EA Forums - Banner

What's for dinner?

Replies

• 168sean168
    3662 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Pcx7822.jpg

WxYBI0m.jpg

I ate Fried Kway Teow again. At an air conditioned food court. The design of the stall is based on traditional street hawker stalls back in the old days. The food court stalls will offer better comforts but the best food is located in actual non air conditioned hawker centre
  • 7XHk9YO.jpg

Soursop ice dessert. Soursop also has a common name of Ang Mo Durian here, which means red haired durian or the westerner's Durian. It has cooling properties as opposed to durian, which is heaty.

0a68GRC.jpg

This is a typical dessert stall here at a hawker centre
  • bsKB2ol.jpg

A green bean soup dessert. Served hot. Supposed to be cooling for the body
  • k3ouuL1.jpg

A two piece KFC promo meal. Original flavour
  • hLG31sW.jpg

SZQT2WP.jpg

Eating a Kim chi soup with added chicken and rice
  • uEmqmpp.jpg
    sGXu4ZS.jpg

This is teochew porridge. The stall is quite authentic in its offering with a lot of choices. Many dishes tend to be more salty than usual as it goes with the porridge. The salted duck egg is also a typical offering.

If you order the fish items it will be more expensive. Most stalls that sell rice and veg and meat also offer porridge but have very limited choices.
  • ROGUQdr.jpg

This is called a KFC Zinger Stacker Burger. The standard Zinger burger is just one single chicken platter.
  • QPOWdhX.jpg
    Cc81j2C.jpg

Steamed chicken rice or white chicken rice. And a general view of a stall that sells it
  • m2xAiTM.jpg
    4bTpahB.jpg

Popiah which means thin wafer or biscuit. They will ask if you want chilli or not. A popular snacks from old days. Though it is disappointing that it gets smaller and more expensive these days
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    uEmqmpp.jpg
    sGXu4ZS.jpg

This is teochew porridge. The stall is quite authentic in its offering with a lot of choices. Many dishes tend to be more salty than usual as it goes with the porridge. The salted duck egg is also a typical offering.

If you order the fish items it will be more expensive. Most stalls that sell rice and veg and meat also offer porridge but have very limited choices.
    168sean168 wrote: »
    uEmqmpp.jpg
    sGXu4ZS.jpg

uEmqmpp.jpg
    sGXu4ZS.jpg

uEmqmpp.jpg
    sGXu4ZS.jpg

I want to try all of those!

• j1m1AJ7.jpg
    2pbquMo.jpg

Prawn noodle. Can be eaten as soup or dry with a separate soup. The main feature of a good prawn noodle lies in the flavour of the soup. This stall did serve up a very intensed flavour soup. Prawns are fresh too. One of my favourite eat.
  • EwiUZAw.jpg
    mj5PwiW.jpg

A stall that sells pretty good pork porridge.
  • aK0HdMZ.jpg

A Xmas supper. Vanilla cone coated with chocolate and a iced milo
  • aDNJhRY.jpg

McDonalds happy sharing box B, a smaller version. I didn't share though and ate it myself
  • pTVAMMB.jpg
    JIK6GFH.jpg

Mutton soup or Kambing soup Muslim style. Many like to eat it with roti (Bread). The soup generally is thick and has intense flavour. The Chinese version has light soup but still having an intense flavor.
  • bQB974D.jpg
    epbG2Rt.jpg

In the past few years during the end of year, I would be eating cheesecakes. This two cheesecakes are of about 900 g each. One is strawberry topping while the other is Oreo. I am on the verge of finishing it all by myself in the month of December
  • RQp6K8I.jpg
    AqZFkHw.jpg

Eating roasted beef sandwich and salami sandwich from Marche's. A very rare moment for me.
  • 0AjC9wW.jpg

Ate at Din Tai Fung Chinese restaurant. They are most famous for their soup filled soup dumplings. A rare eat for me.
  • zj6bDQh.jpg

Chinese Herbal roasted duck and roasted pork belly. Eaten with noodles, a slightly more option than eating it with rice. Ate this at a Roasted Duck Restaurant.
  • JxZa37s.jpg

Konnichiwa! Japanese eat today.