EA Forums - Banner

PETITION: Inventory Indexer *PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT*

Replies

• Yes! I absolutely support this idea. 😊
  • I agree with this idea and hope we do see it or something similar added since features like group storage, town portrait and area selection have been implemented over the last year.

I would like to suggest that an item locator or to be added similar to the census for characters, if there were multiples of different items with the same name (shrubs, trees etc.) then it can focus on finding an item of a specific type.
  • Yes! I absolutely support this idea. 😊

Support is what we need ! We won t give up !
  • I support this idea. We need it!
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • hook me up ;)
  • So in the first week we got 38 agrees + 10 likes. That's great!!

Thanks, everyone so far!

I wonder how many people are active on the forum? Can we get a +1 from everyone? I'll certainly try! Here we go, into week 2...
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I agree. It would be a vast improvement on the present situation.
  • I support this as well, an index would be awesome, it would help me fix up some of my areas.
  • I would love that. Great idea.
  • This is a fantastic idea, really hope it gets implemented! The current inventory layout is a nightmare, and definitely could use some sprucing up
  • Agree. But I also forget the names of things so we still need to keep the categories.
  • So the latest stats indicate this thread has been viewed 1500 times with 73 replies, but the first post only has 58 likes/agrees.

What happened? I hope all of you are willing to help me show the max amount of enthusiasm here. I've read a lot of frustrated posts about how difficult our inventory is to manage. This could be the start of some improvement.

My appreciation goes out to this week's batch of supporters. Hopefully each week will bring a fresh batch of tappers who would like to continue the momentum. I really do think we can make a difference here! Let's do it! Keep this thread alive, and like or agree the OP today! Thanks for your support! =)
  • annettemarc
    7715 posts Member
    edited February 25
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    So the latest stats indicate this thread has been viewed 1500 times with 73 replies, but the first post only has 58 likes/agrees.

What happened? I hope all of you are willing to help me show the max amount of enthusiasm here. I've read a lot of frustrated posts about how difficult our inventory is to manage. This could be the start of some improvement.

My appreciation goes out to this week's batch of supporters. Hopefully each week will bring a fresh batch of tappers who would like to continue the momentum. I really do think we can make a difference here! Let's do it! Keep this thread alive, and like or agree the OP today! Thanks for your support! =)

A few thoughts:

First, as you probably know, the number of replies doesn't reflect the number of unique posters to the thread. (Did that make any sense? I mean, for just one example, you have multiple posts) Thus, to a large extent, the variance between posts and votes is understandable.

Second, many readers may have checked the thread multiple times. I, for one, look at the forum at least 4 or 5 times a day, and take a look at your thread every time the indicator on the thread shows that there is a "new" post that I have not yet seen. Thus, the number of views may be a little misleading.

Third, if you keep an eye on the "who's online" column, you can see that, the majority of the time, the number of "guests" far outnumbers the number of forum members. It is my belief that the majority of those "guests" do not have forum accounts, but are here to gather information from the forum. (Like I sometimes look on the addicts site but I'm not logged in there. ) Thus, many of the 1,500 views are, IMHO, readers who would need to sign up AND log in to vote, and do neither, for a plethora of reasons.

Btw, this may be totally irrelevant, but I wonder if tweaking the title of the thread might maybe possibly perhaps result in more people wandering in. My thought is that changing the term "indexer" to "organizer" might maybe possibly perhaps trigger familiarity to the general audience. The term "indexer" is by far more accurate (and precise! ) for your proposal, but just to get people in the door, so to speak, "organizer" is more generic.

(What? You're still awake? )

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Yes this is so true ! If we all post a reply it would make a world of differens .
    At the end all the players would benefit
  • Good shout @4junk3000
  • Very nice idea. Go go go EA !
  • Like, agree and a me too post for ya.

As for trash, nice idea and a simple way in theory for it to work ...

Add a sub category maybe with the storage box icon used for neglected tasks (shock, horror - I sometimes ignore them rather than worry about an empty task-book but I digress) and add a little button similar to that for selling that brings up a pop-up to warn and inform the item will be moved from inventory to the new sub-section complete with confirm and cancel buttons
    It would need a new tag field in the database too and code to remove the tags for sub-categories and main inventory list and only show if you checked in your trash (or archive or whatever it got called) section
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • Bump.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • I think it's awesome that they gave us a new collection tool with the finger statue. I appreciate the are looking to improve game mechanics. This gives our crusade a little more hope!!
    braveheart_a_p.jpg
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    Bumping this up from page 3. I think it's interesting the skyfinger was released with a bug. That's why i tried to keep this request as simple as possible. Change to code affects everything! Lol

I hope they fix that soon.