EA Forums - Banner

Goodbye Leon Kompowsky...

Replies

• MJ is still my hero :#
    Thriller is in my mind the best ever zombie to disco movie ever made
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • jmlgg
    182 posts Member
    Well, Leon stays whole night in Barts room in the episode. They even recently joked about it, saying those were simpler times.. prolly main reason for it
  • 4junk3000
    5270 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Wow. I'm surprised to see this range of reaction. Proof? Isn't someone saying it occurred, proof? Why else would they say it? Why would anyone choose to become the public enemy like this? MJ is certainly loved, so to take on all that animosity, for what? Fame? Come on people.

It's far easier to believe that a super celebrity with God like status and a very sketchy childhood himself, could do things that he thought was a secret between him and his friends, but turned out to be taboo because hey Mike you're not a kid anymore.

If Cory F can say "hey I'm not here to judge, but I'm not here to defend either, because i think victims deserve to be believed" than so can anyone else. Cory and MJ were tight. We don't know this man like he did, and he's admitting he may not have known him either. We just choose to idolize great talent. Snap out of it. Stellar artists have had bad judgement long before any of us were born.

That said, I'll still appreciate MJs music. I won't dislike a song i dig, because i never gave him much faith anyway. But many did, and they're mourning now. I feel bad for them. We all wish our heroes were clean. But I'd rather out predators, than ignore victims.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 18ufii76y5my.jpg
    so we need to take down all this ep leon has been in?
    no cause those didnt have mj in singing. it was hank azaria doing it.
    so the ep was taken down due to mj singing. not cause of Leon!!!
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • djmikeh
    83 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    Wow. I'm surprised to see this range of reaction. Proof? Isn't someone saying it occurred, proof? Why else would they say it?

That’s a joke right? Because surely you’re not *that* stupid? If the courts worked going from HERESAY then everyone would be in jail, once again, there is ZERO PROOF. Ask the FBI, the police who raided his house, there’s nothing out there.
  • djmikeh wrote: »
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    Wow. I'm surprised to see this range of reaction. Proof? Isn't someone saying it occurred, proof? Why else would they say it?

That’s a joke right? Because surely you’re not *that* stupid? If the courts worked going from HERESAY then everyone would be in jail, once again, there is ZERO PROOF. Ask the FBI, the police who raided his house, there’s nothing out there.

Calm down dude
  • 18ufii76y5my.jpg
    so we need to take down all this ep leon has been in?
    no cause those didnt have mj in singing. it was hank azaria doing it.
    so the ep was taken down due to mj singing. not cause of Leon!!!

MJ wasn't the singer. He had a singing double. He only voiced leon
  • When I was around 8 or 9, I was a huge Michael Jackson fan. If only I had known back then that I was his type....
  • ✨😏👌😏✨
    QDx8RwT.jpg
  • I would love it if EA stick their two fingers up at the nonsensical Michael Jackson boycotts over a one-sided documentary and bring Leon Kompowsky back as a free character for all.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
  • I would love it if EA stick their two fingers up at the nonsensical Michael Jackson boycotts over a one-sided documentary and bring Leon Kompowsky back as a free character for all.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

What's EA got to do with it? At this point the focus is on the TV episode - has anything been said about the character in relation to TSTO? Besides, it's Groening's IP and his team can do what he wants with the character.

• I wouldn't be too worried. They've done this before.

Remember the NYC/WTC episode? They were not going to show that one anymore either. And then they slipped it back into rotation with absolutely no fanfare.

I'll agree the MJ issue looks really bad, but I'm seeing this as virtue signaling. No one would have noticed or probably even cared if they'd kept running that episode. My suspicion is that they're doing this in part to deflect from the recent uproar over Apu. Easier to save face by pulling one episode than pulling a standard character from many. You look like the "good guys" with minimal effort.

It's a giant pile of political ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Yeah I've grown cynical in my old age.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Apu isn't going anywhere.

No he's not. They're not about to take him out of the show or the game. But they've been very conservative about using him in the latest episodes.
  • What is the sandal with Apu?
    Apu isn't going anywhere.

No he's not. They're not about to take him out of the show or the game. But they've been very conservative about using him in the latest episodes.

Al Jean said apu isn't going anywhere. Just because a writer makes a documentary and says he is doesn't mean he is.
  • simpsonare
    2194 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @4kidsandacatdog Al Jean on Twitter: "Apu is not being removed. Don’t know how much more plainly I can say it. 😊"
    Twitter › aljean › status
    Nov. 1, 2018
    @4kidsandacatdog Al Jean on Twitter: "Apu is not being removed. Don’t know how much more plainly I can say it. 😊"
    Twitter › aljean › status
    Nov. 1, 2018

Ummm... why do you keep repeating yourself? I agreed with you...he's not going anywhere.

I wonder who you're trying to convince?
  • What is the sandal with Apu?

I guess you're asking what is the problem.

There are several rather vocal objections to him on the basis of his being a racist stereotype.