EA Forums - Banner

What's for dinner?

Replies

• JleQgd2.jpg

Green bean dessert. Served hot. A popular dessert here for its cooling properties
  • BLQbeL8.jpg

Tom Yum Soup with rice
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    BLQbeL8.jpg

Tom Yum Soup with rice

That soup looks so tasty.

BLQbeL8.jpg

Tom Yum Soup with rice

That soup looks so tasty.

Yeah spicy and sour...
  • qVlVhBD.jpg

Kueh TuTu. A very traditional snack sold by Chinese consisting of steamed rice flour with fillings like peanuts sugar, coconut sugar or a modern fillings of chocolate chips. Used to like this street snack alot but the price has risen so much that I only buy it once in a blue moon, preferring to eat a meal instead. This snack is available at roving night markets. Hard to find in established hawker centres.

The Malays sell a similar version called Putu Piring which is larger and softer and is served with a side of coconut shavings.
  • RRgc78x.jpg

Old Cucumber Soup with rice. It also has pork ribs in it. This is a cooling soup.
  • h15GTdS.jpg

Fried fish noodles with optional milk added
  • 8Oi8UjV.jpg

Rambutan which means hairy in Malay. Not sure if this fruit is common elsewhere.
    The meat has a very aromatic sweetness. The skin of the seeds tend to stick to the flesh though. The one shown here is quite ripe and the hairs are turning black. Before that the hairs should be green. This fruit is considered heaty. I was not allowed to eat too much of this as a boy.
  • A86ZXMh.jpg

Fried Ebi (Prawn) curry rice Japanese style
    A86ZXMh.jpg

Hi!
    I read all your posts about food. It was interesting.
    Do you like spicy food? If so, what is the spicy sauce you ate.
  • Can someone tell us more about **** (Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling)?
    Was it a legendary cake? ;)
    Why did they stop cooking it?
  • Hostess Brands. Why can't T.winkie be written on the forum? :o :# If I did something bad, I apologize. (bad English).
  • Hostess Brands. Why can't T.winkie be written on the forum? :o :# If I did something bad, I apologize. (bad English).

Isn't that the snack that one character searches for in Zombieland?
    A86ZXMh.jpg

Hi!

I don't exactly know the name of the sauces. Sambal chilli is quite famous. Used in many dishes. Then there is another type that taste sweet and sour and spicy. I believe vinegar is added. The chilli sauce they used are all from their own concoctions. Though western food and fast food stalls use the standards off the shelf ketchap and chilli sauce. Our McDonalds uses Garlic Chilli sauce
    Hostess Brands. Why can't T.winkie be written on the forum? :o :# If I did something bad, I apologize. (bad English).

Isn't that the snack that one character searches for in Zombieland?

Yes
    168sean168 wrote: »
    A86ZXMh.jpg

Hi!

I don't exactly know the name of the sauces. Sambal chilli is quite famous. Used in many dishes. Then there is another type that taste sweet and sour and spicy. I believe vinegar is added. The chilli sauce they used are all from their own concoctions. Though western food and fast food stalls use the standards off the shelf ketchap and chilli sauce. Our McDonalds uses Garlic Chilli sauce

I love spicy food. I was wondering what the spicy sauce you ate (Scoville scale).
  • 168sean168
    3187 posts Member
    edited September 3
    CMJEmKr.jpg

Braised Duck rice. Rice is yam rice. Served with braised hard boiled egg, peanuts, some preserved salted vegetable and tau pok, a kind of fried bean curd. Soup is herbal. I took two types of chilli. The dark red one the stall called it a specialty chilli. I believed it is similar to sambal and I could eat bits of shrimps in it. The other one is vinegar chilli.
  • I believe my wife said meatloaf tonight. I work
    I believe my wife said meatloaf tonight. I work nights, she handles meals, and does a fine job of it!

Mmmm.... Meatloaf.

I made the goulash. It is yummy.

Lmao the fact that i read this “mmmm.... Meatloaf” part, in Homer Simpsons voice 😂😂
  • OMknygZ.jpg

Dry minced meat noodles with chilli and a bowl of tasty soup
  • xbh7Hwf.jpg

Thai Basil leaf chicken. I think they should have grounded the chicken instead of chopping it up to small pieces for this dish.