EA Forums - Banner

Making a show-accurate Springfield - the Impossibilities

Don't get me wrong; I know the layout of Springfield keeps changing. And that we see a lot of shops just once. The most recent map is getting on 15 years now, and the opening of the show has changed since then. Hey, I've got an imagination.

But I tried making an 'accurate' Springfield with this, once: http://i.imgur.com/Tog0dKV.jpg

Trouble is... I gave up when Springfield Heights proved to never, ever be updated. See all those huge mansions you've got? They ought to be in Springfield heights where the rich people live. Apparently the game has room for a photo feature but not enough room to open up those squares for purchase.

When did YOU give up on an accurate Springfield?

Replies

• I never started, so I guess in the beginning, sorta
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Yeah I gave up a while ago.... can’t remember exactly when.... but probably after the 4th or 5th time I relocated my North edge (Springfield sign) to create more room in the town....then I decided to just build behind it
  • I never tried either. I guess the big fans of the show would want to do that, but I look at my town more as a continually changing design game. That means that right now, everything is changing but I like the challenge of making areas that are themed.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Loanet
    356 posts Member
    edited January 29
    The Around the World update was ridiculous too. It's hard enough creating districts for Cypress Creek and Bloodbath Gulch, but I really don't need an Eiffel Tower District or the Mount Fuji district. They obscure huge amounts of the screen too.
  • the very fact we can't rotate anything properly makes it impossible. And it will most likely always be this way.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • I never started, so I guess in the beginning, sorta

Yup, never bothered either. I opted for chill.
  • Idk how you're making an "accurate" SF by copying an image NOT drawn by Matt G. The SF, USA pic is fan art. It's as accurate as any SF created by one of our tappers.

I'm one of the few people who made a town square to copy the scenes shown in the new Hi-Def opening credits sequence. And even that has only about a dozen buildings that can be identified, which are also available in-game. I made a thread describing it all, with comparison pictures from the show, a long time ago, before the migration to this forum server platform, which kinda ruined many old threads.
    f3gfiokgyc4w.png

My town still has the same correct layout in the town square, where the camera zooms in on the Jebediah statue, turns past the comic book store, goes between the billboard and the donut boy, then to the school front steps. As the camera pans out, i have the brewery, SF mountain, radio tower, tire fire, Burns mansion, and nuke plant in their matching landmark positions around the town edges.

My next big project is to rebuild my KL to look like the official KL poster, which puts the park in the foreground of the nuke plant.
    qiq54rlkf3ju.jpg

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • simpsonare
    2132 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Matt Groening should give us a sky view of his town lol
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Matt Groening should give us a sky view of his town lol

He has on several occasions. But they're all different so it's kinda irrelevant. I used this pic to design my Pressboard Estates:
    sgvwsc5ihkzf.png
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • simpsonare
    2132 posts Member
    edited January 29
    I meant his actual Tapped Out town