EA Forums - Banner

Character task lists growing unwieldy

Prev1
This is partly the reason I used the unemployment office to task my characters (the other reason being we have about 300 of them now!).

Every time we get a new building with a task, it seems to be assigned to the same 10-15 characters. Their task lists have grown too long to bother scrolling, and I can't remember which task is at which building.

It would be so much easier if, when the building is tapped, it allowed you to assign the associated character with the correct task via a popup.

I'm sure that will never happen though, seeing how long we've been asking for an inventory index.

Replies

• I would like the option at the unemployment office to send all characters on their last task, independent of time.
    My town 7/24/19: https://i.imgur.com/lu46rph.jpg. I accept most neighbor requests.
  • Razor049 wrote: »
    I would like the option at the unemployment office to send all characters on their last task, independent of time.

I would love to have an option to send everyone on a visual task. It would go well with your suggestion of a "repeat task" option.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • This is partly the reason I used the unemployment office to task my characters (the other reason being we have about 300 of them now!).
    I have updated the list today, 404 if you have all of them.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/95158/chart-of-playable-characters-thoh-2017/p1?new=1
    Every time we get a new building with a task, it seems to be assigned to the same 10-15 characters. Their task lists have grown too long to bother scrolling, and I can't remember which task is at which building.
    You can check any specific building you want animated in the following thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/88574/list-of-tasks-for-animating-buildings/p1
    It would be so much easier if, when the building is tapped, it allowed you to assign the associated character with the correct task via a popup. I'm sure that will never happen though, seeing how long we've been asking for an inventory index.
    I doubt that we will ever have the ability to tap each building to assign tasks, but I would love to be proved wrong! I think it would take quite a lot of effort for no reward for EA to do this. I would like them to remove all the tasks associated with the ‘Adults’ group though, as every character has several extra tasks, for example, 4H ‘Try to win at Blackjack’.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Surfcitygal
    1144 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Razor049 wrote: »
    I would like the option at the unemployment office to send all characters on their last task, independent of time.

I would love to have an option to send everyone on a visual task. It would go well with your suggestion of a "repeat task" option.

I would love an all visual tasks button at the Unemployment Office regardless of the time. Some characters only have one visual task - for one hour! - which I never see since I put most on 24 hours. There are about 30 characters I assign individually, but will be giving up because of the time it takes. Even a “repeat task” would really help once the characters were set up.

While we’re wishing how about a building directory to find where we placed them now that our towns are so large?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6129 posts Moderator
    edited February 18
    I want to know why as of late every character has the same 5 tasks...

4hrs - Overpay for Sex on the Beach
    4hrs - Stay at the Swelldorado
    4hrs - Try to win at Blackjack
    4hrs - Drink and Babysit
    8hrs - Dance the Señor Burns

I wish they would get rid of these tasks as they were supposed to be temporary ones.
  • @Muhsterino - I am aware of the different lists on this forum and I appreciate them, they've been very helpful. I'm just wanting something in-game that might make gameplay more efficient.

And wow, really? We're at 400+ now? I've been doing some lazy counting when clicking through my character finder. I'm sure I don't have them all!
  • I want to know why as of late every character has the same 5 tasks...

4hrs - Drink and Babysit

I wish they would get rid of these tasks as they were supposed to be temporary ones.

Or at least not make them as the main option the unemployment office pick for the characters. It is annoying seeing at least a couple dozen characters all in 1 place like that unless it is for a daily challenge or an event.
  • I don't want to burden the employment office or buildings with too many options, but I sure would like the ability to move tasks up or down in any given character's task list ... with some characters having half a dozen or more 4 hour tasks, I'd like the choice to assign one of those tasks as the default for when I use the employment office. I don't want every kid going to hogwarts, or every adult going to gamble ...

Alternatively, I would really really really REALLY like it if all NEW tasks added get put at the BOTTOM of the appropriate time frame list instead of the top. I strongly feel that the original [n]-hour task that the character came with should always be the default that the employment office uses.
  • I spent 80million on Cecil’s last road to riches task just to clear those from his list. I keep all the Terwilligers on the opera stage and sending him was always a hassle. It’d be nice to be able to select 1 or 2 jobs to keep at the top of a character’s list.
  • Comic Book Guy alone has 12 4hr tasks in addition to his 10min, 30min, 2hr, 8hr, 12hr and 24hr. It's annoying trying to get to the task you actually want to send him on. (And it's the case with multiple characters, his was just the one I counted most recently)
    "Not my Shmoo!"
  • I like some of those "adult" tasks (like Stay at the Swelldorado), as they're a way to give premium-earning ability to my non-premium characters (and to send a bunch of charters to the same building, for faster collection). I don't want the premium-earning ones to go away!

4hrs - Drink and Babysit

And on the flip side I very much like having the same tasks available for most players. I like sending a whole bunch to the same place. I can pop in and collect quickly. Between events if I'm not designing I jus pop in a couple times a day.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • And while we're at it, why is it that most if not all of the new visual tasks added are 4 hours? Once in awhile they add some 8 hour ones. I would like some new 8, 12 and 24 hour visual tasks. There aren't enough of them.
  • there is an unreleased icon for all animated tasks... but prob hard to program
  • there is an unreleased icon for all animated tasks... but prob hard to program

Your information at least gives the hope that they have considered and/or still are considering giving us that task command :)
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    This is partly the reason I used the unemployment office to task my characters (the other reason being we have about 300 of them now!).
    I have updated the list today, 404 if you have all of them.
    FOUR hundred? Wowsers. I haven't played in a long long time and have "only" 200 or so taskable characters. (And a passel of NPCs)

No wonder some of you can make so many donuts in a day ... I ain't complaining, cuz I can make bunches easily with premium jobs with my 200 characters, but ... wow.

• > @SandraShill said:
    > I like some of those "adult" tasks (like Stay at the Swelldorado), as they're a way to give premium-earning ability to my non-premium characters (and to send a bunch of charters to the same building, for faster collection). I don't want the premium-earning ones to go away!
    Same here! They give jobs of a certain length to characters who didn’t have them before (or don’t have any otherwise), like the two barflies from Moe's, Leopold, and Sarah Wiggum. :)

4hrs - Drink and Babysit

A lot of those give premium tasks to characters that otherwise don't have them (Krabbapel doesn't have many premium tasks for example.) Sex on the Beach and Dance the Señor Burns are both premium tasks.
  • Even showing the last assigned task at the top of the list would be helpful, ie I've got Homer doing his stunt cannon performance lately, for which I have to scroll to the middle each time.
  • Even showing the last assigned task at the top of the list would be helpful, ie I've got Homer doing his stunt cannon performance lately, for which I have to scroll to the middle each time.

Perhaps a "repeat task" option would be helpful? From time to time, I go through and manually assign visual tasks to each of my characters (398 currently) which can be quite time consuming.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.