EA Forums - Banner

Love, Springfieldian Style: Bart to Another Future Walkthrough

Bart to Another Future Intro

Auto starts

Snake: Alright, dudes and dudettes, it's time to slash up some Valentines Cards. Starting with... this one.
Bart: Hey, that one has my name on it! “Bart” doesn’t have an “i” in it, but if it did, I’m sure they would’ve dotted it with a heart!
Bart: Look Snake, I'll give you an action-packed story. Just leave my card alone.

Task: Make Lisa Perpetually Roll Her Eyes at Bart's Story
Time: 4h
Bart: Make Bart Tell a Story From the Future
Quest reward: $100 and 10 XP

Bart to Another Future Pt. 1

Auto starts

Bart: It was ten years in the future... or should I say will be. I never was great at grammar. Or will be.
Bart: Anyway, technology had finally caught up with what they thought the future would be like in the 1980s.
Bart: We had laser guns, holograms, and time travel.
Bart: That’s where I come in, narrating my future as a Time Cop.
Bart: Oh wait, the text bubble has that thing on top now. I mean my PRESENT as a Time Cop.
Nelson: You'll never stop me, Copper, until I screw up all the timelines!

Task: Reach Level 12 and Place Bart's Treehouse
Task: Make Bart Chase the Fugitive
Task: Collect Holo-Valentines [x100]

Bart: I'm in pursuit of the fugitive. Nothing can deter me!
Jenda: Bart? You’re one of those Time Detectives?
Bart: Jenda?!

Bart to Another Future Pt. 2

Auto starts

Bart: I know it’s cliché, but I think seeing my long-lost ex-wife threw me off the trail of a time bandit.
Bart: And on Valentine’s Day to boot. It doesn’t get anymore hardboiled than this.
Nelson: Haw-haw! Bart’s haunted by his past in the future!
Bart: It’s the present, dummy!
Bart: I was just using the past tense because I'm narrating this now in the future, as well as telling it in the past.

Task: Reach level 17 and Build the Police Station
Task: Make Bart Try To Wrap His Head Around This Timeline
Task: Collect Holo-Valentines [x300]

Bart: Okay, I think I finally figured this whole timeline thing out.
Nelson: Think again! I have the access codes to the Quantum Tunnel. You'll never find me when I am after this!
Bart: Aw, come on! You can’t just say something like that and expect people to know what you’re talking about!

Bart to Another Future Pt. 3

Auto starts

Bart: Professor Frink, you need to tell me everything there is to know about the Quantum Tunnel.
Professor Frink: That’s more of a Futurama-type question. This is a just-go-with-it-type game. Good luck!
Bart: Nelson’s going back to the 1700s!
Nelson: Gimme that powdered wig, old man!
George Washington: Someone help!

Task: Make Bart Find the Time Hostage

Bart: 1700s Colonial America is weird. No one’s even looking at their phones.
Bart: I don’t recognize anything, except... Jenda?!
Jenda: I’m not Jenda, I’m, uh, Betsy Ross... *runs away*
Bart: Weird, Betsy Ross looks exactly like my ex-wife. AND she’s a bad sewer, but a fast runner.

Bart to Another Future Pt. 4

Auto starts

Bart: I’m back in the future... I mean present, which is the future. And my head is spinning both from explaining this and seeing Jenda again.
Milhouse: Nelson just went into the Plastic Surgery Center!
Bart: Plastic surgery? Do you know what that means?!
Milhouse: It means his youthful good looks aren’t so youthful?
Bart: It means Nelson could be anybody!

Task: Make Bart Investigate the Plastic Surgery Center

Bart: Where’s Nelson?
George Washington: I snuck away from his grasp, but he ran that way! Go get him, Constable!
Bart: Jeez, even I know where this is going.

Bart to Another Future Pt. 5

Auto starts

Bart: Okay, General Washington. Show me where he went.
George Washington: I cannot tell a lie... I have to kill you!
Jenda: *shoots Washington with laser gun*
Bart: Jenda?! You shot George Washington!
Jenda: That's not Washington, it’s Nelson! You can tell because he’s wearing a presidential vest.
George Washington: You’ll never take me alive!

Task: Make Bart Duel the Fugitive

Bart: We got him, Jenda. But I need to know, why were you following me from timeline to timeline?
Bart: Is it because you want to get back together with me someday in the future... by which I mean now?
Jenda: No, it means I’m working undercover in the Time FBI, and I’m taking over the case.
Bart: You feds are all the same.

Bart to Another Future Outro

Auto starts

Bart: She definitely would’ve gotten back together with me, it just would’ve been a jurisdictional nightmare.
Snake: Harsh betrayal, I know how that feels.
Lisa: You do? Why don't you tell us more about that in the form of a story in an unusual setting!

Task: Make Lisa Convince Snake to Tell a Story
Quest reward: $200 and 20 XP

Replies

• When does 1 start as finished the 1st 1?
  • Having Lisa convince Snake to tell a story would make sense if this was the penultimate story in the Act; but it's not.

We are going to from Lisa convincing Snake to tell a story, to Willie awkwardly inserting himself into the story.

It just doesn't flow very well, is all I'm saying.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Dalekbuster523
    909 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Having Lisa convince Snake to tell a story would make sense if this was the penultimate story in the Act; but it's not.

We are going to from Lisa convincing Snake to tell a story, to Willie awkwardly inserting himself into the story.

It's another reason why we should have had a New Year's event instead, as a narrative based around New Year would have stronger thematic connections to Tapped Out's storyline of Homer accidentally blowing up the town.
  • As someone with Asian heritage I feel that a New Year’s event would isolate the 50% of players whose new year falls in February.
  • As someone with Asian heritage I feel that a New Year’s event would isolate the 50% of players whose new year falls in February.

:o :D :D :D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • annettemarc
    7695 posts Member
    edited January 28
    cool2006 wrote: »
    When does 1 start as finished the 1st 1?

Starts January 30th, according to event guide. (It was on page 2 of forum, so I bumped it up for now.)

:)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Actually that's more like 25%.

I've been asking for Chinese New Year for years.
  • What is this? Nothing triggered in game apart from the main quest line
  • Having Lisa convince Snake to tell a story would make sense if this was the penultimate story in the Act; but it's not.

It's another reason why we should have had a New Year's event instead, as a narrative based around New Year would have stronger thematic connections to Tapped Out's storyline of Homer accidentally blowing up the town.

My apologies yet your continuous inquiries involving this New Year borders the obsessive minds of those that would dare question Batman's Greatness.

I ask you, what truly hath this new year wrought, if not pain and calamari, calamity and an increase in the price of avocados?

Upon whose brow does the idea of a New year's event (surpassing the obvious one day limitation otherwise it would be a New Year's quest)? Tis not Groundhogs day, neither is it a day upon which we celebrate for days before with anticipation and preparedness, and upon which we celebrate far after it's done.... To an unsettling amount.

This annual tradition, this new year, is nothing more than another notch on my belt.

Grinding gladly, garnished gleefully with grimace, goes grand gaming, grand gestures, screen glowing green, fingers gently galavanting upon glowing green screen, this grateful player enjoys this gaudy event.

I do not mind what event may show, nor a Valentine's day event, nor New year's event do I prefer.

I simply remind those to be careful what they wish for and be grateful for what they have for sanity is an amazing gift, do not nuke your town for simple...petty...reasons.

That said, interesting choice of future character.
  • This has not been in my game
  • @001tabi00155
    The dates on some of the walkthroughs were unintentionally mixed up.
    This particular game play starts on 2/6 1500 GMT
    Order of Valentines Stories
    1/23 1500 GMT Lisa Live
    1/30 1500 GMT Rome-eh & Julie-Aye
    2/6 1500 GMT Bart to Another Future
    2/13 1500 GMT All Dogs Go to Jail
  • Thank you very much EllieGuseman...I appreciate the info and prompt reply...hav3 a great day 😁
  • So what characters do we need to keep free to collect holo-valentines? (so i can put everyone else on 24 hr tasks)
  • Well thanks to EE I can't start this questline yet. If I don't get the prizes then this is their fault. :#
  • someonewashere
    1689 posts Member
    edited February 7
    ee? what?

Obviously means "Everyone Ever"

KZesOEI.gif
  • ee? what?

The mobile/broadband network. They had a stupid internet problem yesterday where they refused to admit it was their fault. Very annoying.