EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

Track pieces

Is there anything more annoying than all 5 of the track pieces being curves grrrrr

Replies

• Queeg505 wrote: »
    Is there anything more annoying than all 5 of the track pieces being curves grrrrr

All 5 being s curves?

Seriously, I feel your pain. Its part of why I stored my monorail.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • My towns are full of monorail tracks and 95% are long straights. You just have to keep recycling and forget about all the shorts, curves and S's in inventory. At some point EA will give us a new option to get rid of those.
    Yes, I'm a real author.....try this link and you can read the first 3 chapters of my newest Amazon Vella sci-fi adventure for FREE: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09Z8HKLXW
  • I put my monorail Krusty burger drive thru station in my krustyland/itchy and scratchy land and used 50ish c bend pieces because then the monorail is practically a rollercoaster too :D
  • I have two monorail lines, one I’m still working on, currently have 102 C curves and 92 S curves in stock and no straights sigh. I only collect via Lisa’s Recycling Plant so it’s a slow process.
  • Queeg505 wrote: »
    I have two monorail lines, one I’m still working on, currently have 102 C curves and 92 S curves in stock and no straights sigh. I only collect via Lisa’s Recycling Plant so it’s a slow process.
    keep going! been there and before you know it you’ll have a surplus

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I use s curves for straightaways in more open spaces until I can replace them with straight tracks.
  • I hate to sound like a broken record, but... can we please trade those curved pieces (I have 300+) for straight pieces?
  • Through some serious grinding I have 4 tracks running round my town :) 2 in SH and 2 in SF so there’s 4 monorail trains passing each other every now and then and it’s so cool
  • Through some serious grinding I have 4 tracks running round my town :) 2 in SH and 2 in SF so there’s 4 monorail trains passing each other every now and then and it’s so cool

Shane, I have a monorail system in my second Springfield that would freeze you. Four trains in synchronized movement. I would post a picture but it is too big for one shot. PM me if you want to see it.

Shane, I have a monorail system in my second Springfield that would freeze you. Four trains in synchronized movement. I would post a picture but it is too big for one shot. PM me if you want to see it.

why not use the new portrait function?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I have 1075 straight track pieces in storage. I wish I could donate them to you.
    "Not my Shmoo!"
  • I have expanded and redesigned my monorail a couple times but this thread has started the urge to store it all, and redo it as multiple runs.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I'm stucked with my monorail, I think a smaller track piece is needed.
    In summary, I'm trying to connect to the Heights tunnel but a shorter piece is neded, I can't connect them because the remaining space is smaller than the smallest piece, I don't know what to do.
  • That problem began when the tunnel thru the mountains to SH was first introduced. I had to rework over a thousand pieces of track at the time (a year ago) to get it all to work properly. Bite the bullet and rework your Springfield monorail tracks to fit. That's all you can do. There won't be any smaller pieces available anytime soon (or ever). Good luck with it and welcome to the forum.
    Yes, I'm a real author.....try this link and you can read the first 3 chapters of my newest Amazon Vella sci-fi adventure for FREE: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09Z8HKLXW
  • @surefirein93 is right. Everything fits but it has to line up with the dreaded tunnel. I had to rework hundreds of tracks also and this was the main reason I ended up having multiple runs. Best and only answer is to start at the tunnel and rework. If you are in edit mode and grey out everything but the monorail you can block select a bunch of track at a time and it goes faster.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • demuxer
    5 posts Member
    Thanks a lot guys! It was fixed by moving slightly the Main Station, the following pieces are now connected and the monorail go throug Heights