EA Forums - Banner

Game Tuner Options?

Prev1
simpsonare
2124 posts Member
edited March 3
So The original game tuner was removed from the play store. I had my game set to max resolution and the storage was around 1,600MB. Since the app was removed the resolution is reverting and the download file is 900 or so. I was wondering if anyone has a good alternative. The games res is not what I want it.
Post edited by simpsonare on

Replies

• mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    What kind of device are you using? I'm not sure if this is relevant to you since I had a problem with Game Tuner a little over a year ago on my then-new Samsung S2 tablet. It wanted to update to a newer version and gave me a notification that my device was no longer supported. TSTO was impossible to play because the resolution was zoomed in so far. I had to go to APK Mirror and download/install a previous version of game tuner. The one I am using is 3.3.11. This has worked so far but there is one minor quirk. When I start my device, I have to immediately go into TSTO or it will be zoomed in. Strangely, it will stay at a decent resolution all day even if I close the game. It only reverts when I power off my device.
    I hope this makes sense and can help you.
  • simpsonare
    2124 posts Member
    edited March 4
    I'll try the APK mirror. I saw the game tuner app was removed from the play store. I think it's because of the Andriod pie update with the game launcher. I'm kind of wary of downloading unknown sources. I'm using a new Note 9 I got yesterday.

Here is the resolution difference.
    iwgam4ax8c6m.jpg
    cyij8waao9t6.jpg
  • simpsonare
    2124 posts Member
    I downloaded it but it stays on optimizing.
    09zuhoeawnar.jpg
  • mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    What version did you download? I am using 3.4.05 on my Galaxy S8. It is working fine on that device.
  • simpsonare
    2124 posts Member
    mystery2mi wrote: »
    What version did you download? I am using 3.4.05 on my Galaxy S8. It is working fine on that device.

If you uninstall it, it probably wont work anymore. This is what I get.
    41gba5vsbj82.jpg
    7teucoc9zzt8.jpg
  • mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    Try the 3.4.05 from the APK Mirror. That is the newest version on there. Theoretically, (meaning I have no idea what I'm talking about) it should work on your Note 9 which is newer than my phone.
    Good luck! I know how frustrating it is.
  • simpsonare
    2124 posts Member
    That's the first one I tried when the app was no longer in the playstore.
  • mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    Well, I'm out of ideas. I hope you can find something that will work.
  • Im having the same problem with the zoom. I was able to side load it on my tab A 10.1, but sadly it didn't fix the zoom issue.
  • mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    reddog086 wrote: »
    Im having the same problem with the zoom. I was able to side load it on my tab A 10.1, but sadly it didn't fix the zoom issue.

Have you tried powering off your device, powering back on, then immediately going into TSTO? This actually works on my tab S2. I don't know why but if I'm too slow, I have to start over.
  • Yep I tried that too. Didn't work for me. This is a brand new tablet too.
  • The Samsung Game Tuner functionality appears to have been replaced by the Samsung Game Launcher, which doesn't seem to have its own app store page but may have been added to your device as part of a system update.
  • dustandair wrote: »
    The Samsung Game Tuner functionality appears to have been replaced by the Samsung Game Launcher, which doesn't seem to have its own app store page but may have been added to your device as part of a system update.

The game launcher has no quality options.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    dustandair wrote: »
    The Samsung Game Tuner functionality appears to have been replaced by the Samsung Game Launcher, which doesn't seem to have its own app store page but may have been added to your device as part of a system update.

If you tap the pen-and-gear button near the bottom right, there are game-specific settings. It doesn't let you set a specific resolution, but choosing "focus on performance" and turning off the "low resolution" toggle might resolve the issue if they are not already set.
  • simpsonare
    2124 posts Member
    edited March 7
    simpsonare wrote: »

If you tap the pen-and-gear button near the bottom right, there are game-specific settings. It doesn't let you set a specific resolution, but choosing "focus on performance" and turning off the "low resolution" toggle might resolve the issue if they are not already set.

@dustandair
    Thank you for the help. It was already set to performance. I switched it to balanced to atleast try and its downloading the 1,600 mb file

• Have you tried this?

How to Increase the Display Pixel Resolution of the Galaxy Note 9

Launch the Settings application.
    Tap on the Display option that you see toward the top.
    Then tap the Screen Resolution feature in the first screen of options.
    Swipe the blue dot to the right to set the Galaxy Note 9 to a 1440p resolution.
  • simpsonare
    2124 posts Member
    vf45xlhw661n.jpg
    Quality res right there.

@amendolara76 I already had it at max resolution. But switching the game launcher tool from performance to balanced fixed it.
  • I’m on IOS and stuck with resolution. I don’t mind it at this point but it used to bother me because the game used to look better for me.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    vf45xlhw661n.jpg
    Quality res right there.

@amendolara76 I already had it at max resolution. But switching the game launcher tool from performance to balanced fixed it.

Good to hear. The zoom in was terrible on my game. I changed my res from high to low just messing with the phone and couldn't believe it fixed it finally lol