EA Forums - Banner

State of Despair: Walkthrough

LPNintendoITA
11470 posts Member
edited March 2019
Inter-State Debacle

Auto starts

Homer: Springfield has been kicked out of the state! I know from experience you can get kicked out of baseball games, movie theaters, and insane asylums. But this?
Moe: I’m so mad. I’m going to give Governor Mary Bailey a piece of my mind. Specifically, this piece that just popped out.
Homer: Yeah. We should all give Governor Mary Whatever a piece of our minds! Moe, hand me that icepick.
Lisa: Or... we could try just speaking to our elected public representative.
Homer: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…
Lisa: Is that because he's bored or because of the icepick?
Lisa: You know what, I’m just gonna build a house so she can pop out and I can say this directly to her.

Task: Place a Brown House

Homer: Like me twenty-eight days last month, that didn’t work.
Sideshow Bob: It seems your plan was foiled! Oh, it feels quite nice being on the other side of that sentence.
Lisa: Maybe we should build a Mystery Box?
Homer: Quiet, Lisa! You’re interrupting my brilliant idea – let’s build a Mystery Box!

Quest reward: $100 and 10 XP

State of Mine Pt. 1

Auto starts

Homer: Okay, time to build this Mystery Box and reveal Governor Bailey. All we need are my tools.
Homer: Flanders, can I borrow some tools?
Ned: Okely dokely! But this time could you not return them covered in maple syrup?
Homer: Got it - don’t return them.
Luigi: Did I hear that Governor Mary Bailey is gonna come for a visit?
Homer: That’s the plan! The poorly-thought-out plan!
Luigi: I must prep the pasta. It’s the state dish. It’s on our quarter. Along with Mount Rushless and the Disappointing Canyon.
Homer: Ok. I’ll make a portal of endless possibilities and you’ll prep pasta. Both equally difficult and necessary tasks.

Task: Make Homer Struggle to Build a Mystery Box
Time: 4h
Task: Collect State Pasta [x300]

Governor Mary Bailey: Where am I? What happened?
Marge: You’re in Springfield, Governor Bailey.
Governor Mary Bailey: That would explain the smell.
Governor Mary Bailey: I demand you send me back this instant. I was about to smash a champagne bottle on a boat.
Lisa: You mean to christen it?
Governor Mary Bailey: Uh… sure.
Moe: No way! You kicked Springfield out and now we’re demanding you kick us back in.

State of Mine Pt. 2

Auto starts

Homer: You’ve left me no other choice, because this is the only choice I came with.
Homer: I challenge you to a pork chop eating contest!
Homer: If I win, you take back Springfield. The city once voted ‘Not Worth Haunting’ by Ghost Monthly.
Governor Mary Bailey: Surely this can’t be legal. I’m calling the authorities.
Wiggum: Sorry, ma’am, Springfield law is clear. A kidnapped governor cannot turn down an eating contest.
Wiggum: Huh, also, according to this statute, ducks can vote.
Moe: You’re toast, Bailey. Nobody can beat Homer at eating food.
Governor Mary Bailey: Oh yeah? Well I eat food for breakfast! …That sounded better in my head.

Task: Make Homer Have an Eating Contest
Task: Collect State Pasta [x250]

Homer: My heart! Can't. Eat. More. Or talk. In complete. Sentences.
Governor Mary Bailey: You never stood a chance – they don’t call it pork barrel politics for nothing.

State of Mine Pt. 3

Auto starts

Marge: I wish I didn't have to say this so often, but I’m sorry my husband threw up in your purse.
Governor Mary Bailey: Ugh, I can’t wait until this wretched town isn’t a part of our beautiful state. With its unique name and easily identifiable shape.
Lisa: You know Springfield really is a wonderful place. Let us show you! We have a great… um, I’m sure I’ll know it when I see it.
Governor Mary Bailey: *sigh* Very well. I’ve got nothing better to do.

Task: Make Marge Make a Case for Springfield
Task: Collect State Pasta [x350]

Marge: What did you think?
Governor Mary Bailey: It sure was… something. I just have a few questions.
Governor Mary Bailey: Why are there two theme parks? Does that giant escalator go nowhere? And are those captive whales?
Marge: Let me answer those questions with another question. Who wants ice cream?

State of Mine Pt. 4

Auto starts

Mr. Burns: Time to play hardball, Bailey. But not too hard, because of my osteoporosis.
Mr. Burns: I’ve called on all the criminal masterminds of Springfield.
Snake: And I’m the only one who was available on such short notice.
Mr. Burns: You imbecile! You don’t need to tell her that!
Governor Mary Bailey: *sigh* This is why Springfield is rated first in Dumbest Criminals.
Homer: And first in Unexplained Bird Deaths!
Mr. Burns: I’ll bury you in lawsuits, Bailey!
Snake: And I keyed your car... assuming your license plate says BURNS4U.

Task: Make Mr. Burns Use Blackmail to Solve Problems
Time: 8h
Task: Make Snake Use Violence to Solve Problems
Task: Collect State Pasta [x400]

Governor Mary Bailey: I’m going to let Springfield stay. And I’m going to petition to change the state name to Springfield State!
Snake: What changed your mind? Was it the threats of violence?
Mr. Burns: Or the bribery?
Luigi: Or all the pasta I’ve collected?
Governor Mary Bailey: No, it was none of those things. It was the bribery!
Mr. Burns: That was one of those things.

State of Mine Pt. 5

Auto starts

Moe: I’m tired of all these jamokes and their plans that don’t work. Bailey meet Bat-ley. Bat-ley meet Shin-Boney.
Governor Mary Bailey: You can put that bat away. Your friends already changed my mind.
Moe: Without violence? Is that even possible?
Governor Mary Bailey: I have to say, you Springfielders sure are passionate about your town. With its many under performing schools and All-You-Can-Eat Pharmacies.
Governor Mary Bailey: I’m heading back to change the name of this state to Springfield State!
Luigi: You can’t go now! I still haven’t collected all the pasta! Why am I even doing this?!?
Homer: No one knows.
Luigi: So I can stop?
Homer: I didn’t say that.

Task: Make Springfielders Celebrate [x3]
Task: Collect State Pasta [x350]

Marge: Governor Bailey? What are you doing back?
Governor Mary Bailey: It’s just Mary Bailey now. Unfortunately, I was impeached for trying to rename the state. And for taking a lot of bribes.
Marge: No, I meant what are you doing in my refrigerator?
Governor Mary Bailey: Oh, the Mystery Box I came in is now home to a litter of kittens, so I needed to choose another box.
Marge: Well we’re happy to have you.
Governor Mary Bailey: I figured now that I’m a disgraced political figure, I’d fit right in here in Springfield.
Quimby: Right you are!

Quest reward: $200 and 20 XP
My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord