EA Forums - Banner

Role changes: Member or New Member

Replies

• Seems a pretty sensible compromise to me. Newbies will always be welcome here and we all started out that way. It will help weed out the ‘hell for leather’ merchants that want everything instantly. As has been said it isn’t that difficult to become a member and shouldn’t take more than a few days. When you think of how long TSTO has been going now it isn’t that bad.
  • Is this change the reason why I’m no longer seeing everyone’s signatures ?
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • sealley123 wrote: »
    Is this change the reason why I’m no longer seeing everyone’s signatures ?

It should have no effect. I do not see digs when I am on the mobile site, but do on the full site.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • johncolombo
    10934 posts Senior Moderator
    Connie Wong

Thats why mesmy diesnt visit anymore. She misses clara!

How could I forget it was Clara :o :D
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    sealley123 wrote: »
    Is this change the reason why I’m no longer seeing everyone’s signatures ?

It should have no effect. I do not see digs when I am on the mobile site, but do on the full site.

Thanks Willy9292! I appreciate the reminder. I forgot there is a difference between the full website and the mobile site.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Seems like it's not discouraging some. We have a Spam post today....
  • EA_Roger
    1246 posts Community Manager
    Yeah I saw that and have taken care of it :neutral:

If I'm being honest we can never get rid of spammers completely, there will always be some that slip through the net. Prohibition leads to creativity, which in our case is very annoying. The advantage is they can't use formatting or link to their sites or hide their URLs in random words in their replies/topics.
  • EA_Roger
    Thanks for reporting the spammer @Muhsterino btw. While we are on the subject, I added in some more details in my initial topic:
    New members cannot post links or use formatting /BBcode (italics, bold, etc).

In case there were any more questions around that.
  • Doughal
    186 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Just an idea and don't know other posters feelings on it but how about new members getting a DM/PM on sign up with a few guidance points on such things as posting 'Add me' in the Add me thread and other forum do & don'ts?
  • EA_Roger
    @Doughal, we've tried to do this however the issue is that the Simpsons forums aren't the only ones here, there is also NHL, Madden, NBA Live, UFC, Command & Conqueror along with other sports mobile titles. If we do send a message it would automated and to all new users upon creation of their account, at which point it would have to cater to all of the players for all of the games. If we had to link to the rules for each section & a few guidance points for each individual game the message would end up being a novel. It's unfortunate that we can't customize it by forum :/
  • Hi. I’m still new to these forums. I can’t post images of my town. Can anyone let me know the process on posting images. Thank you.
  • Looks like you just need 3 more points and one more post.
    You could post an add me thread or a small on topic post or post something in off topic
  • Thanks for responding. I’m still getting used to these forums.
  • There is a lot of info in here. If you have questions, just ask.
  • There was something similiar on the sims mobile forum. I kind of felt excluded and it felt unfair lol. But it's really not too big of a deal. It's a small achievement to get full access. Maybe add it as a achievement badge. Maybe limit threads per user per amount of time also.
  • djs_151
    6 posts Member
    edited February 18
    this is me
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • djs_151 New member
    About

Username
    djs_151
    Last Active
    10:26AM
    Roles
    Badges

Reactions
    0 Insightful 0 Agree 0 Like 0 Spam
  • EA_Roger
    simpsonare wrote: »
    There was something similiar on the sims mobile forum. I kind of felt excluded and it felt unfair lol. But it's really not too big of a deal. It's a small achievement to get full access. Maybe add it as a achievement badge. Maybe limit threads per user per amount of time also.

It can be a bit alienating to have a different rank as others, I will say that out of all the communities in which I've been involved The Simpsons is one of the most welcoming ones. It can also serve as an ice breaker to introduce themselves to the other players and as you said it is easy to become a member, we lowered the standard compared to The Sims. I can try to see if an achievement badge is something we can set up, it might be difficult to tie it to a rank though, I really like the idea though!
  • EA_Roger
    djs_151 wrote: »
    this is me

Hey me, it's me :smile: If you are looking how to gain access to the member role you can check out the details on this post: I'm new to the forum, how do I become a "Member"?

When you made that post you had 2 points, you therefore need another 8 points to get there. If you get a few positive reactions here & there while posting & talking to the community you should be able to get there in no time. By liking two of your posts I gave you another 2 points as well so only 6 more to go!

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks!

Roger.
  • i think somethings might have been lost from old site to new site.