EA Forums - Banner

Crashes During Load

Prev1
rusty595
3 posts New member
Since the Valentine's update, Tapped Out has consistently crashed after downloading update 17/17 on my Xiaomi Pocophone F1. I have the latest firmware update - MIUI 10.2.2.0(PEJMIXM) / Android 9 PKQ1.180729.001.

Judging by what happens on my old phone, a Nexus 5X with Android 6.0.1, this might be when it tries to show the "enter your age" dialog.

My F1 does provide a crash log, which I will post if anyone wants.

Replies

• rusty595
    3 posts New member
    I have tried rebooting and reinstalling Tapped Out to no avail
  • I have the same problem!
  • Same phone, same firmware, same game update... same problem. :(
    Game loads and closes again and again.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Same phone, same firmware, same game update... same problem. :(
    Game loads and closes again and again.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Update : tried to uninstall TSTO and setup again.
    Setup crashes at package 17 out of 686...
  • This can be a space problem. The game needs a lot of space sometimes as much as 5 gigs. Try making more room, reboot device. Let it download one more time. Do not play until it is done even though it says you can.
  • Thank you for your reply. This is not a space problem because there is 47gb left on the phone. Since no one with another phone/tablet complained, I'm wondering if this is not a problem due to the latest Xiaomi update (around the 23rd if January). I'll try to reset my phone and let you know. Besides I've got no problem to play on my Samsung tablet (but I did not install the latest security update). Have a nice weekend !
  • rusty595
    3 posts New member
    I have 37GB free. I strongly suspect something in the recent MIUI update broke it. Will be interested to hear if your resetting works.
  • Yep, I’m locked out. I have plenty of available space on my iPad, I tried clearing my cache and deleting and reinstalling. Before I reinstalled I just got the unending spinning doughnut, after the reinstall the Bart screen keeps popping up over and over.
  • andygalaxi69
    10 posts Member
    edited January 26
    I also have a brand new Pocophone F1 (which I highly recommend to anyone - great device!) with the latest update (MIUI 10.2.2.0). I was able to play before that update. Now I cannot start the game at the exact same 17 update. The game just crashes... I am still able to play on my old Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.
    Let's hope that this issue gets solved soon. I don't want to keep my old phone just for this game. I don't want to play on my old phone as the new one has much better resolution and is much faster.
    Post edited by andygalaxi69 on
  • Btw I am in Germany... so this seems to be a "global" problem.
  • Alright... after talking to the EA agent I received troubleshooting information via email. Unfortunately this didn't help as I went through all of the steps before. There are many games affected after the current Xiaomi Android update and the problem seems to be in connection with the notch.
    I guess we have to wait until Xiaomi resolves these issues. As I know that company I have no doubt that they will work this out soon.
    Hope we can play our favorite game on our new favourite smartphone soon!
  • Gary_A_D
    863 posts Member
    edited February 1
    If it's any comfort to you. I haven't been able to get in as of today, plus, I had been signed out, plus, I usually have to resign in 3 times to finish tasks because I constantly get the booty. Did that make you feel better? 💊 If not, take this and call your Doctor in the morning.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • My connection keeps breaking before I can get in. It was fine earlier and now it's broken.
  • I have the same problem. i have a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 with MiUI Global 10.2.1.0, and game does not load, it crashes to the desktop.
  • bnnhhgd
    2 posts New member
    I also have the same problem on Xiaomi Mi8 Pro. Worked fine until MiUI Global 10.2.1.0 update. Now uninstalled then reinstalled - always crashed out at package 17. No problem with space.
  • Still no solution... very sad.
  • Same here, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 :( but it works on my Redmi Note 5, so not all Xiaomi phones are affected by the sounds of it, just the really awesome ones like Pocophone and Mi Mix 3. I hope they fix it soon because I love being on team Xiaomi instead of Apple or Samsung!
  • Any experience with the new miui update (beta)? Does it resolve the issue?
    I am so tired of using my tiny old smartphone just to play TSTO...
  • PinkNijntje69
    26 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I also have a brand new Pocophone F1 (which I highly recommend to anyone - great device!) with the latest update (MIUI 10.2.2.0). I was able to play before that update. Now I cannot start the game at the exact same 17 update. The game just crashes... I am still able to play on my old Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.
    Let's hope that this issue gets solved soon. I don't want to keep my old phone just for this game. I don't want to play on my old phone as the new one has much better resolution and is much faster.

I guess they fixed it and then they broke it again.. My new Pocophone F1 did run TSTO without any problems (have it two weeks now) , but then they did some security patch the 15th or 16th this month and now it keeps crashing during loading.. just like you I'm "playing" on my old S4 Mini, but only to not miss out on the event stuff. It's so slow it's unbearable :s:D

Hope they'll come with a fix soon!