EA Forums - Banner

I missed out on GG Realty

Prev13
Only realised this morning it exists... haven't been paying close attention to the forum. I finished the mini event at least a week before it finished and hadn't noticed there was a building that generated land tokens. I now can't buy it.

Yeah, sucks to be me. Anyone who is in the know - do you have ANY idea when it might return? I'm basically on the verge of quitting playing because of this. Was there some in game prompt telling you this building generated land tokens that I missed? Or did you have to go on to the building itself in the menu to notice it say 'generates land tokens' at the bottom?

Why should this be a limited time item? I appreciate I had two weeks to buy it so this is my own fault to a fairly large degree, but if you don't notice it, what can you do? There is no reason at all this should be limited time. Is there any chance it could reappear as a permanent item when the valentines update goes live?

Thinking about it - will they still give out free land tokens with events, because so many people will be able to generate there own so what would they get instead of the land tokens. If they AREN'T going to give out any more land tokens then anyone who didn't buy it in the last couple of weeks will be screwed for new land until the building goes back on sale. So maybe it will come back sooner rather than later... I live in hope.

Replies

• There will be land tokens given out with this event on the prize track.

I agree it was poor advertising by the game. There was no pop up informing you to buy it or what it did. :/

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else who needs it that it returns.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Ah man... thanks for the response. That sucks, really f'ing sucks.

Just realised the land tokens for people who have all the land already will be converted into donuts at 12 donuts a pop, looking at other posts. So they can continue to give out land tokens with every event, which means they might not bring this land token generating building back for quite some time.

I'm done with this game.
  • It certainly wasn't well advertised. I picked it up 'cause it was a new building and didn't even know it generated tokens until the first one popped up.

There can't be too many buildings that haven't been offered again after the initial release. I can't imagine it not coming back at some point.
  • It’s sucks you missed it. I bought it and honestly I forget i have it. You’re going to get to way more land tokens from events.

Also they will absolutely bring it back and my guess is sooner rather than later. They know people will buy it. The only item I know that has never come back is Duff Gardens.
  • It’s sucks you missed it. I bought it and honestly I forget i have it. You’re going to get to way more land tokens from events.

Also they will absolutely bring it back and my guess is sooner rather than later. They know people will buy it. The only item I know that has never come back is Duff Gardens.
    In bold - Am I? Have they said as much?

I think it will be sooner rather than later too.... so gutted I missed it. A token every 12 hours is 2 a day, allowing for not being able to click on it straight away would mean about 50 a month still. Couple of months and I would have a nice rectangular town.

Thanks for the help guys.

• It was on the facebook page. Everyone talked about it there.
  • lucienleon519
    1186 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    simpsonare wrote: »
    It was on the facebook page. Everyone talked about it there.

Sweet-Brown_765x0_80.jpg
    Post edited by lucienleon519 on
  • I only use facebook to keep
    simpsonare wrote: »

Sweet-Brown_765x0_80.jpg

Wait...people still use FB?
  • lol...
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • simpsonare wrote: »

Which one? Everyone talked about it here too I bet, I'm not sure what your point is. I have the tapped out fb page liked but that doesn't guarantee I would see a post containing the information about this building.

I have deleted the app in frustration. If it isn't back in the store when this event starts then it is staying deleted.
  • I have deleted the app in frustration. If it isn't back in the store when this event starts then it is staying deleted.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.png
  • No reason to overreact. The building will come back at some point. You will probably get 2 land tokens in the first act of the story so 7 or 8 by the time act 4 is finished.
  • mattmcshane
    427 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    mallratcal wrote: »
    No reason to overreact. The building will come back at some point. You will probably get 2 land tokens in the first act of the story so 7 or 8 by the time act 4 is finished.

Nah, thanks but I'm done.

7 or 8 land tokens , wooo.

People with the realty building will earn 50.
  • Another good use for donuts. 12 to push for a land token seems like a good deal.
  • Bye ... :/

Lots of things about the game have annoyed me in the past but I've never considered quitting.

6 year anniversary coming up soon for me :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Don’t you think you’re overreacting a bit? I missed out on the Lard Lad Donut Factory, Monstromart & Shopping Cart Pile Up because I didn’t want to pay more money for these items, when I had plenty of donuts to use. So I’m hoping these come back in the future purchasable with Donuts. But I won’t quit if they don’t.
  • Ah man... thanks for the response. That sucks, really f'ing sucks.

Just realised the land tokens for people who have all the land already will be converted into donuts at 12 donuts a pop, looking at other posts. So they can continue to give out land tokens with every event, which means they might not bring this land token generating building back for quite some time.

I'm done with this game.

It was there to be seen. It was all over the forum, discord, FB and it was quite clear in the store that it paid land tokens. So, unfortunately you missed it. That does suck, as others have said we all miss things sometimes. Many people who bought it opened all land to have it stop producing land and revert to cash. If you wish to quit over that so long. It is a game. Its supposed to be fun. When its not I will quit too. Can't see that happening though.

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • This is why you should never dwaddle or waffle on about getting a building, or a character. I can see why people would be hesitant to spend actual money for characters.

But, anything that costs donuts to buy, should be imperatively weighed as more important. Especially something like this building. Giving out land tokens, something intensely desired and coveted by the playerbase.

You may think I'm being rude or something, and if so, I apologize. But, the building was in the Store for about 2 1/2 weeks. You can say "That's not a lot of time!", and I would respectfully disagree with you.

This is a cautionary tale. If there's something in the store, and you really want it, don't even hesitate to think about it. Just buy it.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • This is why you should never dwaddle or waffle on about getting a building, or a character. I can see why people would be hesitant to spend actual money for characters.

But, anything that costs donuts to buy, should be imperatively weighed as more important. Especially something like this building. Giving out land tokens, something intensely desired and coveted by the playerbase.

You may think I'm being rude or something, and if so, I apologize. But, the building was in the Store for about 2 1/2 weeks. You can say "That's not a lot of time!", and I would respectfully disagree with you.

This is a cautionary tale. If there's something in the store, and you really want it, don't even hesitate to think about it. Just buy it.

If I had seen it gave out land tokens I would have bought it in a split second. I had no idea. It is nothing to do with hesitation.

I don't tend to peruse the forums a lot outside of major events. These little mini events have no tactics at all, so I barely looked at the forum to notice what this building did. As lucienleon519 said, it wasn't particularly well advertised. It is my own fault yes, but I dont think the game did a good job of bringing attention to it. And I don't see any reason why it is limited time.