EA Forums - Banner

ZOOMED I was patient NOW I QUIT

Thats it. I was PATIENT. I waited a MONTH!!!!! I QUIT. I absolutely 100% QUIT. My Town has been ZOOMED since the Valentines update. Today we have a brand new update and NOTHING was fixed! I am LIVID.

-I have wrote EA (many, MANY times)
-I have posted in EA forums & Groups
-I have opened SEVERAL “cases” with EA
-I have tried LOTS of (suggested) remedies

I am completely insulted. I have been a DAILY player for YEARS!!!!!!!! and I QUIT.

Replies

• Have you tried using a different device?
  • Yes, what is the chance you can find an old 7-8" tablet to install the game on, even for a short time? Any other device would work, just for loading the database and resetting your server side config data for screen resolution. The new file you create on that end should then supercede whatever corrupt file you have in your affected device, that is not refreshing for you and causing you stress.

Most problems I've had, i was able to correct by switching between my tablet and my phone.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • We have two Kindles in this household. One is an older Kindle Fire HD (3rd Generation) and the other is a newer Fire (5th Generation). Strange thing is mine, the older 3rd generation and I have not experienced the zoom bug at all. Family member's newer Kindle still has the bug on 2.26.19 4.37.5 update. He has loaded the game both on my Kindle with no bug and on a marshmallow android with no zoom bugs and his town works on those devices but stays zoomed in only when he signs into his own device. Me thinks this is more related to game coding and hardware/software architecture changes between Kindle generations.
  • Have you tried nuking? Or a fresh bowl of soup?

• 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    That was a month ago. Hopefully they ordered another device to use by now!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Hopefully they ordered another device to use by now!

Really? You think the solution is for players to just spending money buying a new device? Are you implying that the device's age is to blame? Because if you've read the posts about this problem you would have read that people aren't seeing the problem on some kindles that are older than the device they are using that's having the problem.
    If the age of the device or type of device is an issue then EA should inform users about this. Have some pop-up info indicating that the town can't be zoomed out on this device due to blah blah.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

Really? You think the solution is for players to just spending money buying a new device? Are you implying that the device's age is to blame? Because if you've read the posts about this problem you would have read that people aren't seeing the problem on some kindles that are older than the device they are using that's having the problem.
    If the age of the device or type of device is an issue then EA should inform users about this. Have some pop-up info indicating that the town can't be zoomed out on this device due to blah blah.

It's not a solution in principle, but it is a practical one should OP wish to continue to play the game any time soon (ie buying a non-Kindle device).

Problem is, these issues can take months to resolve and a lot of persistence and patience on our part. If budget allows, it's a quick fix (that I agree shouldn't have to be an option at all).
  • 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »

No, freakshow I don't think that's the solution.

I just hoped that after a month they found a way to keep playing, since he just answered a month old post.

Meanwhile someone reported they reloaded the game and their zoom issue was gone. So maybe it's been corrected. I have no idea.

Don't act like I work for EA and my goal is to penalize players. I HAVE read the posts. I try to help when I can. And if the only alternative (not solution but work around) is to buy a used android for $20 then that sure beats throwing a tantrum and not playing anymore.

But all tantrum throwers are welcome to hissy their fits all they want. Just not ON ME.