EA Forums - Banner

Update

Replies

• fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Thanks for understanding guys. Love ya's!

Now, speculate away!

I'm super excited about this update and can't wait for the release of things. It's killing me seeing those locked characters and wondering what it all means.

I have been dying for banner since o'flanagans, can't wait :mrgreen:
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    On the subject of extracting the information from the files, here's the TOS in question that's most relevant(can be found in the sticky)

- Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
    - Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service.

On the note of the update, I can't help but notice the irony that the new characters aren't labelled as new but the wooden fencing and newspaper dispensers are. Maybe EA's using a different type of wood for the fences. :lol:
    If you buy them and place them in your town they are new. Kindof like when I buy a used car and say i got a new car. :mrgreen:
  • TKC_Panda
    102 posts
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Now, speculate away!

I'm super excited about this update and can't wait for the release of things. It's killing me seeing those locked characters and wondering what it all means.

No speculate. I've already mentioned. Unless its since been deleted.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Now, speculate away!

I wonder if Homer will have a premium Beer Baron skin?
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited June 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Apu looks awesome in his American outfit
    OSmYMH3.jpg

Oi that's my pic!! THIEF :lol:
    :oops: someone had to do it
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    rolybert7 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Now, speculate away!

I was thinking the same, i hope so :mrgreen:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    rolybert7 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Now, speculate away!

LOL I love all the Homer skins! I have fun cycling through them, I'm excited to get another one. I just hope it's not 90 donuts! I like hoarding them.
  • Amol78
    154 posts
    edited June 2013
    I think I'm looking forward to this more than the actual 4th of July holiday itself. :lol:
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    rolybert7 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Now, speculate away!

I was thinking the same, i hope so :mrgreen:
    I really need it. I like to keep Homer in his premium skins and Santa and Mr. Plow are silly with no snow. :mrgreen:
  • blackgryphon9999
    685 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    TKC_Panda wrote:
    Lincoln's cabin is mentioned in the game files.

Edit: as well as nighthawk diner

Edit 2: American flag, crate if fireworks, Lisa statue, and liberty bell are also mentioned.

I did find Lincoln in the character collections, but you can't buy him yet. I don't see anything else....so far.
  • kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited June 2013
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Sure he does BTW I have this item for sale. If you are interested PM me.280px-Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg

lol :thumbup:
  • kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    gcurtisjr wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Just a reminder, since this is the official EA forum there are certain things that are allowed and not allowed.

1 - Do not post any images from the files.
    2 - Do not post the exact dialogue.

That is considered communicating hacks by those who run this forum and we, the mods, will have to remove it.

Thank you for understanding speculate away (speculation is allowed, obviously).

Just curious: How are the above listed points considered hacking? One does not need a jailbroken device to see them nor does your game need to be hacked. Just a simple download of a program that can read files is all it takes. Seems like a rather bold stance on something that is not illegal and has been posted on this forum many times over.

We don't make the rules, remember that guys.

We were instructed to remove any posts that show in-game images/dialogue of things that have not been released.

So don't shoot the messengers, ok?

And it's not something we are going to debate/argue. It is what it is and we are just following instruction.

:thumbup:
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    On the subject of extracting the information from the files, here's the TOS in question that's most relevant(can be found in the sticky)

- Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
    - Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service.

On the note of the update, I can't help but notice the irony that the new characters aren't labelled as new but the wooden fencing and newspaper dispensers are. Maybe EA's using a different type of wood for the fences. :lol:

I mentioned something about this months ago.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    kevwha22 wrote:
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Sure he does BTW I have this item for sale. If you are interested PM me.280px-Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg

lol :thumbup:

I recently listened to an awesome podcast about the history of the Brooklyn Bridge for sale. Basically, they were preying on immigrants because in their country it wasn't unusual to buy a piece of a bridge and then get a bit of profit from the toll of using the bridge.

I always find it interesting digging into the history of things like this.
  • JJ illumina T
    187 posts
    edited June 2013
    Another skin and its for apu, sweet, looks good in the hat and isotopes shirt!
  • blackgryphon9999
    685 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    The irony of this all is that this thread would only be a few messages long if EA hadn't uploaded part of the update and let us know that something new was in the works without giving us access to it! Ignorance is bliss?
  • iliketoannoyyou
    291 posts
    edited June 2013
    All I want for 4th July is a doughnut sale :mrgreen:
  • TKC_Panda
    102 posts
    edited June 2013
    When you go to visit friends, I noticed that now it just says "add friend" when you scroll to the end. They took off the "it is a social game" text I guess..
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    All I want for 4th July is a doughnut sale :mrgreen:

I don't know about a sale, but Gil does pop up during major holidays. :D
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't think this will be level 31. I am excited though, from what is out there on some websites, we should be getting at least one more house, fireworks and a statue. Very excited
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.