EA Forums - Banner

Little suggestion for EA (finding new buildings is often a problem)

I'm not sure if there's a way to find new buildings (you know when you place a new building and then it shows the completed thing) well so many times I've placed the building then the game has gone to a character for a task before giving me chance to clear the completed icon and then I can't find the building on my map at all to click the completed button.

For example, today it happened again with Chazz Busby, I had to send all my characters on tasks so that when it's finished and I'm clearing all the characters in hope it would take me to the building I laid down. As I put the building down before I had chance to clear the building when Homer says "Kaboom" it moved to Lisa for a new task and then I couldn't find it on my map at all (hence having to send characters on all tasks).

If buildings that were completed would come up in the bar at the side where characters do with their tasks it would be so much easier because there's been so many times I've placed a building down and then can't clear it's completion because I can't find it on my map.

Please can you guys be so kind to make this easier as it's very frustrating, other than that the game is awesome! :smile:

Replies

• If only they read the forums.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • EA doesn't come here....this is a fan forum run by fans.

You just gotta remember where you placed the building and move to that spot. That's pretty much how it goes.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Completed buildings have a giant check mark and hammer hovering over them.

I'm setting all tasks on a 4hr interval, to coincide with the event tasks. So i scan my entire town every four hours to collect all the money. (Then i also harvest the latest crop of KeMs, and reseed)

So I'm scanning the entire map every four hours to collect all the rent. There's no way i could miss a newly constructed building.

Maybe you could follow a process like this too?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Yeah, my map is so big and you can't zoom out that far so it's just a pain really.

It's just when you place the building, Homer says "Kaboom" then a character task overtakes before you click it to clear the check mark and moves away on the map, then you've lost it.

If you could zoom out further or have the completed building check in the bar at the side would be much easier.

I had to put my characters on a task to hopefully find it when they finished (which luckily I did).

But of a pain that's all but thanks for the replies guys :smile:
  • I always place new buildings in a ‘staging area’ before moving them to where I want them.
  • That's what I do too.
  • Ditto
  • Uhhh, i don't have this problem?

If it's a prize track building where someone is about to have a task, you can click on doing the task and it takes you to the incomplete building's construction site.
  • I always place new buildings in a ‘staging area’ before moving them to where I want them.

I do this also. My problem is finding a specific building long after it’s been completed especially with changing designs when land is added - that and also that I have five Springfields all with their own designs (my poor brain struggles trying to remember where I placed everything in each :D ).

I would truly appreciate a building directory similar to the Character directory in City Hall.
  • I also have a staging area, all the way at the bottom of my town. All new items go there to wait for their "permenant" home. Some stay their a long time :D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I also have a staging area, all the way at the bottom of my town. All new items go there to wait for their "permenant" home. Some stay their a long time :D

yes this is what I have started to do now the events are little more than extended mini events and the prizes really don't go together.

I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • RobbieGlover2K
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2019

I would truly appreciate a building directory similar to the Character directory in City Hall.

This is a good idea also.

Yeah, the staging area is a good idea actually, would be easier if we didn't have to do that though.

All we need is a button that takes you to the completed building or even if we could zoom really far out to see the whole map then it would be so much easier but I think I'm gonna build a little staging area.

Cheers guys :smile:
  • ea does read the forum or all our suggestions coming to life wouldnt be there
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Hajekfam
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2019

ea does read the forum or all our suggestions coming to life wouldnt be there

Add:
    or glitches that work in our favor that are reported here wouldn't be fixed so quickly