EA Forums - Banner

Random fun -- Why did you choose the moniker you did?

I use mine for everything but it started 5 years ago when creating my Xbox Live gamer tag. :-)

Replies

• SlimHaydy1998
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    So, my name SlimHaydy all came about a few months back

I was talking to a couple of friends on Facebook and I was needing help choosing a name for my YouTube channel. Then somebody thought of slim shady and then they are like, YOU SHOULD CHOOSE SLIMHAYDY, my name being Hayden. So I did and it is my favoured online game name, the 1998 at the end is there cos I couldn't just get SlimHaydy so I added the year I was born. Nice and simple story :D
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Love it! Wedding Singer was the first thing I thought when I saw your name. :)

My nickname was Spiff in high school & college because I said "spiffy" so much. But the name is popular, apparently, and always taken in online stuff so I started using Spiffshine - "It's like sunshine, only spiffier!"
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Too cute, spiffy, lol! I don't think I've ever used that word in my life. Maybe it's time I gave it a whirl. Haha, Slim; good stuff. And yeah, Randomnutta, likable monikers have a tendency to stick... all spiffy like. (how was that?)
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Elsie_D are the initials of my real-world name. A co-worker always addresses me as LCD. I used the initials for sites until I joined More Awesome Than You ( Sims 3 site) and their policy forbade (or frowned upon) initials for names. Thus Elsie_D was born!
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    Initials_GBM is my iTunes related gamer tag for many games (my real initials).

Coincidentally, I recently saw a Simpsons episode where Homer doesn't believe Marge is his soulmate so he calls a Craigslist-type romance seekers ad looking for his soulmate. Homer says something like "Is this GBM and are you looking for your soulmate?"

I had to laugh out loud.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Haha, "LCD," I like that! And lmao @Warpt1's coincidence!
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    My name, Sonny, is always taken and that was the case with Origin. I went for my usual internet pseudonyms and, incredibly frustratingly, they weren't available. This must have been some kind of glitch as I have two or three that I know no one else could possibly have yet it wouldn't allow me to have them. In the end I used my name with the golden ratio after it, but I wish I could change it as I don't like names with numbers in, cool numbers or not. Somewhat frustrating.

I like your story Spiff! :-)

Also:
    the 1998 at the end is there cos I couldn't just get SlimHaydy so I added the year I was born.

I don't often feel old, but I do now. :shock:
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts
    edited November 2012
    NineNines has been my gamer name for awhile, but some punk stole it on Origin, so I had to add the 9 in the middle.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    NineNines has been my gamer name for awhile, but some punk stole it on Origin, so I had to add the 9 in the middle.

I thought it was a Herman Cain reference!

And yes, I feel old with Slim around too... HE is pretty cool for someone pre-driver's-license! :wink:
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Lmaoo.. Sonny, I was thinking the same thing..Never think of myself as old especially because a lot of people at my job tell me they have cats older then me lol, but 1998 Slim?? U barely made it into last century lol.. I was getting ready for middle school listening to the Original Slim in my diskman when u came to be lol
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    In the early days of the internet I used "PeGe" as a nick. But the last couple of years I just use my full name.
    sonny1618 wrote:
    the 1998 at the end is there cos I couldn't just get SlimHaydy so I added the year I was born.

I don't often feel old, but I do now. :shock:

I don't often feel old, but I am old. (I will not add 1961 :( )

• adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Adele RUth RAchel LOuise
    the first two initials (in RED) of my 4 daughters names, make up adruralo.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    adruralo52 wrote:
    Adele RUth RAchel LOuise
    the first two initials (in RED) of my 4 daughters names, make up adruralo.

Cute! :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!