EA Forums - Banner

What's for dinner?

Replies

• FF9nmbn.jpg

A beef Pho. Vietnamese style
  • ZXL8wAr.jpg

Nasi Goreng Ayam aka Chicken fried rice. A dish sold by Muslims of the Malay or Indian community
  • XH5RdbR.jpg

IKEA meatballs. The lotus leaf rice should be unique to my area though
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    vVInNP3.jpg

Ayam Penyat - Smashed fried chicken. A dish that is sold by Malay Muslims
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    edited May 2
    8u4VHio.jpg

Orh Jian or Orh Luak which means Fried Oyster Omelette. It is a popular Chinese dish that combines flour, egg and oyster and fry them together. The better ones tend to be crispier. The sour chilli sauce is also important
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    aVj7psD.jpg

Three piece chicken meal at long John silver's
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    pFsbXa6.jpg

Chicken rice. This version is called roasted chicken rice due it the dark brown roasted skin. Rice is very fragrant as it is cooked in Chicken broth and pandan leaves. Most stalls just include two slices of cucumber but this stall is unique as it uses preserved, pickled vegetables known as achar. It is a Peranakan way of preparing the vegetables. It tasted sweet, sour and spicy. This stall is also generous in the soup as you can get chicken feets in it. I drizzled a bit of dark soy sauce on the rice. A preference for some people. The condiment chilli is a very important part of this dish. It will be mixed with ginger and gives a good kick.
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    8Nc8Cl0.jpg

This is beef, corn and rice served by a chain known as Pepper Lunch Express. The beef is served raw and we have to fry it quickly via the hot plate. There are optional sauces to add for flavouring. Soup served is miso soup.
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    IMEznNw.jpg

Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Burger from McDonalds. My favourite burger from the menu here.
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    8psKM2G.jpg

A fish and chip meal
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    edited May 9
    j8RUq8e.jpg

This is called Indonesian BBQ chicken. One of my favourite dish as it really fills the stomach.
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    8rmuZki.jpg

Eating a big meal from IKEA.
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    8rmuZki.jpg

Eating a big meal from IKEA.

@Rhinomix76 - little yummy trees! :grin:

• @suetopia ....Bleurgh! :)
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    Pvx9xLI.jpg

A soup known as Buddha Jumps over the Fence. It is a very premium soup with expensive ingredients if ordered in a Chinese restaurant. It is supposedly so good that the Buddha would jump over the fence to eat it.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    n7lfXR4.jpg

Mee Soto. A chicken noodle sold by Malays. The feature is the flavourful soup gravy.

Have you seen the show on Netflix called "Street Food"? Your posts remind me of that show. Yum.
  • 69d7avx6s9tp.jpg
    Because it's my night to cook. (I bet you think I'm kidding.) :smiley:

You're more ambitious then me
    wEZLQYg.jpg

Yes to @annettemarc and @daved7637397 !

We had Wendy's for dinner tonight!

biXoNqq.jpg
  • daved7637397
    7228 posts Member
    edited May 15
    69d7avx6s9tp.jpg
    Because it's my night to cook. (I bet you think I'm kidding.) :smiley:

You're more ambitious then me
    wEZLQYg.jpg

Yes to @annettemarc and @daved7637397 !

We had Wendy's for dinner tonight!

biXoNqq.jpg

Nothing wrong with a Wendy's night once in a while. We just got a Chic-fil-a about a half mile from us, and Ive fallen in love with them. I would eat it 3 times a day, every day, if the wife would let me, and the kids are with me on this!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    n7lfXR4.jpg

Mee Soto. A chicken noodle sold by Malays. The feature is the flavourful soup gravy.

Have you seen the show on Netflix called "Street Food"? Your posts remind me of that show. Yum.

No I haven't . Yes most of the food I depicted was originated from street food :smile:
  • 168sean168
    3185 posts Member
    YqNqwxd.jpg

Lontong, a dish served by Malays. It consists of compressed rice cakes in a coconut based soup. Other ingredients include cabbage, turnip, carrots, fried tempeh, fried tofu, boiled eggs, fried shredded coconut. Sambal chilli can be added to taste too. The gravy is like a light curry. Quite popular for breakfast.