EA Forums - Banner

House-farming? or just trying to get 5* on Indolence?

These are all the house I needed to attain a five star rating . Not including fat Tony's house or burns and misc premium building

anf3mvW.jpg

Replies

• Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    well the difference IMO is this. If your a house farmer you want as much space as possible so you use no roads decorations ETC. if your doing as you say then i would place the house with roads and add neighborhoods. like say in one section put 5 blue, 5 white, 5 orange, and make 2-3 neighborhoods hoods this way you still get your rating but wont look like a house farmer. its what my final plan is for my city, once i unlock all the land.
  • JackSkell86
    103 posts
    edited July 2013
    I have about 12 brown houses and a couple blue houses in my town but I have them sprinkled in between other houses so it doesn't look like a complete eye sore, only 4 of the brown houses are bunched together as I can't figure where else to put them.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    House farming is when the houses are crammed together and there is no design to it. I think it's a bit unrealistic to think that a town the size of our virtual Springfields would only have one of each type of house. So I have my 3 brown houses/cabins in the woods. Then I have a gated community with a park and roads for my houses.

I have two other towns that have no neighbors (other than LadySims and my other accounts) and they have very small house farms because they are soooo behind that i need money! LOL however, no neighbors so nobody sees them.
  • dcg_moo
    101 posts
    edited July 2013
    You clearly have to buy houses to improve. The difference is how many, and how they're used.

The general rule I've seen stated us that if every house has reasonable access (road, etc) its a neighborhood not a farm. As you yourself said... you can tell which of your neighbors have farms already as soon as you log into their town.

Just... don't do that. :)

I have a small "trailer park" of brown houses I use to put the houses I needed early for money, and its a great little source of income while I'm remodeling. But every "trailer" has its own parking space, pavement connecting it to the road, and the park will be decorated appropriately (when funds allow lol). I doubt anyone would consider that a "farm", even though its a clump of 6 (eventually 8) brown houses next to each other.
  • simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I have about 12 brown houses and a couple blue houses in my town but I have them sprinkled in between other houses so it doesn't look like a complete eye sore, only 4 of the brown houses are bunched together as I can't figure where else to put them.

Your 4 brown house look good next to the nuclear plant, makes it look like housing for the plant employees. :) If/when you purchase more land and you want to do something different with them you could always place those in a wooded area or by water to make them lake cabins.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    First of all, it's your town. Who care if you house farm and who care what people think.

Secondly, this is a house farm. It's one of my side towns. Eventually the whole map will be covered with them:

cB6pYOx.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!