EA Forums - Banner

Reporting a bug

Hello. I was given a link to this page by an EA representative that had been trying to help me with the problem I’ve had. I have been unsuccessful in logging into my Springfield on any device as it tells me that I need more space. I definitely do not need more space. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, shutting my phone off, and yes, my phone is completely up-to-date. The tech at EA said it’s definitely a bug and that they are aware of it but I should report it here anyway. So here I am. I hope this can get resolved as the same thing happened to me during the December event and I missed the whole end of the prize track. This is getting very frustrating as it’s happened during two events and I miss out on content. Please fix!

Replies

• MamaLuck wrote: »
    Hello. I was given a link to this page by an EA representative that had been trying to help me with the problem I’ve had. I have been unsuccessful in logging into my Springfield on any device as it tells me that I need more space. I definitely do not need more space. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, shutting my phone off, and yes, my phone is completely up-to-date. The tech at EA said it’s definitely a bug and that they are aware of it but I should report it here anyway. So here I am. I hope this can get resolved as the same thing happened to me during the December event and I missed the whole end of the prize track. This is getting very frustrating as it’s happened during two events and I miss out on content. Please fix!

Im sorry to tell you that there isnt anyone from EA here. This ia a users fourm, we are all just fellow tappers like yourself. EA help has a habit of sending folks here when they cant/wont/dont feel like helping them. I never understood why they think we will believe that having us post in a fourm is a better way to get things done then them simply telling their fellow employees what the issue is, but I digress...

Again, sorry for the run around, the only advice I can offer is to keep on them, but that will be of limited value because their first level help is usually quite poor.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Wow. Just wow. They really stink. The first guy I spoke to CLEARLY had no idea what to do so he sent me a link to a help page on their website and said it would definitely help me; but the link just listed things I had told him I had already tried and that nothing has worked. The second guy sent me here. So I’m honestly not surprised that them sending me here was a bogus and useless move. Thanks for letting me know. I’m DONE spending any money on the game (assuming I ever manage to get back on it) because this “bug” keeps happening and their lack of service is maddening.
    Thank you, so much, for your reply and letting me know that this was a useless attempt at getting help from them.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    MamaLuck wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow. They really stink. The first guy I spoke to CLEARLY had no idea what to do so he sent me a link to a help page on their website and said it would definitely help me; but the link just listed things I had told him I had already tried and that nothing has worked. The second guy sent me here. So I’m honestly not surprised that them sending me here was a bogus and useless move. Thanks for letting me know. I’m DONE spending any money on the game (assuming I ever manage to get back on it) because this “bug” keeps happening and their lack of service is maddening.
    Thank you, so much, for your reply and letting me know that this was a useless attempt at getting help from them.

Again @MamaLuck, I apologize for this (as I have done countless times to countless players over the years) it truly sickens me the way EA help treats players at times. We had a bug about a year ago (search rollback glitch if you are interested) that rendered games unplayable. It affected by some estimates about 10-20% of all tsto players, and it went on for over a year and a half before it was addressed. Sad.

That being said, ive been told if you call during normal business hours in the US (9am-5pm EST) you stand a greater chance of getting a help center in the US, and they are much better then the other, "outsourced" call centers it seems you have been dealing with. When we were dealing with the rollback glitch last year this method produced better results. I cant guarantee any better help, but it may be worth a shot.

If I/we can be of any other help, dont hesitate to ask, even PM me if you like

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • @daved7637397 I appreciate your reply and everything you said. EA has done NOTHING but give me the run around. I am definitely getting outsourced because of the fact that I can usually only call after my work hours. I can hardly understand them and they seem very disinterested in helping me because they keep giving me useless links and dismissing me. It makes me angry because I’m a longtime player and over the years I’ve paid a good amount of REAL money in this game which EA takes readily but seemingly forgets about when any issues arrive. I’m still locked out of my game. In December when I was locked out for the same issue I had to wait for the event to end and update and only then could I get back in, so I’m hoping after the Valentines event is over I can get back to my town. But I’m wary now of future big events since this keeps happening. And EA will not be seeing another dime from me because of this.
    Anyway, thanks again for your message. It is really nice to know SOMEONE cares (so far that’s just been fellow players—it’s a nice community :) ).