EA Forums - Banner

Excessive inventory

We need something to be done with the extra items that keep piling up. Too many beast beds, beast toilets, dance platforms and other things that cannot be sold or deleted. We are also getting too many bone piles and other useless items. Help us please.

Replies

• annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Or add one more choice on the selection options bar ( the strip that opens when we go into "move" mode and click on an object.) At the moment, one option is a dollar sign to sell, another is a cardboard box to store, etc. Add one more option with maybe a tattered cardboard box. We could choose that one to put the object into a "junk" storage. If we wanted it later, we would be stuck with scrolling through our junk box to find it. And whatever we put in that junk box does not appear anywhere in our regular storage box.

Sort of like my garage, where my good stuff is on shelves organized in categories, but the true "junk" is stuck in a corner in a huge dirty pile. (And anyone reading this who seriously believes that I *ever* had *any* of my garage "organized in categories" obviously doesn't know me.)

(Btw, i also wouldn't mind a similar option showing a gift box that we could put all our event stuff into. And hide it from our main storage box.)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • A simple search option would be amazing. I hate having to scroll right to the end for vending machines etc :s
  • Can someone explain how inventory is organized? There are 3 parts. A few random(?) items at the begining. Then 2 parts in alphabetical order. What's the logic?
  • I would like a trash can to organise my inventory. Some where to dump everything I don't want and can't sell... they could easily do that and not encounter the problems at the start of tsto with players mistakenly selling items. You want it back. Go look in the trash. Simple.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Can someone explain how inventory is organized? There are 3 parts. A few random(?) items at the begining. Then 2 parts in alphabetical order. What's the logic?
    EA logic. :D
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • This will take some time, but it will help in reducing the number of items you have to go through.
    1. Clear an area equal to the maximum size that can be highlighted. I believe it to equal a 9x5 group of KEMs
    2. Take your over abundant items and put the into this area.
    3. Highlight the area and put the items in bulk storage.

Now when you go through your inventory, ignore the red colored tabs.
  • Kymie88
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This will take some time, but it will help in reducing the number of items you have to go through.
    1. Clear an area equal to the maximum size that can be highlighted. I believe it to equal a 9x5 group of KEMs

This isn’t a bad shout at all. Am I right in thinking you can place 1 thing at a time from group storage too? So grouping all my most used items together to keep them near the front would work too?

That's how the brain works at EA.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    Kymie88 wrote: »
    A simple search option would be amazing. I hate having to scroll right to the end for vending machines etc :s

this and/or a delete all item feature would be amazing
  • A delete feature would be nice as unwanted items could clog away wanted items.
  • Kymie88 wrote: »
    This will take some time, but it will help in reducing the number of items you have to go through.

This isn’t a bad shout at all. Am I right in thinking you can place 1 thing at a time from group storage too? So grouping all my most used items together to keep them near the front would work too?

Yes you can, but you can’t put them back one at a time into group storage. I’m not sure about where the inventory will choose to place the group storage.
  • johncolombo
    11198 posts Senior Moderator
    Or add one more choice on the selection options bar ( the strip that opens when we go into "move" mode and click on an object.) At the moment, one option is a dollar sign to sell, another is a cardboard box to store, etc. Add one more option with maybe a tattered cardboard box. We could choose that one to put the object into a "junk" storage. If we wanted it later, we would be stuck with scrolling through our junk box to find it. And whatever we put in that junk box does not appear anywhere in our regular storage box.

Sort of like my garage, where my good stuff is on shelves organized in categories, but the true "junk" is stuck in a corner in a huge dirty pile. (And anyone reading this who seriously believes that I *ever* had *any* of my garage "organized in categories" obviously doesn't know me.)

(Btw, i also wouldn't mind a similar option showing a gift box that we could put all our event stuff into. And hide it from our main storage box.)

I've missed your posts. I'm still a big fan of your writing style.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • simpsonare
    2193 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Secondary storage box would be good also. ^