EA Forums - Banner

Yearbook Mystery Box

Replies

• skill101r
    38 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Just completed all the items out of my year box, so the box disappeared. Managed to reach the 1000% bonus mark,
  • Before the Yearbook Box came with the mini event....I was at 500 something and now I'm at 750.65% :)

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Doughal
    206 posts Member
    Before the Yearbook Box came with the mini event....I was at 500 something and now I'm at 750.65% :)

It's been good for me too. I was at around 620% and now I've just passed the 800% mark!

• wembleykid1
    1 posts New member
    So, after spending around $500m on KEM harvesting for the past 4 weeks, I've finished collecting everything available for the Yearbook, moving from 650% multiplier to 1124.90%, adding 50+ characters (now about 350 in total) and countless new buildings. Down to 18 tasks to complete (was up to around 95 at one point) and still have $430m and 2000+ doughnuts. Freemium player only, have never spent a cent on the game. There are still a fair few characters I'm missing, hopefully a new Yearbook in the pipeline.
  • 10AAA10
    37 posts Member
    [quote="wembleykid1;c-2062075"]So, after spending around $500m on KEM harvesting for the past 4 weeks, I've finished collecting everything available for the Yearbook, moving from 650% multiplier to 1124.90%, adding 50+ characters (now about 350 in total) and countless new buildings. Down to 18 tasks to complete (was up to around 95 at one point) and still have $430m and 2000+ doughnuts. Freemium player only, have never spent a cent on the game. There are still a fair few characters I'm missing, hopefully a new Yearbook in the pipeline.[/quote]

You are so proud that you have not spent a penny on the game. Is it bad if a person spent money on a game? If there were no players who pay money, then perhaps this project would have been closed for a long time.
  • Not sure why so many people are bragging about clearing the mystery box. There was ALOT of terrible junk in there that has no value what so ever. Just because its 'All you can eat' doesnt mean you should have some of everything...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Not sure why so many people are bragging about clearing the mystery box. There was ALOT of terrible junk in there that has no value what so ever. Just because its 'All you can eat' doesnt mean you should have some of everything...

One man's trash is another man's treasure...
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

If it doesn't effect you or the way you play your game, why do you care?
  • I got down to the last 30 or so junk items but by that time I couldn’t help myself and cleared out the box just because I could.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited April 8
    So, after spending around $500m on KEM harvesting for the past 4 weeks, I've finished collecting everything available for the Yearbook, moving from 650% multiplier to 1124.90%, adding 50+ characters (now about 350 in total) and countless new buildings. Down to 18 tasks to complete (was up to around 95 at one point) and still have $430m and 2000+ doughnuts. Freemium player only, have never spent a cent on the game. There are still a fair few characters I'm missing, hopefully a new Yearbook in the pipeline.

I can relate to your enthusiasm, as I'm someone who never had the luxurious good fortune to be able to afford premium purchases in a game like this.

So this Yearbook feature is a welcome reward for my years of supporting the game as best i could even if i couldn't afford to financially. I choose to ignore asshat critics who are obviously butt-hurt that we are getting for discount/free, what they paid for fully. These people routinely express how dissatisfied they are when the poor get something "they don't deserve". I hate them for their greed and arrogance, and find it comical when their feelings are hurt over their diminished sense of exclusivity.

I'm looking forward to acquiring all features available in the Yearbook, and i sincerely thank EA (again) for offering it to us. It has renewed my enthusiasm for playing the game, which i must assume was their intent.

Happy tapping!

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 10AAA10
    37 posts Member
    The tsto user cannot afford a $ 5-10 purchase (residents of low-income countries are not counted). It is financially difficult for him. A person does not want to get an education and a new job, he does not try to change his life. He is already comfortable, as he is in his comfort zone. At the same time, the player regularly enters the game and farms donuts. ****? It may be better to switch from the game to something more useful. I do not urge to spend money on the game, this game is conditionally free. How can you spend time playing when you have no money. It may be better to earn real money, not virtual donuts.
  • annettemarc
    7715 posts Member
    edited April 9

I am in awe. Seriously. You are the epitome of the work ethic: persistence and determination and willingness to put free time into reaching a goal.

In total, I've spent a small fortune on this game over the past several years, and still haven't reached that multiplier. And only have a little more than 200 characters. I do not have anywhere the willpower that you do. I prefer taking the easy way out. Idle rich, move over. Here comes Annette. And I guess I can feel a bit better knowing that EA needs both of us.

Kudos. Now get back to work. Tap. Tap. Tap.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 10AAA10 wrote: »
    The tsto user cannot afford a $ 5-10 purchase (residents of low-income countries are not counted). It is financially difficult for him. A person does not want to get an education and a new job, he does not try to change his life. He is already comfortable, as he is in his comfort zone. At the same time, the player regularly enters the game and farms donuts. ****? It may be better to switch from the game to something more useful. I do not urge to spend money on the game, this game is conditionally free. How can you spend time playing when you have no money. It may be better to earn real money, not virtual donuts.

On the other hand, perhaps the tsto user is an obscenely wealthy tycoon who got that way by being wise about where to spend his money, and who can't imagine any intelligent person spending real hard-earned money on pretend pink donuts to buy pretend buildings so that his pretend cartoon characters can do pretend jobs so that he can buy more pretend pink donuts. Especially if he can get donuts by tapping one finger on a glass screen. (which is, I fear, one reason that I will never be an obscenely wealthy tycoon).

:)
  • [quote="annettemarc;c-2062291"][quote="10AAA10;c-2062246"]The tsto user cannot afford a $ 5-10 purchase (residents of low-income countries are not counted). It is financially difficult for him. A person does not want to get an education and a new job, he does not try to change his life. He is already comfortable, as he is in his comfort zone. At the same time, the player regularly enters the game and farms donuts. ****? It may be better to switch from the game to something more useful. I do not urge to spend money on the game, this game is conditionally free. How can you spend time playing when you have no money. It may be better to earn real money, not virtual donuts.[/quote]

On the other hand, perhaps the tsto user is an obscenely wealthy tycoon who got that way by being wise about where to spend his money, and who can't imagine any intelligent person spending real hard-earned money on pretend pink donuts to buy pretend buildings so that his pretend cartoon characters can do pretend jobs so that he can buy more pretend pink donuts. Especially if he can get donuts by tapping one finger on a glass screen. (which is, I fear, one reason that I will never be an obscenely wealthy tycoon).

:) [/quote]

People spend money on watching movies in the cinema and on viewing pictures in the museum. Neither films and pictures belong to them. So why can you spend money on them, and spending money on a game is considered a bad form. ;)
  • 10AAA10 wrote: »
    People spend money on watching movies in the cinema and on viewing pictures in the museum. Neither films and pictures belong to them. So why can you spend money on them, and spending money on a game is considered a bad form. ;)

Amen to that! That's the rationale I've given my husband since I started playing this game back in 2013. A lot better than a movie that ends in 2 hours and then disappears. As opposed to buying Barney and the Bowlarama for a lot less money and getting to see him walking around my Springfield every day for years. Spent 1% of my retirement check each month on pretend pink donuts.... (Yikes. I just realized what that grand total comes to after 5 years playing!) (Egad!) (Good grief.). :wink:

• empathy77
    4141 posts Member
    edited April 9
    It is being removed from the servers
    giphy.gif
    ......or maybe not
    giphy.gif
    Post edited by empathy77 on
  • not apparently. fake date
  • Any news on the Yearbook's end date? Should I go panic buy the last things and be donut poor? Or just wait patiently until I earn the donuts needed?
  • Any news on the Yearbook's end date? Should I go panic buy the last things and be donut poor? Or just wait patiently until I earn the donuts needed?

No. Yes. No.

lxya2e5l44cv.jpg