting so I haven't been missing that at all.

EDIT: I think the next event will be a major event.
    Post edited by stingray1122 on
  • It would be nice to see a proper event next, but I guess mini-events are all we can expect now.
  • A big event should be here within two weeks I would think.
  • I'm ready to return to Springfield Heights.
  • Is anyone else getting really, really, REALLY bored with the game?

Nope. I don't need an event to enjoy the game. I design, redesign, relocate, tinker, and send characters on tasks I haven't seen in awhile or to a building I haven't animated for awhile. There's lots of stuff to do with a town-building game without the need for the next new thing.
  • johncolombo
    11383 posts Senior Moderator
    I'm ready to return to Springfield Heights.

Bring that grind on. I love it. :D
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    11383 posts Senior Moderator
    Is anyone else getting really, really, REALLY bored with the game? I've barely logged in and have already finished this event. There is nothing to do in these mini events. And yes, there has been more dialogue which is fun, but still not enough. Other than sending my people to recycle for donuts (not a farmer and freemium, so I recycle) I don't even bother to task my townsfolk or collect money from the buildings unless I have a daily challenge for donuts requiring me to.

I really hope the next event will be more fun to play.

Now that I have land to use, I'm really back into the game more than ever.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I know we can design/redesign during this down time, and I've sent some characters on unused tasks - I was thinking of trying to send Homer on every single task in a row for every skin, first 6 seconds Clean up Springfield, next 45 seconds Play on his MyPad, etc but I guess what I miss is that 'rush' to play.

That feeling that I can't wait to get to the game, or that there's so much to do, tap the clowns, visit neighbors to drop gifts or balls or find aliens or spies, etc. Now it feels like if I miss a day or two it wouldn't matter ( not that I've ever missed a day since I started).

Just really hope the next event has more to do than send the same 10 people inside a building for 4 hrs, and repeat for two weeks.
    "Not my Shmoo!"
  • After 7 years, I am not bored and never will be of this game. This game keeps on giving.
  • I’m always finding something to do in the game. If I do get bored at some point then I’ve got some big redesigning tasks I can have a go at.
  • After 7 years, I am not bored and never will be of this game. This game keeps on giving.

Took the words right out of my mouth. OP would really have hated the first year or two of this game. No new levels for weeks on end. No events for months
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

Took the words right out of my mouth. OP would really have hated the first year or two of this game. No new levels for weeks on end. No events for months

You can die of boredom if there is no new content.
  • mesto800
    8 posts New member
    Will the next event start on the 22nd of January?
  • mesto800 wrote: »

Probably not. Guessing that the event will be a major, past history would indicate a teaser a few days after the 22nd, and full event about a week later.

Watch for info from the members we have who frequently get pre release info from EA, they are limited on what they can say but usually can tip us off that something is coming.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.

You can die of boredom if there is no new content.

I have added about 80 land squares and have my town in disarray and full of holes. I am loving a chance to actually play the town building, original game again. One thing we never see any more are threads that there has been no new content for 3 months, now its 3 hours. ;)
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    mesto800 wrote: »

Probably not. Guessing that the event will be a major, past history would indicate a teaser a few days after the 22nd, and full event about a week later.

Watch for info from the members we have who frequently get pre release info from EA, they are limited on what they can say but usually can tip us off that something is coming.

Might start straight after as we don't really know the path there'll take this year.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase

Wrong. I wouldn't have hated the game then, nor do I hate it now.

The game has changed lately. Events used to be challenging, increasing in difficulty until the peak event - Stonecutters. People playing now for the first time would be shocked to know that we once had events that did NOT follow a strict 4 hour schedule. We actually had to do basic math to figure out if we'd get everything done before time ran out for a given clue, and this happened each day. We used different characters each day, and they did different tasks each day not the same 5-10 characters repeating the same tasks each day.

Remember when the tappables in an event were actually fast? When tapping them actually provided a bit of a challenge, instead, now we just wait 30 seconds and they all gather near a set point and you can tap them all with one touch.

Some of what was fun about this game is gone. It's the Simpsons, so I'll always love it and play it but I do miss the days when it was more challenging.

"Not my Shmoo!"

Wrong. I wouldn't have hated the game then, nor do I hate it now.

The game has changed lately. Events used to be challenging, increasing in difficulty until the peak event - Stonecutters. People playing now for the first time would be shocked to know that we once had events that did NOT follow a strict 4 hour schedule. We actually had to do basic math to figure out if we'd get everything done before time ran out for a given clue, and this happened each day. We used different characters each day, and they did different tasks each day not the same 5-10 characters repeating the same tasks each day.

Remember when the tappables in an event were actually fast? When tapping them actually provided a bit of a challenge, instead, now we just wait 30 seconds and they all gather near a set point and you can tap them all with one touch.

Some of what was fun about this game is gone. It's the Simpsons, so I'll always love it and play it but I do miss the days when it was more challenging.

Amen!

I misunderstood what you meant. I thought this was one of those "there hasnt been an event in over three minutes and I'm bored" posts we get every so often. My apologies, no offense was intended either way.

Also in regards to the tappables. If them gathering for you isnt easy enough, now in some events they give us something that eliminates then all with one tap.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.