EA Forums - Banner

Simpsons/Flintstones crossover

Prev1
Wouldn't it be cool to see a crossover on Tapped Out between The Flintstones and The Simpsons?

The Flintstones was the original primetime animated series, so it would be quite fitting to see the likes of Fred and Barney appear in our Springfields.

Replies

• Simpson, Homer Simpson, he's the greatest guy in history..
  • When you're with the Flintstones
    Have a yabba dabba doo time, a dabba doo time
    We'll have a gay old time
  • This won’t happen considering The Flintstones are part of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, who are owned by Warner Bros.
  • This is enough for me.
  • Would love to see it.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)
  • Only when Disney buys Warner.
  • Yabba dabba doo, I'm talkin' to you!
  • ****130 wrote: »
    Simpson, Homer Simpson, he's the greatest guy in history..

Exactly why it would be perfect. That parody sequence is amazing.
  • This won’t happen considering The Flintstones are part of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, who are owned by Warner Bros.

Never say never. Who Framed Roger Rabbit featured characters owned by Disney and Warner Bros side by side.
  • and flintstones has its own game too
  • Holy heck fire.... that's 26 years old now?!.... Seriously...

Still makes me laugh though
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Holy heck fire.... that's 26 years old now?!.... Seriously...

Still makes me laugh though

I'd dare anyone not to laugh at Flintstones. It's simply impossible.

• The Flintstones was the original primetime animated series, so it would be quite fitting to see the likes of Fred and Barney appear in our Springfields.

Not sure why it is fitting. Would it be fitting if every primetime animated series crossed over with the Flintstones?
  • The Flintstones was the original primetime animated series, so it would be quite fitting to see the likes of Fred and Barney appear in our Springfields.

Not sure why it is fitting. Would it be fitting if every primetime animated series crossed over with the Flintstones?

I explained why. Because The Flintstones was the original primetime cartoon sitcom.
  • kylemellev801
    105 posts Member
    edited February 20
    The Flintstones was the original primetime animated series, so it would be quite fitting to see the likes of Fred and Barney appear in our Springfields.

I have to agree with this post. As a general rule of thumb I don't want to see any people/ places/ things in TSTO if it wasn't featured in The Simpsons show itself. The whole appeal of the game, for me at least, is to replicate things from the show. Adding unrelated things just because some people think it would be neat mangles the theme and turn me off.

There are thousands upon thousands of things from the show that haven't appeared in the game, let's work on those first.

Just my two cents, no offense meant to anyone.
  • Simpsons s04e12
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    Simpsons s04e12

I'm aware of the Flinstones song parody...not sure if that warrants the inclusion of the Flinstones characters. The family also appeared in a couch gag but the show itself never featured the Flinstones as characters within the world of Springfield.

If they released the THOH Simpsons wearing Flinstones costumes as skins for the Simpsons family that would be one thing.

Moot point at any rate because EA isn't about to pay Hanna Barbera for the rights anyway.

Flintstones: Bring Back Bedrock was a fairly decent game... up until Ludia pulled it without notice or warning a few years ago. :neutral:
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.

Flintstones: Bring Back Bedrock was a fairly decent game... up until Ludia pulled it without notice or warning a few years ago. :neutral:

It wasn't a patch on Tapped Out unfortunately.