EA Forums - Banner

Gil 'Deal' ???

I dont get it... 199 donuts for an odd character and a meh looking building? Does anyone know if there is something worth while with this purchase or like a big multiplier or something?
"I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

Replies

• I have been around since day 1. I had to buy it!
  • except for sarah wiggum (which was 300), gil deals have been 199 donuts since the burns dragon was released back in oct 2017.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • she helps with the first part of the event so far. As do Ned's parents and samantha.
  • Just a normal building with a classic character. Helps with tasks to.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • I'm a completionst, I try to get every character offered to me. Plus, it feels a little bit nicer to give some good luck to such a hard luck character as Gil. Even though, some of the time, he gets a little passive-aggressive at you for taking his deal.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I like to let him wander around town for a bit first before tapping the !!! on him :D
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I like to let him wander around town for a bit first before tapping the !!! on him :D

But what if you skipped him and he disappeared like he did with that duff gardens one. :D
    Nuking is always the answer
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I like to let him wander around town for a bit first before tapping the !!! on him :D

But what if you skipped him and he disappeared like he did with that duff gardens one. :D

:# :# :#
    THAT actually happened and you know it!
    I said no to that deal and it disappeared FOREVER :'(
  • Sorry I'm still bitter at that :D :D :D
  • My point was this is a lame Gil Deal. CBGB comes with 2 characters and a better looking building and costs 24 donuts less. Also earns event currency. Gil Deals should be the more desirable event premium and that just isn't the case here.
  • Gil doesnt really give "deals" anymore, he just sells premium content, usually a character with building. If the building was in the store, it mighta cost 200 donuts, the donut off is the deal.......
  • Vicki Valentine is a great character from a classic episode and offered by Gil at a price in line with most of his other deals. Nothing to complain about here.

Now, if you want to talk about lousy Gil deals there are plenty of others he offered through the years to choose from.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    Gil doesnt really give "deals" anymore, he just sells premium content, usually a character with building. If the building was in the store, it mighta cost 200 donuts, the donut off is the deal.......

Gil does offer deals. Just last year he offered 80% off a boatload of donuts.
    Gil doesnt really give "deals" anymore, he just sells premium content, usually a character with building. If the building was in the store, it mighta cost 200 donuts, the donut off is the deal.......

That's right, he did offer discounted donuts last year. But lately it is more common for him to offer a building character combo for 199.
  • He'd be better off offering a better character/building combo. I just cant get past the ugly facade of that building. I have enough of those in my SF.
    empathy77 wrote: »

That's right, he did offer discounted donuts last year. But lately it is more common for him to offer a building character combo for 199.

Doesn’t Laird Lad give us donut deals these days?
    empathy77 wrote: »

Doesn’t Laird Lad give us donut deals these days?

Yes, that is a recent change they made during the holidays.
  • I went crazy today. Bought Gil and the other two buildings. And lots of Choo Choo’s. Dropped over 1,000 donuts.

Then dropped a few million buying over 4,000 rose bushes, 2,000 valentine trees, and hundreds of the other decorations.

Won’t be running out of rose bushes anytime soon now!
  • I went crazy today. Bought Gil and the other two buildings. And lots of Choo Choo’s. Dropped over 1,000 donuts.

Then dropped a few million buying over 4,000 rose bushes, 2,000 valentine trees, and hundreds of the other decorations.

Won’t be running out of rose bushes anytime soon now!

giphy.gif
  • OhHappyJays
    1530 posts Member
    edited January 23
    What I find weird is that Vicki Valentine, I believe is obviously based off of Shirley Temple. Which is weird because I think Amber Dempsey is as well.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.