EA Forums - Banner

More MB needed??

Replies

• Ok so here’s a weird thing: I went to log into my iPad Springfield so I could at least try to complete the Valentines update and earn the prizes. I never, ever play Tapped Out on my iPad anymore and probably haven’t logged into that particular device for it in at least a year or more. Well I’m getting the same exact message on my iPad that I’m getting on my iPhone, that I need a ton of space to play. I know for a fact this is not the case on my iPad as I hardly use it for much of anything. So is this possibly just a situation with my own personal Springfield and not necessarily my device??? :|
  • MamaLuck wrote: »
    Ok so here’s a weird thing: I went to log into my iPad Springfield so I could at least try to complete the Valentines update and earn the prizes. I never, ever play Tapped Out on my iPad anymore and probably haven’t logged into that particular device for it in at least a year or more. Well I’m getting the same exact message on my iPad that I’m getting on my iPhone, that I need a ton of space to play. I know for a fact this is not the case on my iPad as I hardly use it for much of anything. So is this possibly just a situation with my own personal Springfield and not necessarily my device??? :|
    i’m not an IT person either but keep checking back and someone should be able to help you!

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • have you tried powering off and back on? you’d be amazed how much that can help, especially if you have updates pending

Yes. I tried it like 3 or 4 times (initially after the last iPhone update and then every time I cleared more space). I really thought each time it would work but it did nothing. :(
    But now I’m seeing that I’m getting the same issue on my iPad TSTO and I know for a fact there’s plenty of space on that device so I’m stumped.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    MamaLuck wrote: »
    have you tried powering off and back on? you’d be amazed how much that can help, especially if you have updates pending

Yes. I tried it like 3 or 4 times (initially after the last iPhone update and then every time I cleared more space). I really thought each time it would work but it did nothing. :(
    But now I’m seeing that I’m getting the same issue on my iPad TSTO and I know for a fact there’s plenty of space on that device so I’m stumped.
    do what i do, get a teenager 😀
    sorry your having issues with the game but keep checking back, someone might be able to help

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. @MamaLuck
    Have you tried uninstalling, completely powering off & restarting your iPhone, then reinstalling TSTO? Make sure you don't play or tap anything until the Donut stops spinning & the download is complete.
    Wishing you the best of luck! :smile:
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • lucienleon519
    1338 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’ve read that what the iOS settings tell you is free and how much space actually is free can be very different. For my device I have to keep minimum 10GB free or I’m faced with having to download the whole thing again.

A hard reset would clear it up I suspect but I’ve never been bothered
  • I think there is a new Samsung Galaxy coming out soon why don't you get that?

maybe cause it costs a kidney to get?

I had to sell both of my kidneys. And part of my liver. And sign away the rights to one of my lungs when Im done using it
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. @MamaLuck
    Have you tried uninstalling, completely powering off & restarting your iPhone, then reinstalling TSTO? Make sure you don't play or tap anything until the Donut stops spinning & the download is complete.
    Wishing you the best of luck! :smile:

Thank you for the reply. As mentioned, I have tried EVERYTHING and some of that stuff I’ve tried more than once. Nothing has worked :s . I was in touch with another person from EA who said it is a bug and they are aware of it but who knows when it will be fixed. They asked me to report it on here for some reason even though he said they are already aware of it. So now I guess I’ll report it and just.....wait.
    Sigh :(
  • What type of iPhone are you using? If it's an old iPhone maybe the game won't work on there. You could do a factory reset on the phone and only install tsto to make sure it works on your phone.
  • More Mystery Boxes & more Mercedes Benzes needed too :p
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • ramrod130 wrote: »
    What type of iPhone are you using? If it's an old iPhone maybe the game won't work on there. You could do a factory reset on the phone and only install tsto to make sure it works on your phone.

It’s not the phone because I’m having the same issue on another device so EA says it’s a bug. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
  • So your seeing this message?
    YTsv2aC.jpg?fb
  • When I first read the post's title I thought the op was asking for more mystery boxes. I hope you get it sorted MamaLuck.
  • There are several "Device Full" Threads listed on the Faq Page

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Read-First-Index-of-FAQ-common-issues-and-useful-t...

This was listed as a possible workaround
    Workaround/Solution
    "Apps like Facebook and browsers can take up a lot of space without showing that they're taking up a lot of space. Clear the cache or reinstall the apps"
    The following is a thread about iPhone troubleshooting.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloading-apple-devices-troubleshooting-tips#latest
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    So your seeing this message?
    YTsv2aC.jpg?fb

Not exactly that message but similar. Let me see if I can figure out how to share a photo lol rhez0kgrrzc6.jpeg

• torin8337 wrote: »
    When I first read the post's title I thought the op was asking for more mystery boxes. I hope you get it sorted MamaLuck.

Hahah! At least I know what mystery boxes are; the MB I am actually referring to is like another language to me lol. :D
  • @EllieGuseman I’ve tried all of that and nothing works. Thanks for the links though! I appreciate the help! But the thing that gets me confused is that I’m also locked out on my other device (which has absolutely no storage issues) so it seems like a bug in my own town. :(
  • 11EEvey
    3051 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    @MamaLuck
    What happens if you hit continue?
  • @EllieGuseman if I hit continue it seems to be loading but the numbers never get past a certain point and it just “loads” for ages but isn’t actually loading. So really nothing happens lol

• MamaLuck wrote: »
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    So your seeing this message?
    YTsv2aC.jpg?fb

Not exactly that message but similar. Let me see if I can figure out how to share a photo lol rhez0kgrrzc6.jpeg

I remember getting that message both on my iPhone and iPad (I usually play on my iPad) and thinking “this is odd”, but I just tapped continue and everything proceeded. Possibly I was on cell data instead of WiFi although I don’t think so. I have plenty of open storage and never saw that message before.

You didn’t specifically say so but I assume you deleted the game (on both your devices) and re-downloaded?